Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard - an ultimate guide  (Read 1953 times)
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 05:10:46 PM

Since Bitcoin deals with financial sector I would like to highlight Robert Kiyosaki cashflow concept on this topic. According to the best selling Author Robert Kiyosaki, 90% people are trapped in the rat race and their continuously busy in doing hard work but they forget that they are working for those 10% people who are working in a smart way. I would like to promote his book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and I recommend everyone to read it to understand how the society is working right now on the financial level. Two things are extremely important time and financial freedom but we will need money for the same.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 05:21:24 PM

an interesting idea, and I am also thinking the same thing. hard work is certainly okay but it will just be made ourselves just focused on the work and not thinking ourselves regarding health, rest and vacation time. But if you already use smart work system then all that will be overcome because it could set the all time be it for work and for yourself.

emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 05:49:08 PM

I think you must always try to find position in life where you can have lot of options open, and try to be smart/informed enough to choose the best one it given moment.
But first you must know what you want and be clear in your goals.
When your goals are clear, you won't waste time on unnneccessary things anymore.

When you are unexperienced you must work hard, and working smart will come with time.
Seeking and finding a way for us to do job as easy as possible would help us to deal with our job faster and more efficient in the future. And the right thing to do this is by having enough experience in particular thing that could provide us knowledge that we could used in our daily activities and help us to smartly do job and task for us to earn and learn at the same process with ease.
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2018, 06:47:20 PM

I think you must always try to find position in life where you can have lot of options open, and try to be smart/informed enough to choose the best one it given moment.
But first you must know what you want and be clear in your goals.
When your goals are clear, you won't waste time on unnneccessary things anymore.

When you are unexperienced you must work hard, and working smart will come with time.
Seeking and finding a way for us to do job as easy as possible would help us to deal with our job faster and more efficient in the future. And the right thing to do this is by having enough experience in particular thing that could provide us knowledge that we could used in our daily activities and help us to smartly do job and task for us to earn and learn at the same process with ease.
once they said that the smart money will not work, so it is very difficult today to talk about what the smart does in fact. Apparently if a person is engaged in a crypto currency, then he is smart, and can make good money.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:16:45 AM

I of course prefer being smart than any other options. Working smart + working hard wins though but we are only to pick one here. Smart people always find ways for an easier route with the same results or maybe even better or slightly behind but compared to the effort then it is worth it.
In my opinion, if you want to have success in your life, then you must do both the things at the very same time. you cannot just rely on either of them to have what all you want to have in your life. The best thing which can help you in gaining success is to plan the things smartly and wisely and then work hard to execute that plan in the best possible way, thus resulting greater profit.
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 12:17:33 PM

For me "working smart" has two meanings. First one is that "smart" refers to those kind of work, that require you intellect, rather than physical exercises. Intellectual work isn't that difficult, comparing to physical, but it must be appreciated more. And the second meaning, "smart" may also refer to the way you do your work, not the nature of work: you need to find useful contacts, you need to know how to plan your time, you have to be orderly and know how to present yourself.

Personally, I don't think it is the right approach to distinguish between hard work as mostly physical and smart work as mostly intellectual, though it should be clear that when your work involves physical part, for example, as a mover, there is not much you can do with it, I mean, doing it in a smarter way. So we are basically left with intellectual work involving your brain, and that's where most of the distinction should be made between working hard and working smart since you can use your intelligence in a smart or dumb way.
migz28

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:25:08 PM

working smart vs working hard.. much better if you do it at the same time so that the outcome is successful .. and do with it with love and positive thinking too..
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:27:56 PM
Merited by Hell-raiser (1)

working hard without being smart is a waste of effort, you will just be on your work for the rest of your life.

You need to be smart, a smart worker will give importance to his/her job in such a wise and perfect outcome,
always have time with the family and thinking on what is better and what is right to do.

We hunters are being smart here, that is why we are getting better in life.
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:39:38 PM

Working hard will not always be a guarantee to make you rich because you will only make your boss richer. But it's different when you work hard for a business that you, yourself is the boss. I guess hardwork pays off if you own the business yourself and the effort you've made for that business is well worth it, when your the one to gain it all. Also working smarter is just doing hard task simple and faster. Therefore both is useful when working on something.
This is correct, that is why we must always strive to try to start our own business and to be our own boss you need to understand that your boss doesn't pay you because he likes to do charity, he pays you to do a job and if he wants to remain in business he needs to pay you less than what you are producing, so you need to make an effort to create your own business it doesn't matter if it is not the most glamorous as long as it gives you money then you can employ the strategy of working hard and obtain and retain all the benefits for yourself.
brontosaurus

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:09:42 PM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?

practical take on working smart... umm...gotta think about this in that way...sounds interesting pretty much. I have always believed in working smart rather than hard. It has stronger implications than working hard. In the contemporary times, it's good for everyone that they explore and find out new methods to work smart and save their much valued tie in doing something constructive that can get them faster returns.

So from my life experience i can say that it's always better to focus on smart working rather than hard working.
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:37:06 PM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
For me working smart is a kind of strtegy that you have a kind of technique that make fastly and unique.And in terms of working hard this kind of aspects will create you more patient to strive hard.

zucknail

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:40:19 PM

working hard without being smart is a waste of effort, you will just be on your work for the rest of your life.

You need to be smart, a smart worker will give importance to his/her job in such a wise and perfect outcome,
always have time with the family and thinking on what is better and what is right to do.

We hunters are being smart here, that is why we are getting better in life.
by working smarter we spend less energy. and there will be more things we can do. and of course this will make our income become larger.
Nylesor

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 01:45:56 PM

Working hard and working smart is both a positive attitude one should have. An individual who works hard will definitely achieve what he/she is aiming for so as the one working smart. But for me the one working smart will achieve more than the one working hard. And the one who works hard and smart will surely go far than the one working smart or the working hard.
Bohxz M4p4gm4h4l25

Activity: 339
Merit: 120

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:04:49 PM

Working smart can save time rather than working hard. Because it's more time saving if you work smart you can able to determine whether it is time to invest or not.

I agree with that, but for me, you cant separate working smart and working hard, working smart is determining whwther a certain strategy will work but the application will fall on working hard for you to achieve the goal, working smart is just for a boss and when you combined the two you can be called a leader who can do the task of his own employee which was missing if you are a boss.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:23:49 PM

Yes that’s true, but sometimes you have to work hard to achieve some things. What I’m trying to say is that despite it is very important to think smart, you might come up with some ideas that requires you to work really hard before you can accomplish them. You don’t just think smart and relax, waiting for you ideas to put themselves into work and put food on your table, nah, that’s never gonna happen. You will need to work for your ideas. Well, working smart.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:35:20 PM

Being intelligent will be a good news signaler for future. In addition, intelligent processing will be beneficial to ourselves in certain business divisions and will not cause us to stay away from tiring jobs. If it is too much, too heavy and too much to handle, we will not be able to go further than an activity that will wear us down and will not be a journalist in a good career. When the two shapes are combined, it is difficult to predict the consequences of the right strategy.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:00:01 PM

IMO, working smart doesn't work all the time. It will still vary depending on your situation. Most of the times, working smart really pays-off your cause but in some cases working hard is much better than working smart. For example. let's say at work, you are assigned to work on a presentation where you must make it as good and as informative as possible. You work smark in a way that you ask your workmate to help you with the presentation and asked him/her for some ideas about but both your ideas don't match up with one another and in the end, you end up working longer for that presentation as what it supposed it should be. On the contrary, if you work hard for it in the beginning and thought well as to how you can make your presentation meets the requirements, you'll definitely have a concrete idea and finished it at a shorter time.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:05:16 PM

Yes that’s true, but sometimes you have to work hard to achieve some things. What I’m trying to say is that despite it is very important to think smart, you might come up with some ideas that requires you to work really hard before you can accomplish them. You don’t just think smart and relax, waiting for you ideas to put themselves into work and put food on your table, nah, that’s never gonna happen. You will need to work for your ideas. Well, working smart.

Well, in the OP's standpoint, I think what he means in working smart is that you will find ways to make your work easier than what it supposed it should be. I mean, you will do things that will benefit you in the process and remove any hard task along the way. You will still work but with a strategic plan to make it simple as possible.
Hell-raiser (OP)

Merit: 515

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:07:03 PM

Because I'm observing every employees that I'm seeing, for example is on the fast food chain, small boutique and so on, I could say that it is tiring and there is no single day that they are not working hard yet their salary is not enough for their everyday needs.

That's a good example but not so much about working hard as about working dumb, which is kind of markedly worse. Everyone knows that working at McDonalds should be considered only a temporary or side job, for example, when you are a student and don't have rich parents ready to shell out on your education. No matter how hard you work there, you won't get anything above the minimum people are earning at the place on average.
franzkie345

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:08:06 AM

For me it is a very nice blend because both are in dire need for success, have one thing in common that is closely related. I think the good view you see from the positive side.

Being smart and being hardworking because those are positive attributes of a person. Working smart means you can come up with a better and new ideas that you will be working hard.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: