Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:41:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin?  (Read 401 times)
jukimay (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 07:19:12 PM

Hello everyone! im here to Talk you about your experience with Bitcoin.

Would you please tell me, Why Bitcoin? Why not invest Gold, property or etc? Please tell me because i just a newbie, Give me a reason.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:29:59 PM

Bitcoin is the most widely accepted form of digital currency in the world today. Reputable institutions, retailers and investors are now involved in bitcoin trading. In the future, there is a very high likelihood that bitcoin will replace the normal paper currency.
dreamteam17

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:30:32 PM

Would you please tell me, Why Bitcoin? Why not invest Gold, property or etc? Please tell me because i just a newbie, Give me a reason.
because the world is following a new fashion of new technologies, bitcoin is the most worthwhile, and it is profitable!
barbiecover

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:32:38 PM

'couse 90% who have listened about cryptos, know only about Bitcoin
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:35:02 PM

Every other alternative to Bitcoin has it's serious drawbacks.
Gold is not digital, you can't send it across the world in matter of minutes.

Bitcoin is not just an investment, it is a form of payment, a currency.
There is no currency that is decentralized like Bitcoin.
Fiat currency is constantly being printed by governments, losing it's value.
Bitcoin has a very strict monetary policy, built into the protocol itself.

Big reason why people like Bitcoin is because it is decentralized and no one can take it from you.
It has high level of security and privacy. Government would have a really hard time confiscating your bitcoins.
kylekidd

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:38:57 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 07:49:46 PM by kylekidd

Bitcoin tool that takes power away from corrupt governments and allows value to be transferred quickly and safely around the globe.  The funds are protected from confiscation and can only be controlled by the individual in possession of the private key.  Bitcoin will only become more necessary as governments around the world typically become extremely tyrannical before they collapse completely.

In addition, Bitcoin is the most trusted and used "Proof of Work" currency, which means value must be destroyed (in energy/computational time) in order to create them.  This makes it an inherently scarce commodity, similar to gold.  Bitcoin becomes more scarce over time as a smaller amount are created over years and have a hard upper limit on the number created.
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:41:00 PM

Probably the main reason is its ease of access to many people. With a mobile phone you can download an app and begin trading in no time. Use a ATM or meet someone with local Bitcoins, give them a few bucks and in no time you have Bitcoin loaded up on your wallet.

With gold, properly and the other things you list you have the headaches of getting into it. Sure you may be able to hit up a local coin shop, but then they want big premiums over spot price and even more premium if it is by an well known mint. If you try to go cheap you can get stuck with counterfeit gold, even coins now have seen counterfeits. As for property like real estate, there is a whole host of headache acquiring that and then the ongoing property taxes.
jukimay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 07:43:38 PM

Bitcoin is not just an investment, it is a form of payment, a currency.
There is no currency that is decentralized like Bitcoin.
Fiat currency is constantly being printed by governments, losing it's value.
Bitcoin has a very strict monetary policy, built into the protocol itself.

Big reason why people like Bitcoin is because it is decentralized and no one can take it from you.
It has high level of security and privacy. Government would have a really hard time confiscating your bitcoins.

its cool, your opinion is very good I am more motivated to plunge deeper.
Winsdors

Activity: 31

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:48:43 PM

Gains here are ridiculous comparing to other investment, at least for me.
If you earn enough here, you can diversify and invest in other things too.
pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:50:42 PM

It's hard to compare Bitcoin investment to buying real estate. You can buy a fraction of Bitcoin if you don't have money, but you can't buy a house even if you have enough to buy 2 or 3 Bitcoins. That's why for someone like me it would be impossible to buy property but bitcoin is always an option. Gold is much harder to sell and you can get scammed if you don't buy from legit sources. Bitcoin is always legit.
jukimay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 07:54:51 PM

Probably the main reason is its ease of access to many people. With a mobile phone you can download an app and begin trading in no time. Use a ATM or meet someone with local Bitcoins, give them a few bucks and in no time you have Bitcoin loaded up on your wallet.

With gold, properly and the other things you list you have the headaches of getting into it. Sure you may be able to hit up a local coin shop, but then they want big premiums over spot price and even more premium if it is by an well known mint. If you try to go cheap you can get stuck with counterfeit gold, even coins now have seen counterfeits. As for property like real estate, there is a whole host of headache acquiring that and then the ongoing property taxes.

Do you think whether bitcoin will continue. after google preach want to stop all about ico that i heard
jukimay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 08:01:12 PM

It's hard to compare Bitcoin investment to buying real estate. You can buy a fraction of Bitcoin if you don't have money, but you can't buy a house even if you have enough to buy 2 or 3 Bitcoins. That's why for someone like me it would be impossible to buy property but bitcoin is always an option. Gold is much harder to sell and you can get scammed if you don't buy from legit sources. Bitcoin is always legit.

Yes man, I agree with your opinion. Thanks for share.
novogum

Activity: 416
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:03:31 PM

Because investments in bitcoin are more risky than in gold. But they are more profitable. I think that's what attracts investors.
Kingjagat

Activity: 122

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:04:24 PM

Gains here are ridiculous comparing to other investment, at least for me.
If you earn enough here, you can diversify and invest in other things too.

what makes you say silly. do you know how many thousands of people have been assisted by bitcoin from an economic point of view, at least bitcoin has given much change and if it is automatic bitcoin is the best investment for now
Alanpigi80

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:08:17 PM

Gold, property are material goods, you can't work on small (or larger) amount of them in short time, and you'll never be the owner about the 100% of the stuff, you have to face burocracy and third parties that wants their slice of the cake.
With cryptocurrencies there's you, managing your nice wallet. Easy and fast, no pain at all
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:15:47 PM

Personally, I got involved with Bitcoin for fun, to try it out, because my friends were telling me about it. I bought some, got interested in mining and so it went.
Now I'm still here because it's great to be a part of the financial revolution and i'm also not risking anything anymore. Whatever happens I'll always say that it was great being here. Gold or real estate? Sure maybe when Bitcoin goes up to 50,000 $ i'll think about it. At the moment real estate end gold don't offer similar returns.

roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:18:06 PM

do not equate the bitcoin with gold and properties
bitcoin is an investment that might be risky if you miss the point of entry
while property and gold, is an investment that gives you profit for the long term

kirito1614

Activity: 336
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:21:17 PM

At its center, bitcoin is a savvy currency outlined by extremely ground breaking engineers. It wipes out the requirement for banks, disposes of charge card expenses, cash trade expenses, cash exchange charges, and decreases the requirement for legal counselors in changes, every single good thing. We see bitcoin as conceivably the best informal community of all.
Chickendinner123

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:44:53 PM

why bitcoin..because bitcoin is bigger income as long as it works and is wise in every move it..the gold because for me it is just a material and accessories of the body and its unsafe to thieves because it saw body wearing not like bitcoin digital and hide money
supelle.born

Activity: 286

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:46:18 PM
Last edit: March 19, 2018, 12:05:44 AM by supelle.born

Bitcoin is the most known coin and it will dominate the crypto market for a long time, so that is the reason that I trust BTC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: