Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:57:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Facebook shares fall -5% after banning Bitcoin  (Read 486 times)
www_blockchain

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:45:57 AM

It seems to me that the drop in the share price of facebook is not connected with the crypto currency. But even if it really happened because of the ban on advertising crypto currency, then soon these bans will be lifted and facebook will restore its positions. There is no reason for excitement.
crystalworld

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:59:39 AM

I believe 95% of facebook users are business owners and 70% are online business owners while  50% of the online users are into cryptocurrency. If I  can not share my business links then I will share nothing. Because that's worth mostly brings me online, to share and connect with friends and family.
Kisska2710

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:57:22 AM

My friends have used Facebook as a means of advertising to sell cats and even this is not allowed anymore. I understand the need to "manage" the situation, but the ban is a bit too engraved. severe. Lolz! It can have a big impact because we know very well how many encryption projects (ICO's) spend millions of dollars on encrypted ads running on Facebook and other social media platforms. So, creating all the chaos into Facebook stock and is the reason for its downfall.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:09:13 AM

My friends have used Facebook as a means of advertising to sell cats and even this is not allowed anymore. I understand the need to "manage" the situation, but the ban is a bit too engraved. severe. Lolz! It can have a big impact because we know very well how many encryption projects (ICO's) spend millions of dollars on encrypted ads running on Facebook and other social media platforms. So, creating all the chaos into Facebook stock and is the reason for its downfall.

It affected many entrepreneur too. Also sharing a link several times to friends and family even on chat is not permitted. There is an error message. Facebook becomes very strict especially to spamming, but for some important info they should be complacent.
yvuj101

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 03:17:16 AM

Actually, it fell because of possible data mis-use and it was a bearish day. The dow/nasdaq/snp500 were strongly negative. This is due to possible interest rates rise really soon and possible 4 rate hikes this year which some people consider too much. There is fear that rates being hiked too fast can lead to a recession.

We cannot get profits on Facebook that's why they banned bitcoin as our purposes here is to have some other income for a better family life less of financial needs become no credits bitcoin is supportive in most important human needs.
Babyfaceless

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:04:38 PM

it is a bad to know that after all facebook banning bitcoin ads and i think facebook cannot trust the bitcoin that's why facebook banning it. we shoud spread tp the people that they not know what is bitcoin. bitcoin need more invest to reach the goal or i think they reach the goal already. i think it cannot affected the share's of facebook they gaining income in the future facebook will invest in the bitcoin im thinking in that point.
btcCoincart

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:24:45 PM

Their shares not only decrease but their profits also goes down. All the money from ads that facebook earns from ICO project is not small. But whatever, ICO will come back on facebook some days
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:36:00 PM
Last edit: July 20, 2018, 05:15:35 AM by r32godzilla

It was not due to banning of bitcoin but due to other issues.But it whatever the reason may be,facebook has decided to reverse its ban on crypto ads so as to capture the lucrative market.Now they have decided to allow the crypto ads based on the license of crypto project owners.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
rodel caling

Activity: 952
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:37:00 PM

Their shares not only decrease but their profits also goes down. All the money from ads that facebook earns from ICO project is not small. But whatever, ICO will come back on facebook some days

Sorry dude but need to moving on forget it thats old news Facebook are turning back again in the crypto and facebook in the latest news after banning made own coins.
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 11:40:59 PM

This might be a protest of crypto inventors who owns facebook stock

requiredto

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:14:18 AM

Now when they are not eligible to advertise on them they are crazy and the flow of money may have stopped completely for Facebook. Not only this, I am also sure that google will also see dramatic motion on their earnings if they start banned bitcoin ads. I do not think that this loss for Facebook will not be much for them. I do not think Facebook will even revert their decision on its ban unless electronic money goes into more acceptance. However, the benefits will still be transferred to Facebook no matter what.
blackbold

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:39:16 AM

in my opinion, perhaps the reason for the decline in facebook shares is not just caused by banning Bitcoin, almost of companies get the same, this may be due to the weakening world economic situation.
Alexmagn84

Activity: 517
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:50:48 AM

Basically ico coin sales some depends successful ico Facebook adds, because many ico investor received ico news Facebook, twitter and others. So Facebook need to ico coin sales increase and Cryptocurrency market relies lot of news.

Idowuogbo

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:58:21 AM

This should serves as a strong warning notice to social media that operates ads that crypto is not something they can joke with. crypto went really deep red after that followed by the Google ban. I don't think this loss for Facebook won't be that much major for them. The idea that Facebook, when it comes to marketing, has the large space for new and different people to market their products, not just cryptocurrency. I don't think that Facebook will even revert their decision on the banning of it, unless cryptocurrencies went into more adoption. When they revert their actions from and I am still doubting that it could majorly raise their shares in the market that much since Facebook aren't really the one that you could rely on major marketing strategy due to its massive space for marketers.
adnandanish102

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:16:15 AM

Many crptocurrency websites are using facebook to advertise them by ICO campaign programs and millions of ads are posted on facebook but if facebook change its advertisement policy against bitcoin then this policy will applied same on other website and shares will definitely fall.
maivui5411241@gmail.com

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:18:54 AM

They dropped the ban at the end of June 2018 and moreover they are looking to learn blockchain and crypto
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:21:25 AM

Shares of Facebook fell by almost 5 percent on Monday following research claiming the recent data breach that exposed 50 million people is a systemic problem for the social network.It was "made clear in the reporting is that Facebook did not make sufficient efforts to recover users' data, which then informed ad targeting in the 2016 US election. It also did not disclose the leak to users or investors," Pivotal Research analyst Brian Wieser wrote in a note to clients Monday, as quoted by CNBC.

"We think this episode is another indication of systemic problems at Facebook … We see enhanced risks for the company, but no near-term tangible impact on its business." The company recommends selling Facebook shares, saying they are likely to fall from $185 to $152 per share. "Regulators will take a tougher line on sharing data across Facebook's apps, especially including WhatsApp and the core Facebook platform."

https://www.rt.com/business

but that was not caused by ICO ads ban, it was because what happened with cabridge analytica followed by nuremous lawsuits against facebook. It's important to make the facts straight

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
boss1dg

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:30:11 AM

Facebook already withdraw its decision to ban crypto ads in june , also i saw their team member and sibling of mark zuckerberg in one of the crypto project as adviser . so they are learning and doing more research on blockchain technology .

rudox

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:41:31 AM

I know that some how the fortune of facebook will be affected even if for any other thing the revenue those advert would have bring in. But i notice facebook team later relax the ban and makes it flexible that only confirmed scam project will not be accepted. In a way the ban has help to ward off scam project.
johnwest

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503

BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:42:31 AM

I think giant companies still need to understand the importance and implementation of blockchain technology. I see a google ad for an ICO, I dont know how they managed to put it, still it means that there is a way.

.USD Stablecoin Aggregator.                                              ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀█
                                            ▄▀      ▄
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █        █
          ▄▄▀▀▀             ▀▀▄▄    ▀▀▄   ▄▀       █
  ▄     ▄▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▄      ▀▀▄▄   █  █       ▄
▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █ ▄▄ █         ▀ ▄        ▀▀▄█▀▀        █
█ █▄ ▀ ▄█ ▀▄▄▄▄▀   █  ▄    ▀▄        ▄          ▄▄
█ ██               █  █     █   ▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▄          █
█ ▀ ▄▄            █   █   ██▀▀▀     ▄ █▀▀▄       █
 ▀▀   ▀▄       ▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▀▀  ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀ █    █      ▀
         ▀█▄▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▀         ▄▀▀▀  ▄▀      ▀▄     █
               ▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▀          █    ▀
                                               ▀▀█▄▄▄█