Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:07:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if you live in the EU, watch your profit. I've already turned off my rigs.  (Read 3248 times)
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 12:38:57 AM

people are not switching off their machines because THEY TAKE FOR GRANTED THAT THIS SITUATION IS JUST A STONE IN THE ROAD AND THE MARKET WILL GROW. They have no basis, no data, not even any technical analysis to suggest that that is bound to happen. That's just crazy.

-There are no guarantees in life.  I wouldn't want to live my life without taking risks that are reasonable to me.  The market will eventually grow.  BTC isn't going anywhere.  My basis for that prediction is the past.  Have you ever looked at historical data?  Get over it, you're never going to find "proof" that btc will be worth X amount of dollars in the future.

here, are even guys that have posted saying they are mining at loss. For a miner, that's mad. like really mad. it would be better to buy directly the coins than mine for them at loss. That makes no sense. but i think is this mad world of crypto, almost nothing makes sense.

-I'm not mining at a loss, but I'm not doing as well as I was earlier in the year.  Sounds like you don't know anything about mining other than ETH.  I'm not converting anything to fiat either.  Never have.  I'm placing my bet on the btc price being several times what it is now in the next 3-5 years.  If someone wants to mine with the hardware that they already have at a loss and has that same belief, why would they shut their rigs off?  That's what doesn't make sense.  Either shut them off and sell them or continue mining.

My mining rigs have been off for about 7 days now i think. Difficulty is increasing, so don't be that stupid to say that if i turn them off you win more money. Those are words that only a fuc.ing moron would say.

Are you selling your rigs?  If you're just waiting for a coin price to go up and then turn them back on, you're the fucking moron.
 Difficulty is only going to continue to increase.  If you are just sitting on your rigs, they are becoming less and less valuable, while you are getting nothing out of them.

Even at this low prices, there is not an instant pump, so this means noone is willing to buy this coins. NOONE. If this situation continues another 24 hours more, we will see another dump in prices to about 300$ per ETH.

If there is another bitcoin sell off, eth will probably decrease in value as well.  I really don't think you understand the concept of trading. For every sell order filled, there is a buyer on the other end.

most of you have BLIND FAITH. My experience in this world has shown me that morons are the ones the die the first. If you don't risk you don't win right? i guess most of you consider this a small stone in the road. I'm afraid it's bigger than you think.

I agree.  You shut your rigs down, rolled over, and died.  I guess you're that moron that you are speaking of.  Grin

But hey! enjoy your actual loses mining.  My question is: how many more hits are you willing to receive before you consider, for the first time ever about this, that the situation is really tough and that there is a big possibility that the market dies???

I will not mine for loses. That's not my idea of mining.

Well I haven't taken any hits, because I haven't sold any crypto for fiat.  I've only traded mined shitcoins for btc when the trading pair is acceptable to me.  The situation really isn't that tough for me.  I have the funds to pay my electrical expenses by other means than selling mined coins.  Big possibility that the crypto market dies?  Are you high?  Grin

i'm not even going to bother quoting you, sorry.

you talk about "reasonable risk". but denying the situation, you are actually not being reasonable. In fact, you don't even consider the idea of a big crash of this market. Not even watching and suffering the signs.

It's a reasonable risk to me, because I only have about 25K usd invested in mining hardware and maybe another 10K usd that I trade with.  If it all goes to zero, so what.  It's not my life savings.  It's a small drop in the bucket compared to what most people will earn in their lifetime.  It could go either way and that's the risk that I'm willing to take.  I could also die in a car crash tomorrow.  No one can predict the future.

SEC has postoponed their decision to 30 September. Only this caused a 10-13% drop over the last 24 hours for ETH and like 10% for BTC. Imagine what will happen if they deny that. CAN YOU IMAGINE??? What will happen if by 30 September SEC does not allow them to operate??? Ohh no, wait, you are above reality. the only thing that matters for you is your blind faith. You are not willing to accept anything the differs from your blind faith.

Just an FYI, the SEC can continue delaying their decision until Feb 2019 on the CBOE ETF, if they choose to do so.  There are nearly 20 ETF proposals currently being considered.  Winklevoss ETF got shut down on their second proposal a week or so ago.  If anyone is going to get an ETF through, I believe that it will be a CBOE partnered ETF, because they are already in BTC futures market.  And a SEC green flag isn't the end of the line.  There will still be more red tape, before they can actually operate.  My best guess is that we won't see any ETF's in 2018.

i'm not selling my rigs.

Your idea is: continue mining, even if i have to pay the electricity bill from my pocket because i know the coin will recover it's value. BTW, you have no fucking idea if that will happen. Just blind faith.

my idea is: i will not pay money out of my pocket to pay electricity, because if that happens, i'm a holder, and hodlers are better off buying the coins. Consider this. With the money you are paying everymonth for electricity, you could by more coins and be more profitable than paying for electricity. Are you sure you are not the MORON HERE???

Never said that I know the crypto market would recover and surpass all time highs.  I said that I'm willing to make the bet that it will over the next 3-5 years.  I said that is the risk that I am personally willing to take.  To each their own.

BTW, i sell my coins for fiat once every two months, and only the amount to pay my electricity. Once i get ENOUGH profit by mining, i will turn them on. Sorry, i will not money on loses. Do it yourself.

Sorry for your loss.

Difficulty will increase. and no doubt in a few months your rigs will get less and less coins, but paying the same amount of electricity. ASIC is already destroying you. But you don't know it yet. You´ll discover it yourself sooner or later. In your case, probably later, i guess.

ASIC's are not destroying me, because I'm not mining an algo that has ASIC's on it.

the concept of trading is simple. more than you are. it goes like this.

traders buy the coins the cheapest possible. the more you buy, the more the price will pump. Stupid people join the hype-train and buy, influenced by other stupids saying: hey!!1 jump in now or regret it!!! Those stupids are in a bull trap, but they don't know it. those initial traders, after getting their 5-10% will sell their coins for profit, because NOONE CARES ABOUT TECHNOLOGY. iS ALL ABOUT PROFIT.

If the coin continues to increase in price, traders will hold it for 6-12 hours. If it stops, they will sell and drop the value of the coin. If that drop triggers more sells from other inverstors, they will place buy orders are low prices, and if that prices is achieved, than they will buy.

The market is so manipulated that a big whale can push the coin up him alone.

Trading is always about profit.  Whether it's short, mid, or long term, it's always about gains.  Doesn't matter if you're trading btc to gain more fiat or you're trading mined shitcoins to gain more btc.  It's always about gains.  IN ANY MARKET!  WAKE UP DUDE!  I'm sorry you've lost more than you can afford, but maybe you should go trade something boring like Forex or just stick to putting money into your 401k.  I don't think crypto is for you.

the market has lost 25% cap in just 1 week. currently at 225 billion, from almost 300 billion. Noone buying coins. LITERALLY NOONE. So, are they waiting for the price to drop more to buy? how much more?? so people are willing to buy a coin that is "valuable" but they are waiting for it to be less valuable to buy it. God lord will push the "valuable" coin later, don't worry. Money grows in trees right??  Is that your idea???

The btc market alone dropped from 19kish to 13kish during the week of 12-18-2017.  That's more than 25%.  What's your point?

never mind. you are one of those believers that will prefer to die mining that accepting they are acting like real morons. i don't blame you. this forum is toxic. Reality does not matter here. Hype is everything. And hype will dissapear anytime soon. Just enjoy your coins. who knows, tomorrow you can wake up and see  a big 0 on your account.

If that happen, i will be here. You´ll make my day.

Again, I'm very sorry that you're not feeling well, probably due to the fact that you have lost a lot of money.  I would suggest meditation.  Also, take a break for this forum and/or anything crypto related.  This forum is only toxic, because people like you make it that way.  I'm realistic.  I know the entire market could go to zero and I've accepted the risk with peace.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 03:17:56 AM

FYI:  a buy and hold perspective carries the same exact "blind faith" that mining at a [current] loss has.

They are both valid perspectives.

Its completely ironic how most people are too naive to look past their own selves; and must continue to badger the other for having their own perspective.

This shouldn't be an argument or pissing match.  It should be a discussion.

But who am I to say anything.....   I'm just another opinion/perspective.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:05:41 AM

Agree mostly with the poster directly above me.  I guess the "cry baby" didn't come back to respond.  Hopefully he is reading savingadvice.com or something similar.  My guess is that he thought he was going to make a business out of crypto that netted him high daily returns, so he could quit a shitty job.  He was sadly mistaken.  Keep your job at Subway.  I like their sandwiches, sometimes.  If he would have looked back far enough and fast enough during the time that he was overpaying for gpu's, he would have seen the writing on the wall.

I don't know what his electricity cost is ... Perhaps it's 3X what I pay.  He is in Europe, if I recall.  If I paid 0.30$usd/kwh, I would most certainly stop mining and sell my hardware.  Probably never would have started mining to begin with, if the electricity cost was that high.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
dagarair

Activity: 847
Merit: 383

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 12:18:25 AM

OR just send it to me...... I'll host it at 13 centsish  Tongue

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.0

4MW Data Center - I BUILT Tongue  - Full story below:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4789787.msg43227027#msg43227027
percy_tc

Activity: 583
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:42:07 PM

people are not switching off their machines because THEY TAKE FOR GRANTED THAT THIS SITUATION IS JUST A STONE IN THE ROAD AND THE MARKET WILL GROW. They have no basis, no data, not even any technical analysis to suggest that that is bound to happen. That's just crazy.

-There are no guarantees in life.  I wouldn't want to live my life without taking risks that are reasonable to me.  The market will eventually grow.  BTC isn't going anywhere.  My basis for that prediction is the past.  Have you ever looked at historical data?  Get over it, you're never going to find "proof" that btc will be worth X amount of dollars in the future.

here, are even guys that have posted saying they are mining at loss. For a miner, that's mad. like really mad. it would be better to buy directly the coins than mine for them at loss. That makes no sense. but i think is this mad world of crypto, almost nothing makes sense.

-I'm not mining at a loss, but I'm not doing as well as I was earlier in the year.  Sounds like you don't know anything about mining other than ETH.  I'm not converting anything to fiat either.  Never have.  I'm placing my bet on the btc price being several times what it is now in the next 3-5 years.  If someone wants to mine with the hardware that they already have at a loss and has that same belief, why would they shut their rigs off?  That's what doesn't make sense.  Either shut them off and sell them or continue mining.

My mining rigs have been off for about 7 days now i think. Difficulty is increasing, so don't be that stupid to say that if i turn them off you win more money. Those are words that only a fuc.ing moron would say.

Are you selling your rigs?  If you're just waiting for a coin price to go up and then turn them back on, you're the fucking moron.
 Difficulty is only going to continue to increase.  If you are just sitting on your rigs, they are becoming less and less valuable, while you are getting nothing out of them.

Even at this low prices, there is not an instant pump, so this means noone is willing to buy this coins. NOONE. If this situation continues another 24 hours more, we will see another dump in prices to about 300$ per ETH.

If there is another bitcoin sell off, eth will probably decrease in value as well.  I really don't think you understand the concept of trading. For every sell order filled, there is a buyer on the other end.

most of you have BLIND FAITH. My experience in this world has shown me that morons are the ones the die the first. If you don't risk you don't win right? i guess most of you consider this a small stone in the road. I'm afraid it's bigger than you think.

I agree.  You shut your rigs down, rolled over, and died.  I guess you're that moron that you are speaking of.  Grin

But hey! enjoy your actual loses mining.  My question is: how many more hits are you willing to receive before you consider, for the first time ever about this, that the situation is really tough and that there is a big possibility that the market dies???

I will not mine for loses. That's not my idea of mining.

Well I haven't taken any hits, because I haven't sold any crypto for fiat.  I've only traded mined shitcoins for btc when the trading pair is acceptable to me.  The situation really isn't that tough for me.  I have the funds to pay my electrical expenses by other means than selling mined coins.  Big possibility that the crypto market dies?  Are you high?  Grin

i'm not even going to bother quoting you, sorry.

you talk about "reasonable risk". but denying the situation, you are actually not being reasonable. In fact, you don't even consider the idea of a big crash of this market. Not even watching and suffering the signs.

SEC has postoponed their decision to 30 September. Only this caused a 10-13% drop over the last 24 hours for ETH and like 10% for BTC. Imagine what will happen if they deny that. CAN YOU IMAGINE??? What will happen if by 30 September SEC does not allow them to operate??? Ohh no, wait, you are above reality. the only thing that matters for you is your blind faith. You are not willing to accept anything the differs from your blind faith.

i'm not selling my rigs.

Your idea is: continue mining, even if i have to pay the electricity bill from my pocket because i know the coin will recover it's value. BTW, you have no fucking idea if that will happen. Just blind faith.

my idea is: i will not pay money out of my pocket to pay electricity, because if that happens, i'm a holder, and hodlers are better off buying the coins. Consider this. With the money you are paying everymonth for electricity, you could by more coins and be more profitable than paying for electricity. Are you sure you are not the MORON HERE???

BTW, i sell my coins for fiat once every two months, and only the amount to pay my electricity. Once i get ENOUGH profit by mining, i will turn them on. Sorry, i will not money on loses. Do it yourself.

Difficulty will increase. and no doubt in a few months your rigs will get less and less coins, but paying the same amount of electricity. ASIC is already destroying you. But you don't know it yet. You´ll discover it yourself sooner or later. In your case, probably later, i guess.

the concept of trading is simple. more than you are. it goes like this.

traders buy the coins the cheapest possible. the more you buy, the more the price will pump. Stupid people join the hype-train and buy, influenced by other stupids saying: hey!!1 jump in now or regret it!!! Those stupids are in a bull trap, but they don't know it. those initial traders, after getting their 5-10% will sell their coins for profit, because NOONE CARES ABOUT TECHNOLOGY. iS ALL ABOUT PROFIT.

If the coin continues to increase in price, traders will hold it for 6-12 hours. If it stops, they will sell and drop the value of the coin. If that drop triggers more sells from other inverstors, they will place buy orders are low prices, and if that prices is achieved, than they will buy.

The market is so manipulated that a big whale can push the coin up him alone.

the market has lost 25% cap in just 1 week. currently at 225 billion, from almost 300 billion. Noone buying coins. LITERALLY NOONE. So, are they waiting for the price to drop more to buy? how much more?? so people are willing to buy a coin that is "valuable" but they are waiting for it to be less valuable to buy it. God lord will push the "valuable" coin later, don't worry. Money grows in trees right??  Is that your idea???

never mind. you are one of those believers that will prefer to die mining that accepting they are acting like real morons. i don't blame you. this forum is toxic. Reality does not matter here. Hype is everything. And hype will dissapear anytime soon. Just enjoy your coins. who knows, tomorrow you can wake up and see  a big 0 on your account.

If that happen, i will be here. You´ll make my day.

SEC is nothing to do with price. This is just the regular whale manipulation.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:49:51 PM

SEC is nothing to do with price. This is just the regular whale manipulation.

So true and the same whales will after have bought a lot of cheap crypto, pump these coins 10 - 50 times hehe, the ones selling are whales fool's errand hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
RentGPU

Activity: 661
Merit: 258

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:08:40 PM

Nicehash and automatic dump miners or flash miners are fu*king the network hashrate with sudden spikes which increases the difficulty in every single coin with a sudden difficulty retarget , if you know what i am talking about and you are an old miner you will yes me!

2016 GPU Miner
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: