Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:57:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much have you lost during this bloodbath?  (Read 1386 times)
Nordwolf (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:47:15 PM

I wonder how much people have lost money during this bloodbath which never seems to end. Maybe it will continue until the overall market cap is under 100 billion.

I bought Ethereum for 5000 euro in January when the price was 770 euros, and then for another 10 000 euro when the price was something like 900€. I also bought few Litecoins as well. From original 15 000 euro I have only 5000 left now, so i've lost almost 70% for now. I haven't sold anything yet.

ETH supposed to be one of the most stable coins but I really have no idea what I should do anymore. Actually I don't even care anymore if the price of 1 ETH goes to zero and I lose that remaining 5k because I have already lost so freaking much. I even had to put my house on a rent and move back to my parents for the next 1.5 years to recover from these losses if the price does not rise again.

Sorry for opening up but I had to share my story so I can feel a bit better..
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 09:00:25 AM

You are not the only one you are losing money, everybody is. You must have patience. Stop looking at the price charts and if you can afford it, forget your investment for some time. If you are from the people who believe that eventually, cryptos will substitute fiat money (I am one of them) you have nothing to fear. If you bought them just to double or to triple your fiat in a matter of months I think you've invested in the wrong place. The crypto market is volatile and unpredicted, everybody says here to invest as much you can afford to lose.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:04:45 AM

I really feel you as most of the new crypto investors entered the crypto world when it was going vertical, im myself trapped in many tokens i invested during this bull run, i think market will recover, all those who cashed out due to fud will be taking new positions soon, just wait for the volume to be back and things will start getting better.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
toolsmans

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:07:22 AM

you did not lose money until you fixed the losses. Ie if you bought an asset for $ 2 and it began to cost $ 1 and you sold for $ 1, then you lost. If you bought for $ 2 and the asset was worth $ 1 but you did not sell it, then you have not lost anything. You just have to wait.

It is clear that homoconally very hard to wait. Even if you were hoping that investing money for the next month you will earn more than profit and even started thinking about your millions of dollars, I'm sorry. We need to be ready for the shaft in the market and work for a long perspective and not short-cut. Then you can earn money. Ie invested money in the crypto currency as there is and continue to continue to do their own business, work, family.

Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:10:01 AM

I calculated how much I lost ever since ATH in markets, its still like %75 for me. But I don't think ath is good place to measure as it was quite rare thing that happened and all coins jumped higher. So I can say I lost %50 or something.
boss82_big

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:10:43 AM

In my opinion, your main mistake is that you put the money you needed in real life, and now your financial situation is very bad. But do not worry, you just have to wait until the market is back to its previous values
Jaycee99

Activity: 1036
Merit: 273

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:18:08 AM

You are not the only one you are losing money, everybody is. You must have patience. Stop looking at the price charts and if you can afford it, forget your investment for some time. If you are from the people who believe that eventually, cryptos will substitute fiat money (I am one of them) you have nothing to fear. If you bought them just to double or to triple your fiat in a matter of months I think you've invested in the wrong place. The crypto market is volatile and unpredicted, everybody says here to invest as much you can afford to lose.

I allready lost 5% on my bitcoin but I would say its still a win win price and back than I bought load and later it increases and got give someone a load.

Here few tips I really learned from my sister and that is

1. Keep in mind you real money dont be an addictive investor.
2. When you have a investment holding on a bitcoin, Ethereum and altcoins, dont panic
3. Chill
4. You can see the chart and dont over think about it
5. If your holding chill calm down because the right time and increase will come
6. Think of it this way you will earn
Tipstar

Activity: 1806
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:18:16 AM

I haven't lost anything as I haven't sold anything.
I'd only have loss if I trade away my coins with fiat.
The inter trading of my coins too are in profit for the last month.
And I've increased my holding spending more fiat.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

BitcoinBallerina

Activity: 308

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:21:33 AM

I have lost more than 50% of my investment value. But I'm buying more now to reduce my average purchase price as now looks a good time to buy.  Most of the coins are at rock bottom prices and at a point from where they had earlier started their rallies.

silent17

Activity: 420
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:26:21 AM

I feel bad for you, many people here are at the same state as you were because as we all know, people who are hold their token had suffered, I myself have lost 70% of my portfolio, by simply holding the token. But as other suggested, I usually forget the chart for a few months because by doing this, I will not feel bad from what is happening to the crypto world. Anyways, I'm hoping that at the end of this year, crypto will recover.
boynamnhi

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:28:59 AM

I really feel you as most of the new crypto investors entered the crypto world when it was going vertical, im myself trapped in many tokens i invested during this bull run, i think market will recover, all those who cashed out due to fud will be taking new positions soon, just wait for the volume to be back and things will start getting better.
Gain and lose are the two words that occur during the investment process. When they lose they cry too much. When they are, the household does not say I do not lose. In this tragedy, a smart investor will study carefully before making a decision, not a passive decision. I will continue to keep my coin and continue to invest if funds are available.
Dmitry_K

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 09:31:53 AM

The value of my portfolio has decreased by about 50%, but I decided not to fix the loss, but continue to hold my coins. As you know, after a fall, growth always begins and vice versa. Be patient.
Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:32:32 AM

Since the bear market is coming, most people are in a state of losing money, so I don't want to worry too much about it.
All you need to do is hold, so when the bull market comes, you'll get a higher return.

Ostonian

Activity: 912

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:38:55 AM

All who kept their coins and did not sell at the fall of the market, lost their savings. All these people are certainly unhappy, including me. But at the same time everyone expects that the market will recover and the situation will improve.
thinkpad99

Activity: 654
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:41:29 AM

Some investors have lost over 90% of their portfolios value. Ethereum is stabilize but if bitcoin falling everything else too. This is how market works.
Obi2024

Merit: 102

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:44:52 AM

I wonder how much people have lost money during this bloodbath which never seems to end. Maybe it will continue until the overall market cap is under 100 billion.

I bought Ethereum for 5000 euro in January when the price was 770 euros, and then for another 10 000 euro when the price was something like 900€. I also bought few Litecoins as well. From original 15 000 euro I have only 5000 left now, so i've lost almost 70% for now. I haven't sold anything yet.

ETH supposed to be one of the most stable coins but I really have no idea what I should do anymore. Actually I don't even care anymore if the price of 1 ETH goes to zero and I lose that remaining 5k because I have already lost so freaking much. I even had to put my house on a rent and move back to my parents for the next 1.5 years to recover from these losses if the price does not rise again.

In my opinion, you can only confirm that you have lost when you sell lower than you bought, however if you are still holding the crypto you bought, i will not say it is a loss, because when the market recovers, you are likely to come back to the original position and even make some profit. the problem is that many people are not able to hodl.

huoxuanjyphl591

Activity: 269

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 09:55:10 AM

I think everything will be ok and the prices of the coins will be high again. Then you can win the money back.

BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:09:00 AM

If you want to avoid big losses during the bloodbath just hold if you see that your profit was not there, easy as that.
Holding is the safest way to avoid losses on your money in trading when the price is a decrease just keep on holding like what happens now I'm still holding my coins in my portfolio right now because of this bloodbath.
Control your emotion not to be panic and sell besides because patients here in trading is a must.
zaluzi modric

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:15:44 AM

I have lost 50% of my assets since the end of 2017
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:46:48 AM

I lost a good deal of my sense of humor.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: