Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:40:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Working smart vs working hard - an ultimate guide  (Read 1953 times)
Hell-raiser (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:08:12 AM

Let me give an insight or my point of view. Since I am also working and can relate to this topic with the thing what you called "work smart" and "work hard", I can say that these categories can be group as to how productive and efficient one person can be in a given environment or workplace. The difference is that to work smarter is do task or chores in a very efficient way and probably ended up with great results without you exerting to much effort(it does not mean that giving less effort gives a worse outcome since you are doing it in a very effective way possible). As to work hard stance, you are doing what things that are designated to you in a normal way and it means that you are not thinking of a better way to improve it(probably because you are focus on just finishing the task and not thinking of an efficient way to complete it).

I wouldn't call that insight. This is what most people instinctively think and reply when asked to tell the difference between working hard and working smart. Most likely you will hear that working smart is doing the same thing you always do but in a more efficient manner, which means spending less resources, time and effort on it. Somehow, I'm not quite happy and satisfied with this definition as it lacks insight, yeah. In fact, working smart in this context is not actually about working at all. It is more about acting smart or being smart in real life as opposed to just hired labor.

When by working smart we really mean working (doing some tasks as an employee), it feels like we throw the baby out with the bathwater and leave the most important part of "working smart" (which, as I said, is more about acting smart) out of consideration completely.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illnino

Activity: 756
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:34:41 PM

Working smart and working hard were two perspectives to make thyself wealthy. Some has the ability to be smart and make the best in a short time. While the user who has the ability to work hard but doesn't have the smart attitude takes more time to attain the same wealth that the smart working personality earned in a short time period.

Well, if you start working hard and do it with all of your passion and love for the cryptocurrency, soon you will manage to work smart. You'll work out your strategies.
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:49:04 PM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you,
So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
In my opinion, working smart is creating the environment where you can work less and earn more.
The ideal dream of many people is being a boss and giving instructions to their subordinates without having to do the work itself.
In successful businesses their bosses need to have the clear idea of how it all works and that's quite impossible without knowing the business processes.

Ulticon

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:55:05 PM

I do not disagree with what you have said in your post and it is pretty informative.
Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 10:45:21 PM

In my opinion in the beginning, it's the combination of both then the transition of working hard to working smart is slowly being done. Have sometime to watch this video about two friends who manage their way to success. It's a story of working hard and working smart. Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7lVrPd6fg8
melekseverce

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:03:31 PM

As far as working smart is better than working hard there are some instances that need working hard. The world record brokers always marry working hard with working smart.
Tang lancip

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:10:53 PM

Being smart is about making smart choices. Its about making the right decision, the right step or the right choice. Smart people move up the ladder real fast. They also are the ones that have great cars, lot of money, and everything else the rest of us desire.

One should be smart enough to know where to do the hard work in order to achieve the success or the desired goal. If everywhere you keep working hard and not getting results means their is some flaw in the system or in our self and we need to know that so exactly we can focus on our work and work hardly to achieve it.

Yes, I support this view. You should be smart to realize that you are basically wasting your time, not receiving what you consider worth the effort applied. It seems to be a prerequisite for changing your approach or attitude toward your work. But in this thread it is kinda assumed, meaning we all want more for less. With that in mind, I daresay that the fault or deficiency is always inside of us even if working smart requires changing your environment completely, like changing your job. In other words, we would still need some internal disagreement or dissatisfaction with the status quo, while the lack of this dissatisfaction, or not enough of it, is that deficiency in this particular case.
All your topics and posts are great for insights and knowledge as a reference to how we succeed in working.
Colt81

Activity: 630
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:27:43 PM

This is a sequel to this thread. If you are interested only in the fat of the thread and the cream of the theme, look no further than this and the second post here.

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

So share your opinions here, guys. What is your practical take on working smart?
Actually, you do even have a point because working just hard will just make you tired of what you are doing and you will notice small progress or not at all. So I agree that it will be better or even best to work on the smart way because being smart on working can give you a lot of opportunity to succeed in life. But what is the real essence of this and the conclusion I have got from this, the key to success is not just all about hard work but also about how will you be smart on working to hit a certain goal which can be achieved if you work hard on the smart way as possible.
agimat

Activity: 115

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:01:04 AM

Working smart can save time rather than working hard. Because it's more time saving if you work smart you can able to determine whether it is time to invest or not.

All i can say is that it really depend on of what your job is, if your a laborer or a garbage man i think working hard is applicable in your tour of duty maybe less in working smart or in working strategy.
jayar_cabaltera17

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:31:22 AM

Working smart is better than working hard why ? Because in my opinion you could notice what is wrong and what is right. Unlike working hard you already working and working and then you couldn't notice your actions will be going wrong. And last not all working hard workers are not yet succeed.
Apes

Activity: 1316
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:12:24 AM

I think if both are done it will get better and faster to achieve what they want .. because having intelligence also takes hard work by strategizing and running it with hard work and intelligence is not always silent and sitting relaxed, intelligence also requires hard work and clever minds for what has been made is achieved .. so I think both are more perfect if both go together ..
jasramos

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:31:32 AM

Many people say that you should work hard if you want to succeed in life and rise to riches. I'd rather say that working hard will only make your boss richer, not yourself. On the other hand, there is an age-old adage which says that you should be working smarter, not harder. But working smarter is a vague idea, and I'm interested to hear what people have to say on this topic. As far as I'm concerned, I think that working smart comes down to creating environment where you will have more chances to meet Lady Luck smiling at you, where you will be able to hit a lucky strike because luck plays an ever-important role in our lives. For example, if you want to find a date to have a romantic relationship with or you are looking for a one-night stand only, you will go to a beach or a bar since your chances are higher there, right? The same approach seems to be applicable to work as well. In other words, stick around the places where your chances of success are the highest.

Spend a few years working really hard and use your weekends to work on your passion. Learn to manage your time like a pro. Don't work, work for freedom.
Hell-raiser (OP)

Merit: 515

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:41:26 AM

Between working hard and working smart; I will tell you that working smart is the best and it really pays. But most people don't know about this or don't believe in that ideology. They believe working day and night, leaving the office at late hour after everyone is gone is the way wealth. All that is just nothing but stress activators. When you do things the smart way; you stay healthy to enjoy the fruit of your labor but if the other way, the person might die even before the wealth start coming in.

That's another interesting point worthy of mentioning. I know that I may sound a bit arrogant here but such is life. We are able to work smart because someone else has chosen (or been chosen) to work hard. If people honestly believe that working all day long and leaving the office at late hour (and also working at weekends, why not, really) is good, such is their choice. Or rather someone else's (that would be their boss in this case) who was smart enough to successfully make them believe that they are doing the right thing for themselves, while, in reality, they are doing the right thing for their boss. This is a nice and revealing example how smart work differs from hard work.

It could be generalized in the following way. As much as you are aware of the circumstances, you work for yourself (circumstances work for you). On the flip side, as much as you are unaware of the circumstances, you work for someone else (circumstances work you). The evident conclusion is that working smart is working for yourself (in general terms), even if you are a typical office rat.

JRDuran

Activity: 145

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:45:27 AM

Working hard and working smart can't be separated if a person aim success in his/her career. The combination of this this two things provide assurance for victory of your work.
gurang

Activity: 350
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:50:24 AM

most people say it's important to be work hard the more we need to work smart so that if you are a business you can handle it or overcome by having knowledge but you also need to work hard
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 09:57:53 AM

We should be smart and wise in order to succeed in our life.
I have seen so many people who are working hard but still couldn’t afford to buy or own a house.

Athenakim.22

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:16:14 AM

In my opinion we need to be smart in every decision on our life. Like for example in choosing a job, then once you already decided on the job that you have,  you should work harder for the benefits of being promoted or have an incentives.
GamerPapaRoach5

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

The points are very interesting and here I  am collecting interesting ideas.
jorgelugra

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:16:52 AM

I agree that working hard is the best way to achieve a goal. Only being ambitious and hard-working a person can reach the goal and be successful. There are a lot of guides on the Internet that are designed to help you in achieving your goal quickly and effectively
Pumapipa

Merit: 100

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:08:40 PM

Working hard is what most of us do. But sometimes, working hard is never enough I order to succeed or earn much money. In contrast, working smart in my opinion is working in line with your ability but without consuming much effort our sacrificing your whole life into it.
In analogy:
Working hard: Working in an office cubicle on a 9 to 5 job. Being paid with minimum salary.
Working smart: posting here in bitcoin forum.
I hope my simple analogy helps.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: