Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:07:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I don't care about the price now. Nobody knows how much my portfolio is worth  (Read 1016 times)
lienfaye

Activity: 2926
Merit: 629

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:58:06 AM

Im a long term hodler as well but sometimes I cant refrain myself to stop looking in the current value of the coins I hold, just curious whats the present situation of the market.

Your belief in the technology/coins you hold is the opposite of those weak investors who cant stand seeing the price in dips, I think they dont really understand the nature of cryptos that's why its easy for them to be carried away in FUD that comes from unreliable sources.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:12:01 AM

I don't even look at the price anymore. Just looked today after a few days... Eth is now being negotiated at 480. LOL

Nobody knows how much my portfolio is worth. I will hold for a few years. I am not going to sell now, even if it were 10x more than it is now, so why would I care for the price now?

I really believe in the technology, I really like it, I am even studying it. I am not worried.

Yes, that is a good principle for people who play longterm. It is highly recommended but you should get additional work if your capital is fully in Ethereum coin.
Ethereum is not just an altcoin, its technology is needed by ico developers and is currently very successful.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 04:49:14 PM

... I will hold for a few years ...

My thoughts are similar to yours. My investments in criptos are for long term, at least 5 years.
I didn't sell even on the high we had on December.
I'm not saying it's the best strategy, but as I invested only money that I will not use or need, I'll keep my strategy.
That is the right thing to do to just keep calm and just keep what you have right now, everyone of us will finally change our life if we will just continue to hold it and have it for a long time, so it is a perfect strategy to have at least save and hold coins that has the potential to grow.
Just be on yourself only for what are may real happen or what are the present situation of your portfolio just do your best on making money.
Well, it is either you are a trade benefitting from the fluctuations to increase your position in any market you are holding or you are simply a holder and you really do not care whatever goes on in the market. Just like the OP have stated, worrying about the little fluctuations in the market as an investor will divert your attention away from the bigger picture which I believe every investor should be focused on.

Early last year, we all know what the value of bitcoin and Ethereum was, and is that not just enough for anyone to know what the future may be holding ?
berfanaf

Activity: 116
Merit: 2

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:45:07 AM

Well, it’s really good to see someone that believes in this technology and not minding what price it is being negotiated at. By the way, you never mentioned whether your portfolio is high on profit or low with loss. I will advise you to better focus more on what you’re achieving, I know that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies has a good potential, but that shouldn’t make you to be less focused on what you are making, cause loss is never a good thing in any business. If all these businesses you see out there do not care about their income they wouldn’t still be around by now, they will all just fold once and for all.

▰▰   IMPRESSIO.io   ▰▰   THE FUTURE OF INVESTING   ▰▰
✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ And More...
plescruslo

Activity: 81
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:45:38 AM

Your thread sounds like you really do care about the price because if you did not, you would not have posted this thread telling us you no longer check the price. I check the price everyday and I am not worried about it because I believe in bitcoin. It has just become a habit. And yes, you should continue to hold and never lose patience because the latter is the only one that will gain you profit. Good luck, mate!
Yep, checking the price of Bitcoin and other cryptosis a habit anyone that is involved in this business can’t avoid. Even if he doesn’t care about the price of Bitcoin and altcoins, that doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be checking the price maybe on a daily basis to know what it is sold at. This is what we all call HODL , you neglect the price and what people say about it and still hold till the price goes up. It’s a normal thing and most of us does it whenever the price is going down. I do it too. So he does check the price.
mimienamphine

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:53:29 AM

Yes that is very true.The prices now cannot determine how rich you will soon be.If you have some coin just hold on for small time and the market will fully recover and you shall sore higher to the top.The low prices now is just the test of the faith of those who really believe in the coins they are holding or not.

fiomcorka

Activity: 496
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:00:34 AM

I don't even look at the price anymore. Just looked today after a few days... Eth is now being negotiated at 480. LOL

Nobody knows how much my portfolio is worth. I will hold for a few years. I am not going to sell now, even if it were 10x more than it is now, so why would I care for the price now?

I really believe in the technology, I really like it, I am even studying it. I am not worried.

I guest you are holding etherium when the price is still at below 100$ it seems like you have a very good spirit there. Well, that was your decision and we realy apreciate that one. But if for me i will take my capital and try to invest in some a good potencial coins too in the market.
That is all about investing in good coins. We have to do a comprehensive and extensive search in this case that which coin is suitable for us. Like we all know about bitcoins that they are amazing coins and they can be best for almost everyone belong to every domain and nation of the world. But still, you must be doing research and start resonating this coin with your needs and goals.
max fray

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:29:33 PM

That's a good strategy, I only wish that everybody could be so calm and confident in the BTC future.
I'm really tired of all those panicers that say BTC "will drop to $2,000 the very next month, this info is reliable, bla-bla-bla".
But what we can see now - is a constant rise of BTC (it has already reached $9,500).

rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:39:15 PM

your believer of new technology i agree with you nothing to worries about it because every now and then the new technology continue to increase their system update.

long term holding of any kind of altcoins are very profitable but i disagree on the principle do you have not looking or monitoring of your portfolio im not believe in you monitoring of invest is very important not to worrying about the price goes dump need to check because need to secure your investment either lose it because the hacker still there around.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:52:15 PM

your believer of new technology i agree with you nothing to worries about it because every now and then the new technology continue to increase their system update.

long term holding of any kind of altcoins are very profitable but i disagree on the principle do you have not looking or monitoring of your portfolio im not believe in you monitoring of invest is very important not to worrying about the price goes dump need to check because need to secure your investment either lose it because the hacker still there around.
If someone has a good earnings of moneys they don't care about the prices even it will regulates higher rate but if other person don't have any source of income they trade time to time because they used for expenses daily for their family needs and wants, so it depends also about our status in life.
KesoNie
Copper Member

Activity: 672
Merit: 270

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:05:46 PM

I do not even check what the bitcoin or altcoin price because the market price of cryptos doesn't matter to me.  The reason is because what matter most is its price in the future.  I planned to keep my bitcoins and altcoin for a long period of time.
I couldn't help myself to check the price of bitcoin or altcoin because I also wanted to have an idea to the current value of the coin I hodl. But if I saw it in a dump state I just sit back and relax because I cannot do anything to change the value. So at the moment I choose to hodl my coin because I am waiting to the next pump.
LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 01:24:32 PM

This is the mindset that most crypto holders must have especially when the price is going down. Lets just hold to our coins that we holding now and instead of panicking, why don't we just buy more and more and wait for our profits to come.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:15:52 PM

That's also a good decisions by not looking the price for the meantime. Everytime I looked into the price I had the attempt to sell, but the market these days are not good. I just hold mine for the reason's price may climb at any moment.

To not look at the price of bitcoin is not going to bring you more tranquility, if you're like many people here you'll visit the forum every day, and when people begin to talk about what is happening with the price you will get curious, so not looking at the price it is not going to protect you from finding out whether the price is going up or down, what is going to protect you is your confidence in bitcoin.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Eva_me

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:29:41 PM

Perfect solution! I started my journey in October 2017. Therefore, the events of winter and spring did not worry me much. I am calm, I believe in the crypto currency, but I also intend to make money. Therefore, the moment will come when I will sell and buy.

It's another matter, there are people (and among my friends) who came in December and January. I know these people are very worried. They find it difficult to just sit and not look at prices. And I'm sorry for them ...
elimi

Activity: 255
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:09:39 AM

That's also a good decisions by not looking the price for the meantime. Everytime I looked into the price I had the attempt to sell, but the market these days are not good. I just hold mine for the reason's price may climb at any moment.

With the existing capital, I think select a coin with a low price (like Doge) because you will get more coins and if there is a price increase that is not too high you can sell it and you will get a big profit.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:18:31 AM

Statements like this can be said for people who have or choose a long-term investment. They simply assume and believe that cryptocurrency is the technology that will be used by people in the future. So they do not care about any price movement just focus on something that will happen in the future. It's not wrong, everyone have the right to have such statements and have a clear basis. Take a look at price changes every year and always go up every year.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:13:21 AM

Yes that is very true.The prices now cannot determine how rich you will soon be.If you have some coin just hold on for small time and the market will fully recover and you shall sore higher to the top.The low prices now is just the test of the faith of those who really believe in the coins they are holding or not.
All the coins are unpredictable. There is no source of information that what would be the impact of bitcoins on market in coming few days or months or years or even the upcoming moment. So don’t just get worried. Bitcoins are superb coin and they are stunningly making a great performance. So don’t just lose your heart and continue holding because that would be you making big rich.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:56:21 AM

If I want to become productive, I would stop looking at the prices. I just realized that if I keep looking at the prices every few minutes to an hour or so, I would lose some minutes that should make me productive. I usually stay focused on what I have been doing and not looking at the prices during my work.

In that way, we will be having the right mindset and perspective in cryptocurrency.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:07:45 AM

If someone invests an amount that they don't care if they lose it completely than I don't see why they should care about the short term price and just focus on the longer term. The way to earn higher returns in crypto markets is only through hodling and anyone trying to time the market is going to end up losing in the end.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:36:06 AM

You're very positive investor here, so you don't worried about your inviestment. If you fell that it's right decision you can only hold your investments
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: