Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:44:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs.  (Read 3248 times)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 07:29:17 AM

RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an undervolted RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=29.0&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.30&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

rx 580 undervolted to 800mv, normal uses 145w and dual mining almost 200w and that is not counting summer which uses at least 30% more power for cooling and other things, so the 180 watts is the normal for summer cause 800mv might work on winter but not on summer, you have to increase that to make it stable and increasing it means needing more energy.

Also, do you think your fancy exhaust don't use electricity at all when you need to turn on on summer? or most people use air conditioner and ac uses a lot of power, so get your facts straight. That 180 watts per rx 580 was conservative to say the least cause there are people running rx 580 and using 250 - 300 watts and they have no idea they are at loss mining eth right now because of trolls like you that say that mining is profitable.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kryptowolf512

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:13:32 AM

Wow... seems like you all use nicehash. Seriously, mine specific coins and hold them a while, when the bear market is over, im sure you will get your ROI Wink
crocozino

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:07:49 AM

Wow... seems like you all use nicehash. Seriously, mine specific coins and hold them a while, when the bear market is over, im sure you will get your ROI Wink

yes, that's the right answer here!
just do the research before start miner. there is quite a difference between coins, there are coins which brings about 100% more profits then ETH right now
so the one who made research still can mine those coins, pay the bills and still have some free money to spend
kiver

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:29:17 AM

if you are in here for some time you will know for sure that everytime prices went down and mining diff went up you will see a lot of topics about how gpu mining is dead and isn't profitable anymore but that's of course if you are a short term miner and you are cashing your mining profits on a daily or a monthly basis but if you are in for the long term then it won't matter at all that for sure applies for the people who has a cheap cost for their mining not everyone is paying very much for electricity

sorry but if you are a miner just to hold, that's nonsense. In that case (holding) it's better to buy directly the coins , save your money on hardware and on electricity costs and win as much as possible when it goes up (if it ever does) with no bills to pay.

a miner, a mainstream miner, is the one who cashes out everymonth to pay the bill and enjoy the profit. i can accept that as prices are too low, you can consider mining to hold , paying the bill out of your pocket and wait for better times.

But that IMPLIES THAT YOU THINK IT WILL EVENTUALLY GO UP. So at this very moment i ask you to tell me a reason, argument, data, technical analysis or whatever you consider to believe in that. (i do not accept your faith or your beliefs or thoughts as an argument, that's bullshit)
okay i like your argument except the last part when you said "bullshit" but its okay  Smiley  i know lots of miners entered  in this industry just to make a decent income on a monthly bases but we all  know that (crypto market is new and anything that is new takes time to get adopted) and once it does you will see the change,  and about if iam basing my hunches on feelings that's totally wrong what i can tell you if i started mining some project  and if i look at their  roadmap and found something like an atm intergation of the specific project will be let say in 2019 and i trust the development team because i see they haven't lied about  any of their claims so far so i know that this i know that this coin will go up when the roadmap is complete or a part of it anyway, that's how everything in life works buddy
xberg

Activity: 159
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 11:30:48 AM

Interesting.Would you mind sharing such a coin?

One must remember that most coins you have a choice of buying them or mining them. If *today* it's cheaper to buy them than it is to mine them (electricity cost) then I see no good reason to mine them. You're better off paying cash to the coin rather than to the electricity.

So the real incentive is find coins that *today* make substantially more money mining than the electricity cost. I do not know of such coins.

I searched coins on the DAgger Hashimoto, Equihash, NeoScrypt and even Cryptonight algos but most of these are just at break even level.

So if you have an example of a profitable coin *today* I'm all ears. Thanks.
EcoGEM_Club

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 11:50:14 AM

just do the research before start miner. there is quite a difference between coins, there are coins which brings about 100% more profits then ETH right now
so the one who made research still can mine those coins, pay the bills and still have some free money to spend

That wont last long. Eth ASIC RAM based miners are to be released this spring. All the miners with their GPUs will be forced to move out from Eth and find another coins which, in turn, skyrocket the difficulty of actually all coins. More over I presume another wave of dump on the exchanges before we spike, then fall a bit and then be flatting month by month... and only then we would go up. So, guys... my thoughts, better to avoid crypto things now... at least the other half a year.
Having said that, I assume there will be a market growth in may - mid June.  Then we go back again and even lower than that now.
Thanks for your attention.
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:47:56 PM

That wont last long. Eth ASIC RAM based miners are to be released this spring. All the miners with their GPUs will be forced to move out from Eth and find another coins which, in turn, skyrocket the difficulty of actually all coins. More over I presume another wave of dump on the exchanges before we spike, then fall a bit and then be flatting month by month... and only then we would go up. So, guys... my thoughts, better to avoid crypto things now... at least the other half a year.
Having said that, I assume there will be a market growth in may - mid June.  Then we go back again and even lower than that now.

What is that ? An ASIC is basically an "algo in silicium" with NO possibility to change. Change the code of the algo, you kill the ASIC. That's why MONERO is hardforking and will do regularly to kill ASICs on their cryptonight algo.
Should ETASH change the algo, the "ASIC" would become as uselfull as a brick. At the opposite, a FPGA can be reprogrammed.
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 03:24:23 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 04:08:51 PM by Vann

RX 570/580 dosen't use 180W even dual mining. At the current profitability, 0.30/kw is break even for an undervolted RX 570/580 solo mining ETH.

http://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=29.0&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.30&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate

rx 580 undervolted to 800mv, normal uses 145w and dual mining almost 200w and that is not counting summer which uses at least 30% more power for cooling and other things, so the 180 watts is the normal for summer cause 800mv might work on winter but not on summer, you have to increase that to make it stable and increasing it means needing more energy.

Also, do you think your fancy exhaust don't use electricity at all when you need to turn on on summer? or most people use air conditioner and ac uses a lot of power, so get your facts straight. That 180 watts per rx 580 was conservative to say the least cause there are people running rx 580 and using 250 - 300 watts and they have no idea they are at loss mining eth right now because of trolls like you that say that mining is profitable.

Only in your delusional mind mining solo ETH uses 145W for a RX 580. Undervolted it's ~130W for a RX 580 and ~120 W for a RX 570. As I showed you by WTM, the facts are ETH is currently profitable at even 0.30/kw, saying otherwise is FUD and false. The Summer is also 3 months away and the current profitability is irrelevant to what it will be then. Last year at this time ETH was $50 and by summer it was $330. In Nov/Dec 2016 ETH profitability was 1/3 of what it currently is and those that kept mining and held were able to sell at 30X+ the profit.
grosminer

Activity: 718
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:28:22 PM

One must remember that most coins you have a choice of buying them or mining them. If *today* it's cheaper to buy them than it is to mine them (electricity cost) then I see no good reason to mine them. You're better off paying cash to the coin rather than to the electricity.

So the real incentive is find coins that *today* make substantially more money mining than the electricity cost. I do not know of such coins.

I searched coins on the DAgger Hashimoto, Equihash, NeoScrypt and even Cryptonight algos but most of these are just at break even level.

Ravencoin
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:58:12 PM

Ravencoin

I heard that is not that profitable anymore.

I am happy to hear people turning off and selling their rigs, more profit for everyone else :p
playfast

Activity: 131
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:07:06 PM

I have a low end rx 560 rig, I see it as mostly a hobby too with small chance of making money.
I'm hoarding Musicoin and a stockpile of many low difficulty cryptonight coins  Grin
Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:18:17 PM

Ravencoin

I am happy to hear people turning off and selling their rigs, more profit for everyone else :p

are you f. kidding?¿? Unless you are a moron, you may know that it will make almost no difference if 10.000gh/s disappear. OMG...what a level here.....

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:34:43 PM

Ravencoin

are you f. kidding?¿? Unless you are a moron, you may know that it will make almost no difference if 10.000gh/s disappear. OMG...what a level here.....

Roll Eyes
crocozino

Merit: 250

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:11:44 AM

well, we will see how long it will last, the main thing in post that it possible to do now
maybe two month more, maybe three, who knows we will see..
and also there is a difference, between miners eager to setup the rigs quite often for mining profitable coins and miners who setup one time for ETH and forget about it. I'm not quite sure all of miners who mine ETH will switch for new coins. i thing they will hot nicehash or zec)
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:43:19 AM

As I showed you by WTM, the facts are ETH is currently profitable at even 0.30/kw, saying otherwise is FUD and false.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&p=130.0&fee=2.0&cost=0.30&hcost=450&commit=Calculate

Going by your data which is false to think every troll will undervolt as you do or simple think about undervolt, also matter of silicon lottery, the idea here is to show the possible worse outcome as return cause that is how it means to be profitable, if you show all possible worse outcome and yet it show is profitable then it means you are going in the right direction. Anyway, like I said going by your data, If you think $0.02 is profitable per day per rx 580, be my guest, not to mention and mentioning minus 30% pools steal from users, yes I would agree with you if pools did not steal profit, if all cards were equal and more important if the world was flat. There is nothing profitable here at $0.30, $0.20, even at $0.10 kwh is hard to say if is profitable because shit happens, right now is only profitable if you have free electricity which it does not exist cause if the troll does not pay then another troll will pay its bill.

Also I ignored other things like exhaust fans or air conditioners which makes up for the bill, plus other things like cpu, motherboard, ram, ssd, psu and many other things.

pickleburglar

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:01:22 AM

It might still be profitable at 0.3/kwh or whatever figure but most people are not comfortable betting on that state lasting in the world of crypto for a year or more to get their investment back.
Metroid

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:07:15 AM

It might still be profitable at 0.3/kwh or whatever figure but most people are not comfortable betting on that state lasting in the world of crypto for a year or more to get their investment back.

I guess you did not read what I wrote about pools stealing 30% of your profit, do you think you get what whattomine shows you? Never. Now if you mine solo then yes you get those 30%, only solo mining really gives what whattomine says .

warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:14:41 AM

Most miners use simple strategies.
Your strategy needs mass knoweledge and some luck

Piskeante (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:20:43 AM

mining is not profitable for most coins.

But once ETH will go PoS all of those cards will have to switch to another place, increasing enormously all those "profitable shitty coins", and hey!! everything will collapse. Unless a coin takes the place of ETH, and i don't see that happening any time soon since i don't think ETC can go that way.

BTW, all of my statements are becoming true, day after day.

But the main reason miners say it's still profitable, it's because most of them invested a big amount of money, and accepting this is gone , would mean it's a fail, and people don't want to accept fails.

now THE BIG QUESTIONS WE SHOULD ANSWER ARE:

- When ETh will go PoS? according to current mining rate in 2-3 months. So at any moment Vitalik can announce the fork.

- Where will all those AMD cards go? Mining Monero means overclocking if you want at least 280 sol/s (my GTX 1060 6gb is doing like 320 sol/s). Considering how efficient are GTX 10 series, AMD cards have a no go here. Nor in performance nor in power consumption.

- Will all those cards go to mine shitty coins? well, that will destroy the actual profitability of any of them (if there is still any). Yes, it's possible that many many people will sell their GPU's and not all of them will enter the pools, but anyway, that's a guess. What it's not a guess but a certain thing to happen is that once ETH goes PoS all shitty coins will turn to not profitable due to difficulty increase.

- Will the market recover from this disaster?? Do you see investors willing to put their money into a business that is broken, falling down, that will face future legislations and regulations, Taxes, and probably the end of anonymity as we know it??? my guess??? NO, this is not gonna end well. I don't see why people would invest in a market that moves like a headless chicken. I wouldn't do it.

This situation, this hard, has never been seen by the community. Don't let them tell you we have seen it before. This has never been seen. The community has never had to deal with loses of 75%.
NEVER.

If they've told you to hold because will this solve anytime soon, well......they've lied to you, because i think this market cannot recover from a 75% loss

My rigs continue OFF, and they will be OFF for a lot of time, i'm afraid. Probably i will sell them because i can still make profit from them (since i bought them way below MSRP)

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
retard75

Activity: 102
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:35:35 AM

- Will all those cards go to mine shitty coins? well, that will destroy the actual profitability of any of them (if there is still any). Yes, it's possible that many many people will sell their GPU's and not all of them will enter the pools, but anyway, that's a guess. What it's not a guess but a certain thing to happen is that once ETH goes PoS all shitty coins will turn to not profitable due to difficulty increase.

Be ahead of the herd & don't tell anyone. That's how one wins the difficulty race. And pray sites like whattomine will never cease to exist.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: