Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs.  (Read 3248 times)
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 06:55:52 PM

i don't usually debate o iniciate a debate with morons with no argument to support what they are saying. but i´ll answer anyway.

Numbers for me are clear. ROI for me is more than two years and all of my cards were bought at very low prices. I bought them for half of the actual price. So i'm by no means a guy that jumped in for the hype at all costs. It got me 4 months to get my 10 cards, because i did not want to expend that much on this shitty business.

Someone said : Sell me your rigs. sorry, customs and price of shipping would ruin part of my profit. I prefer to sell them in Spain.

it's insteresting, because you know what? as prices go down, more miners run to ETH. We are currently at 249.000Gh/s. That tells me something. Even the most informed ones, know NOW that those coins that were farming are not giving any profit, that's why they switch to ETH when market is down.

Profit is a word that depends a lot on your view. For me 121€ is not worth the heat it generates, the headhaches you get, the hours monitoring, the attention it needs, and the danger if something burns. Maybe you like risks. Maybe you need them.

someone also said: don't come back when BTC hits ATH. Can you please tell me the argument, the idea, the data, the technical analysis and the news that you have to say that??? Nothing?? that's the type of bullshit i'm just fighting against. People telling you to believe in something just because they believe it.

To assume that everyone has a 1080ti to mine what?? ZEC?? VRT,SPD? JLG? GRLC? Even LUX??? 5$ per day per card??? only Lyra2ver2 right?? yes, because you need really shitty coins that noone mines to take your profit. That's smart of you . So you may have to convert them to BTC right? Yes, don't answer. You are a non convential miner. You are those that mine day per day or even a week, and trade inmediately for BTC. So you are actually using alt-coins to profit not to technology, because if that was your point, why do you sell it???

so you are telling me about technology and changing the world, but you use altcoins to get more BTC not supporting those alts technology. Nice of you!!!
He said, in a rather rude way, that you are changing the system. Are you so ignorant to believe that governments and banks are gonna allow you to change the world with crypto??? Maybe yes in a technological way, but not economicaly talking. They will NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO THAT.

He also said that crypto needs pioneers to run in front. Normally , those that run infront, are those that die the first. If that's what you want, take my blessing.

It would be nice to debate data, technical analysis instead of beliefs and thoughts. But this forum is full of crypto-radicals that are so blind that they cannot acknowledge reality.

as i already knew, you cannot change up my mind, because you have no clue of what's happening, you have no clue of when this will recover (or if it will eventually), and now, just now, your 1080 ti are taking the lead because of an algo that allows you to make more money per month than those AMD owners that , by now, should stick to ETH.

So.......you are telling me that mining is profitable. but you have to have a 1080ti. Also, you have to mine shitty coins. You also need to take a trader to trade it to BTC before it loses it's value or even disappears from your trader.

AMD owners have no option but to stay in the ETH algorithm, which is the one that is being crashed to hell at the moment.

talking about FUD actually needs and deserves a comment. Because it's the cotton proof. The more radical you are in defending cryptos, the more FUD you see alround. i see a lot of bad news, no FUD. i even see good news, but no changes. Market goes down and today. Today we are at prices of December 2017. So three months have gone to hell.

someone also said you don't want people like me here. Well, i don't like people like you here also, because you cant argument anything. Just hooligans of the crypto. And that shows me something. In my life i've seen that normally those who defend to the limit something, is because they live with that. I don't need crypto, that's why i say what i say. Maybe you need crypto to work because it's your only income.

And obviously, you don't want people talking about things. You need sheeps to continue buying coins and being shut up. I will continue telling people not to enter in crypto. They´ll only lose money.

Wow lol
Man, don't worry about other people, just leave cryptos and be cool, you don't have to convince anyone

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:06:50 PM

There's 2 types of miners.. the ROI addict and the other one.. let's call him the speculative miner.
You're type 1 and that's fine.. but no one has the ultimate answer

You can calculate the profit of your mining rig every hours, days, months or even years. So yes you can still make a lot of money from mining right now.. but maybe not if you mine the "most profitable coins of the moment" .. you could try to  research and mine other coins that could makes you rich but you'll have to wait a few months to cash out..

My 2 sats
retard75

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:16:49 PM

So yes you can still make a lot of money from mining right now.. but maybe not if you mine the "most profitable coins of the moment" .. you could try to  research and mine other coins that could makes you rich ...
Hush!  Embarrassed
(And I don't mean that coin.)
xberg

Activity: 159
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:28:44 PM

with 314.7mh/s considering electricity costs (not even counting taxes to be applied in the future) , getting just 150$ dollars profit per month. 121€ in my country Spain (considering current value € --> $)

Let's clarify somethings here.

- No, there isn't a bull run. Don't let people mislead you.
- No, it's not profitable
- No, you will not ROI in years at current prices. Moreover if you bought it in the bubble.
- No, it's not worth the effort and headaches to keep it working
- No, don't believe in blind faith guys. Stick to reality. Watch the news, watch the market, analyse technical data and consider the high risk of mining and crypto in general.
- No, the market is not recovering. And it will not do it.
- No, the market has no good news to recover from the fall. has lost 60% capitalization of the hole cryptomarket and others like ETH has lost nearly 70% of value.
- No, regulations, taxes and the end of the anonymity proposed by many countries will not help either.
- No, your coins, and other users coins are insignificant compared to big whales. They are not in for technology. They don't care about that. They are in for profit , instant profit.

If investors, big ones, would believe in this cryptoworld, why are we not seeing huge amounts of big contracts to use it? Cryptocurrencies and their technical projects have been there for years. Why is it so that NOW, just NOW, we are seeing this? Is it because noone knew about this (which would probe developpers didn't do their job attracting money), or is it because now you can get profit trading Huh

can you tell me a single company that could survive losing 50% of it's value?? do you guys know the meaning of TRUST??? very few people here say they've made profit. Most of them did it in December, but greed was greater than intellectual preparation, and they hold. Now they are in big losses.

BTW, my rigs are staying off. F. Off crypto.  

BTW (2) - ETH will enter PoS in just 4 months at current mining rates.

Good (but of course quite sad) analysis. I tend to agree with most of what's written here.
goodb

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:50:17 PM

Guys , after so many technical search, ROI calculations , comments etc.. I also wanted to turn off my 270 Mh/s baby.. But wife says keep the house warm Smiley  (big radiator is defect) ,so she don't care what the f* ROI , may be this is the way for God saying me something ..But  I am worried even if ETH reaches xxxx €, in summer she wont let me run the rig ... just for relieve the stress here , hope u all smile  Smiley
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:28:27 PM
Merited by antantti (1)

Guys , after so many technical search, ROI calculations , comments etc.. I also wanted to turn off my 270 Mh/s baby.. But wife says keep the house warm Smiley  (big radiator is defect) ,so she don't care what the f* ROI , may be this is the way for God saying me something ..But  I am worried even if ETH reaches xxxx €, in summer she wont let me run the rig ... just for relieve the stress here , hope u all smile  Smiley

Yeah that make sense, using a probably $3k rig to heat your house all the while you are causing wear and tear to those expensive components. A $50 space heater would work just as well, and if you burn it up instead you aren't out 3 grand. If profits are that tight that you need to justify its expense by heating your house to offset the electrical costs, it is time to unplug it and sell the components while they are still worth something.

If you act quick you might be able to sell the components to the next sucker for close to what you paid new, but another month or two of this downturn, you will be lucky to get half or less of what your paid for them.
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:58:08 PM

I'll mine until I can't pay electric bill out of pocket because i'm just holding everything I make.  IMO turning them off is not an option unless you have to sell coins to pay for electric.  Plus I pay 6-7 cents a kw so that helps  Tongue

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
Giorgi.mm

Activity: 22

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:37:20 PM

I live in EU and just paying around $50 electricity for 6 GPU rig 175 mhs
lolchina

Activity: 294
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:46:26 PM

Here is great example for polaris card owners as there are more them then nvidia owners that are mining eth with like most of us do,on this site you can see how the profit is going down and that we migh see the new low when it comes to profit(have in mind that this includes mining before we went on a new bull run)Lowest recorded value: 32 USD on the 10/20/2015. Highest recorded value: 799 USD on the 08/07/2015.This is the data that shows you the profit if you have 1gh/s and profit keeps going dow/from yesterday 38.435 USA$ so unless you have free power or close to it soon you will mine with daily loss
https://www.etherchain.org/charts/miningRevenue
allferas

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:23:15 AM

god bless solar power  Grin Definitely i`m buying more gpus when everybody sell for sure, happy times for me Grin
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:06:39 AM

if you are in here for some time you will know for sure that everytime prices went down and mining diff went up you will see a lot of topics about how gpu mining is dead and isn't profitable anymore but that's of course if you are a short term miner and you are cashing your mining profits on a daily or a monthly basis but if you are in for the long term then it won't matter at all that for sure applies for the people who has a cheap cost for their mining not everyone is paying very much for electricity
ryt3n

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:00:15 AM

with 314.7mh/s considering electricity costs (not even counting taxes to be applied in the future) , getting just 150$ dollars profit per month. 121€ in my country Spain (considering current value € --> $)

Let's clarify somethings here.

- No, there isn't a bull run. Don't let people mislead you.
- No, it's not profitable
- No, you will not ROI in years at current prices. Moreover if you bought it in the bubble.
- No, it's not worth the effort and headaches to keep it working
- No, don't believe in blind faith guys. Stick to reality. Watch the news, watch the market, analyse technical data and consider the high risk of mining and crypto in general.
- No, the market is not recovering. And it will not do it.
- No, the market has no good news to recover from the fall. has lost 60% capitalization of the hole cryptomarket and others like ETH has lost nearly 70% of value.
- No, regulations, taxes and the end of the anonymity proposed by many countries will not help either.
- No, your coins, and other users coins are insignificant compared to big whales. They are not in for technology. They don't care about that. They are in for profit , instant profit.

If investors, big ones, would believe in this cryptoworld, why are we not seeing huge amounts of big contracts to use it? Cryptocurrencies and their technical projects have been there for years. Why is it so that NOW, just NOW, we are seeing this? Is it because noone knew about this (which would probe developpers didn't do their job attracting money), or is it because now you can get profit trading Huh

can you tell me a single company that could survive losing 50% of it's value?? do you guys know the meaning of TRUST??? very few people here say they've made profit. Most of them did it in December, but greed was greater than intellectual preparation, and they hold. Now they are in big losses.

BTW, my rigs are staying off. F. Off crypto.  

BTW (2) - ETH will enter PoS in just 4 months at current mining rates.

"F off crypto" - on a crypto forum. Just... don't show up here? LOL.
cashen

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:36:39 AM

Pure FUD.

Break even is about $0.30 / kwh

Most people pay $0.10 / kwh
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:57:23 AM

Pure FUD.

Most people in the world pay $0.20 per kwh and the average might be a little higher $0.25 in the world. Germany for example pay $0.33 per kwh.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263492/electricity-prices-in-selected-countries/

So if you pay $0.24 per kwh then you are negative, is a loss, you can't mine anything.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=180.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.24&hcost=450.0&commit=Calculate

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:59:12 AM

if you are in here for some time you will know for sure that everytime prices went down and mining diff went up you will see a lot of topics about how gpu mining is dead and isn't profitable anymore but that's of course if you are a short term miner and you are cashing your mining profits on a daily or a monthly basis but if you are in for the long term then it won't matter at all that for sure applies for the people who has a cheap cost for their mining not everyone is paying very much for electricity

sorry but if you are a miner just to hold, that's nonsense. In that case (holding) it's better to buy directly the coins , save your money on hardware and on electricity costs and win as much as possible when it goes up (if it ever does) with no bills to pay.

a miner, a mainstream miner, is the one who cashes out everymonth to pay the bill and enjoy the profit. i can accept that as prices are too low, you can consider mining to hold , paying the bill out of your pocket and wait for better times.

But that IMPLIES THAT YOU THINK IT WILL EVENTUALLY GO UP. So at this very moment i ask you to tell me a reason, argument, data, technical analysis or whatever you consider to believe in that. (i do not accept your faith or your beliefs or thoughts as an argument, that's bullshit)

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:00:04 AM

Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT. For example, most people in Spain pay 0.24$ /Kwh. Italy is like 0,26$/kwh and Germany more about 0,27-0,28$/Kwh.

DO NOT LIE TO PEOPLE.  Angry Angry

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:02:26 AM

Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT.

Probably he is uneducated concerning electricity price, he just sees his ass on the line.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:09:14 AM

Pure FUD.

this statement is FALSE, SO IT'S BULLSHIT.

Probably he is uneducated concerning electricity price, he just sees his ass on the line.

what worries me is that this people are always here to mislead others with false statements and lies.

Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:10:49 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 07:23:06 AM by Vann

Pure FUD.

Most people in the world pay $0.20 per kwh and the average might be a little higher $0.25 in the world. Germany for example pay $0.33 per kwh.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/263492/electricity-prices-in-selected-countries/

So if you pay $0.24 per kwh then you are negative, is a loss, you can't mine anything.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=180.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.24&hcost=450.0&commit=Calculate

RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an undervolted RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=29.0&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.30&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
Piskeante (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:22:29 AM

Pure FUD.

RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=29.0&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.30&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

so, according to your opinion it's worth mining because you break even at current prices. so 30 days mining for nothing right?? and have you considered that you may want to ROI at some point? or even enjoy the money the machines get, right?

To break even at current prices with no profit at all (just for the electricity company), i shut them down, because everymonth you use them mining, you reduce their re-sell value and you are overheating your house.

I can't think of a reason to mine , sell the coin and break even. I can't. and i'm doing my best to try.  

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: