Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:06:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs.  (Read 3248 times)
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:11:21 PM

Turn on your miners back on, prices are rising again. We're going to the moon!!! Grin

Don't think so. Smiley

Locals are getting scared...
https://www.hln.be/geld/economie/bitcoin-blijft-crashen-en-stevent-af-op-beruchte-kruis-des-doods~a305ed61/
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ultegra134

Activity: 1540
Merit: 744

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:16:12 PM

For a 180mh/s 6 gpu mining rig, the actual profit is around 60$ per month (considering electricity costs).

Mining is dead at current prices. 

Also turned off mine after receiving the last payout from Nicehash. It was almost unprofitable running a whole noisy mining rig. It's a shame that mining appeared very promising in late 2017 to early 2018. Will definitely try again in the next month to see if anything has changed till then.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:41:16 PM

posts like this make metroid have wet dreams of gpus unplugged.
retard75

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:15:49 PM

Turn your miners back on, prices are rising again. We're going to the moon!!! Grin

Capital mood swings FTW!  Cheesy

posts like this make metroid have wet dreams of gpus unplugged.

"Hehe."
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1611

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 02:43:08 AM

In fact the total marketcap of all coins is no different than it was just 4 months ago.

But there will no new bull run for a long time.

Those people that entered the market in December/January looking at losses up to 80%.
Played to death by P&D teams. Traumatized, sitting in the basement with a double-barrel shotgung
into the mouth. Potential new investors are aware of these destroyed lifes. Cry

We have to wait for the next generation of "Greatest Fools" in the Greater-Fool-Theory. Undecided
Could take up to 2 years.

Additionally, the banks declared war on decentralized cryptocurrencies. And the banks always win.
Crypto was a funny laughable thing until December. But then it became threat. Maybe they will let it
go as soon BTC hits triple digits.

You must be demented/delusional, really, 96% of people don't mine for 10 cents of dollars per gpu rx 580 per day. Check the calculation cause i dont want to waste time telling the reality to your troll mind not to mention for you to break even will take 3500 days. Only lunatics, trolls, idiots will say mining is profitable now.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.3&hcost=440.0&commit=Calculate

Hehe.

Some amazing answers in this thread. Next to the pussy magnet factor Smiley, Vann gave a great analysis, and you "retard75" raise some interesting objections, but your ideological assumptions about how financial activity and the modern world function are completely fallacious.

Banks don't always win, many banks have and will go bankrupt. In fact it could be argued that the 2007-8 crisis was the beginning of the end for the existing fiat financial system, where a critically high number of people saw how governments and central banks print unlimited money out of thin air to protect their vested interests and the big capital owners at the expense of letting the vast majority of their constituency suffer unfairly (not to mention the rest of the world having to pay for exponential bets made by the US financial system through the devaluation of their currencies). This is one of the biggest reasons why Crypto Currencies appeared in the first place, to give intellectual individuals the right to win their freedom against institutions and governments that have sinister agendas.

Enough talented and resourceful people are awoken to the realities of the "politically correct" Post Cold War world now that they would rather start a World War 3 than let corrupt police states and their instruments (central banks, fiat money, law enforcement, etc.) continue to oppress the human will to sovereignty and freedom.

xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:02:20 AM

During the every price correction, we can hear: "GPU mining is dead."
It is not extra profitable at the moment, but still profitable. After the market recovery We will have another story.
Business as usual... Wink

There won't be a recovery it's over the investors are gone

Looks like they just come back today and pushed the btc price up a little bit Smiley Grin

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 03:05:47 AM

For a 180mh/s 6 gpu mining rig, the actual profit is around 60$ per month (considering electricity costs).

Its not dead for everyone,
Im not sure how much $ are you paying / KWH , and what are you mining

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
noctrex

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:04:55 AM

I take on a more casual mining approach, I use just my 2 existing older cards, HD 7870, for mining various CryptoNote coins.
Electricity here in Greece is a little cheaper, on my current power plan its 0,077€/kWh at day, and 0,066€/kWh at night, so if I keep my PC running 24/7 for mining, it's about 10€ of electricity per month.
Even with low crypto prices I mine about 1€ per day so the electricity from the PC pays itself after 10 or so days.
But I think that the best strategy IMHO is to hodl. Keep mining and let those wallets fatten up Smiley
Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:39:23 AM

with 314.7mh/s considering electricity costs (not even counting taxes to be applied in the future) , getting just 150$ dollars profit per month. 121€ in my country Spain (considering current value € --> $)

Let's clarify somethings here.

- No, there isn't a bull run. Don't let people mislead you.
- No, it's not profitable
- No, you will not ROI in years at current prices. Moreover if you bought it in the bubble.
- No, it's not worth the effort and headaches to keep it working
- No, don't believe in blind faith guys. Stick to reality. Watch the news, watch the market, analyse technical data and consider the high risk of mining and crypto in general.
- No, the market is not recovering. And it will not do it.
- No, the market has no good news to recover from the fall. has lost 60% capitalization of the hole cryptomarket and others like ETH has lost nearly 70% of value.
- No, regulations, taxes and the end of the anonymity proposed by many countries will not help either.
- No, your coins, and other users coins are insignificant compared to big whales. They are not in for technology. They don't care about that. They are in for profit , instant profit.

If investors, big ones, would believe in this cryptoworld, why are we not seeing huge amounts of big contracts to use it? Cryptocurrencies and their technical projects have been there for years. Why is it so that NOW, just NOW, we are seeing this? Is it because noone knew about this (which would probe developpers didn't do their job attracting money), or is it because now you can get profit trading Huh

can you tell me a single company that could survive losing 50% of it's value?? do you guys know the meaning of TRUST??? very few people here say they've made profit. Most of them did it in December, but greed was greater than intellectual preparation, and they hold. Now they are in big losses.

BTW, my rigs are staying off. F. Off crypto.  

BTW (2) - ETH will enter PoS in just 4 months at current mining rates.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
pickleburglar

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:34:10 PM

€0.07/kWh here, not giving a fuck and buying up the recent flood of cheap mining rigs  Grin
Yutard

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:48:10 PM

€0.07/kWh here, not giving a fuck and buying up the recent flood of cheap mining rigs  Grin

You can still make profit after the coin price drop 50%.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:39:19 PM

with 314.7mh/s considering electricity costs (not even counting taxes to be applied in the future) , getting just 150$ dollars profit per month. 121€ in my country Spain (considering current value € --> $)

- No, you will not ROI in years at current prices. Moreover if you bought it in the bubble.
- No, don't believe in blind faith guys. Stick to reality. Watch the news, watch the market, analyse technical data and consider the high risk of mining and crypto in general.
- No, the market has no good news to recover from the fall. has lost 60% capitalization of the hole cryptomarket and others like ETH has lost nearly 70% of value.
- No, regulations, taxes and the end of the anonymity proposed by many countries will not help either.
- No, your coins, and other users coins are insignificant compared to big whales. They are not in for technology. They don't care about that. They are in for profit , instant profit.

If investors, big ones, would believe in this cryptoworld, why are we not seeing huge amounts of big contracts to use it? Cryptocurrencies and their technical projects have been there for years. Why is it so that NOW, just NOW, we are seeing this? Is it because noone knew about this (which would probe developpers didn't do their job attracting money), or is it because now you can get profit trading Huh

I would give you all my merit if I had merit to give. You are so right. I have thesame opinion. My rig is also offline.

€ 121 euro is not worth it. I can't believe that people say 121 is worth it.
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 08:50:15 PM

that mean you have to check your power prices better =)

best way to get power for free TongueTongue Tongue Tongue

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1709

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:15:48 PM

I've been around since 2014.

Back then a R9 280X made like $20/day during Nov/Dec 2013.

6 months later or so it pulled in maybe 25 cents a day. Even though it was still profitable a little, Most just made a Craigslist ad/eBay listing and if it sold, they powered it off and just took the GPU sales money.

Reason being that it's not worth risking the GPUs, PSUs, your house from starting a fire over 25 cents. So if someone offers you $250 for the GPUs it's better off just being sold.

I don't remember the exact details but a r9 280x gamers paid about $200-$250 for them back then so getting 1000 day ROI instantly was a better option.

The people who didn't sell their GPUs they just turned them off and waited until it became profitable again which happened about 2 years later in Feb 2016.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 11:39:44 PM

can you tell me a single company that could survive losing 50% of it's value?? do you guys know the meaning of TRUST??? very few people here say they've made profit. Most of them did it in December, but greed was greater than intellectual preparation, and they hold. Now they are in big losses.

Wow, so much negative here lol
If you really think cryptos are dead, please leave this forum and cryptos
I'll watch you number of posts, if you don't leave you are just a desperate guy

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:41:45 AM

You half sacked fools are idiots for paying electric with crypto. Prices will bounce guys.
JcJet

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:58:26 AM

Proffitable mining it isn't a continuous process. In a begining, it was a hobby, which people were doing for fun, with their idling computing power, there was(and is) various boinc projects too. Fortunately for them, the market flied to the moon and their hobby was unexpectedly well rewarded. Well, for some of them it was a planned result. It was a price for having an interesting hobby not being a easy money chaser.
But for now, this market changes. Even the most stupid people are mining now. I'm sorry, it's rude, but just look at those faces on youtube. If it ever going to repeat (ehich is not likely because history doesn't repeat on market, sometimes it's just remind of itself in some form of a bad joke), these gamblers must be ejected so hard that they won't ever look at cryptos ever again even if it'll be bullish again. When mining won't be proffitable (at all) and people will do it just a hobby (for real), then maybe we'll have something healhy.
It still need to cool down. Some of the heat was dropped already, but it's still very hot, people still hoping for a moon, and many of them still buy videocards massively no matter what.
But probably there will be nothing drastic and mining will have some proffit with the help of brain and some cost optimization.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:45:28 PM

150$ dollars profit per month.

- No, you will not ROI in years at current prices.

Stick to reality. Watch the news

They are not in for technology. They don't care about that. They are in for profit , instant profit.

If investors, big ones, would believe in this cryptoworld, why are we not seeing huge amounts of big contracts to use it?

can you tell me a single company that could survive losing 50% of it's value??

*Yawn* you are exactly the type of person that we don't care whether or not you stick around. We are better off without ignorant and naive people that believe their opinion holds any weight, especially considering you probably just got involved with Bitcoin when the price hit $15,000+. You probably heard it was a good investment and now you're throwing a fit, because it is not constantly going up in price.

You said you make $150 profit a month, after considering electricity and then you say that it is not profitable. Those two statements contradict eachother, it is one or the other. A single 1080ti makes more than $150 a month, and ROIs in a couple of month even at current profitability/prices.

"Stick to reality. Watch the news", another contradictory pair of statements. You will either Stick to reality, or watch/rely on the news, but you cannot do both. The news is consistently misleading and intentionally so. If you truly believe the market will never recover then you are a fool beyond your years. Please, keep your rigs off, because we don't want you involved. Look at Bitcoin long-term and stop crying because you bought-in at the ATH. Bitcoin was a couple of dollars a few years ago, and you're exiting because it's down from $20,000. Good riddance. Please don't come back when Bitcoin reaches a new ATH. The investors that are not interested in innovative technology are useless as well; money without purpose is of no benefit. You ask why crypto hasn't been implemented yet if there is so much promise, the answer is volatility in price (caused by fools like yourself), and the difficulty of changing all of their current system. There will need to be pioneers, as with anything. You are clearly not going to be one of them.
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:24:56 PM

You're right mining is dead.
Please sell me your rigs
Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:25:15 PM

i don't usually debate o iniciate a debate with morons with no argument to support what they are saying. but i´ll answer anyway.

Numbers for me are clear. ROI for me is more than two years and all of my cards were bought at very low prices. I bought them for half of the actual price. So i'm by no means a guy that jumped in for the hype at all costs. It got me 4 months to get my 10 cards, because i did not want to expend that much on this shitty business.

Someone said : Sell me your rigs. sorry, customs and price of shipping would ruin part of my profit. I prefer to sell them in Spain.

it's insteresting, because you know what? as prices go down, more miners run to ETH. We are currently at 249.000Gh/s. That tells me something. Even the most informed ones, know NOW that those coins that were farming are not giving any profit, that's why they switch to ETH when market is down.

Profit is a word that depends a lot on your view. For me 121€ is not worth the heat it generates, the headhaches you get, the hours monitoring, the attention it needs, and the danger if something burns. Maybe you like risks. Maybe you need them.

someone also said: don't come back when BTC hits ATH. Can you please tell me the argument, the idea, the data, the technical analysis and the news that you have to say that??? Nothing?? that's the type of bullshit i'm just fighting against. People telling you to believe in something just because they believe it.

To assume that everyone has a 1080ti to mine what?? ZEC?? VRT,SPD? JLG? GRLC? Even LUX??? 5$ per day per card??? only Lyra2ver2 right?? yes, because you need really shitty coins that noone mines to take your profit. That's smart of you . So you may have to convert them to BTC right? Yes, don't answer. You are a non convential miner. You are those that mine day per day or even a week, and trade inmediately for BTC. So you are actually using alt-coins to profit not to technology, because if that was your point, why do you sell it???

so you are telling me about technology and changing the world, but you use altcoins to get more BTC not supporting those alts technology. Nice of you!!!
He said, in a rather rude way, that you are changing the system. Are you so ignorant to believe that governments and banks are gonna allow you to change the world with crypto??? Maybe yes in a technological way, but not economicaly talking. They will NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT.

He also said that crypto needs pioneers to run in front. Normally , those that run infront, are those that die the first. If that's what you want, take my blessing.

It would be nice to debate data, technical analysis instead of beliefs and thoughts. But this forum is full of crypto-radicals that are so blind that they cannot acknowledge reality.

as i already knew, you cannot change up my mind, because you have no clue of what's happening, you have no clue of when this will recover (or if it will eventually), and now, just now, your 1080 ti are taking the lead because of an algo that allows you to make more money per month than those AMD owners that , by now, should stick to ETH.

So.......you are telling me that mining is profitable. but you have to have a 1080ti. Also, you have to mine shitty coins. You also need to take a trader to trade it to BTC before it loses it's value or even disappears from your trader.

AMD owners have no option but to stay in the ETH algorithm, which is the one that is being crashed to hell at the moment.

talking about FUD actually needs and deserves a comment. Because it's the cotton proof. The more radical you are in defending cryptos, the more FUD you see alround. i see a lot of bad news, no FUD. i even see good news, but no changes. Market goes down and today. Today we are at prices of December 2017. So three months have gone to hell.

someone also said you don't want people like me here. Well, i don't like people like you here also, because you cant argument anything. Just hooligans of the crypto. And that shows me something. In my life i've seen that normally those who defend to the limit something, is because they live with that. I don't need crypto, that's why i say what i say. Maybe you need crypto to work because it's your only income.

And obviously, you don't want people talking about things. You need sheeps to continue buying coins and being shut up. I will continue telling people not to enter in crypto. They´ll only lose money.

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: