Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:57:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "BlackArrow" ASIC's, Trustable?  (Read 3948 times)
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:08:27 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2013, 08:23:47 PM by DyslexicZombei

To be honest with the OP, anything this DyslexicZombei guy does is throwing up red flags for me. I'm not saying he's a scammer, but he comes across as very eager to get your BTC.

I'm a John K. Escrow vetted IT engineer that helps offer the best at-cost and below-cost deals to the forum. John K. knows where I live if anyone gets scammed. I've never scammed anyone in my life and don't intend to start (you know how f'n stupid that would be to lose my job over $50-60K? Not worth it at all) Here's one wallet I use for GBs; it's done over 262 BTC worth of transactions without a single incident: https://blockchain.info/fb/1c5r7t

I attempt to be as transparent as possible with our Group Buy funds, so I use custom signed transactions.

I really don't need your money or BTC. If you want to join the GB, then that's fine. If you don't, that's fine too. I know that this may be hard to fathom since we have scammers left & right on these forums but I only started our co-op to try to give "little guy" miners access to scam-free Institutional Pricing. That's it.

I'm no greedy mofo or some guy starting a fake ASIC company like ASX Project or Phoenix Technologies. We've been successful with this model, which is the friendliest and cheapest GB deals you'll find. I spend 20 hours+ a week of my free time (for months for free) to try to give the community the best deals around and to keep things humming along. Unless you've been in our shoes: you have no idea how much work it takes to be  GB Coordinator on these forums. Lots and lots of thankless work (and distrust and accusations without proof (not necessarily you, but other people) ).

I don't make a direct profit off *any* of our at-cost or below-cost GB shares. The extra funds we build into the share price go right into our UPS/AC/Gas Generator/facility improvement funds. AFAIK: No other co-op can claim a better ASIC mining set up then our co-op. We have the lowest priced GB shares anywhere and it's priced that way on purpose. My eventual cut is 0.25-0.37% of the miners BTC earned as part of a commission from the world's lowest Hosting/management fees of 2.75%. In other words, in the near term: I'm not exactly going to get rich off of this percentage of mining output.  Roll Eyes

No one hosts miners for free. It costs money to host miners. It's cheaper for me to have bobsag3 run our miners then for me to pay 8x his electricity rate to run them in Hawaii. The usual fee for this for GBs and miner hosting is 3% and above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 08:27:47 PM

To be honest with the OP, anything this DyslexicZombei guy does is throwing up red flags for me. I'm not saying he's a scammer, but he comes across as very eager to get your BTC.

I'm a John K. Escrow vetted IT engineer that helps offer the best at-cost and below-cost deals to the forum. John K. knows where I live if anyone gets scammed. I've never scammed anyone in my life and don't intend to start (you know how f'n stupid that would be to lose my job over $50-60K? Not worth it at all) Here's one wallet I use for GBs; it's done over 262 BTC worth of transactions without a single incident: https://blockchain.info/fb/1c5r7t

I don't need your money or BTC. I only started our co-op to try to give "little guy" miners access to scam-free Insitutional Pricing. That's it.

I'm no greedy mofo or some guy starting a fake ASIC company like ASX Project or Phoenix Technologies. We've been successful with this model, which is the friendliest and cheapest GB deals you'll find. I spend 20 hours+ a week of my free time (for months for free) to try to give the community the best deals around and to keep things humming along. Unless you've been in our shoes: you have no idea how much work it takes to be  GB Coordinator on these forums. Lots and lots of thankless work (and distrust and accusations without proof (not necessarily you, but other people) ).

I don't make a direct profit off any of our at-cost or below-cost GB shares. We have the lowest priced GB shares anywhere and it's priced that way on purpose. My eventual cut is 0.25-0.37% of the miners BTC earned as part of a commission from the world's lowest Hosting/management fees of 2.75%. In other words, in the near term: I'm not exactly going to get rich off of this percentage of mining output.  Roll Eyes

No one hosts miners for free. It costs money to host miners. It's cheaper for me to have bobsag3 run our miners then for me to pay 8x his electricity rate to run them in Hawaii. The usual fee for this for GBs and miner hosting is 3% and above.

What material products have you actually sold? What engineering college did you go to? Why do you have so much free time as a fully-employed engineer? How old are you? These are the questions that jump out in my mind before I would give you btc. With all due respect to John K. having him hold your contact information does nothing to stop you from running with $50k, changing your legal name, and buyers never hearing from you again. We've heard scammer after scammer "try to help the little guy."

What legit BTC businesses do is

1. Not hide their identity, even if it's safe and sound with "John K."
2. Provide references to their past work
3. Have a phone number that rings to them during business hours
4. Not spend so much time drumming up business before actually delivering anything

You don't need to respond to any of this, but that's what I look for when evaluating people on these forums.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:39:39 PM

DZ - I wouldn't even bother replying to eroxors, he's nothing but a troll, just looking to make trouble.  There are no answers you can give him that will "satisfy" his trolling.  Let me suggest that you examine a few of his past posts. 

He has no clue that your GB involves BA only because they're the ones fabbing your boards with the Bitfury chips the GB organizers bought and sent to them.
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 08:56:29 PM

DZ - I wouldn't even bother replying to eroxors, he's nothing but a troll, just looking to make trouble.  There are no answers you can give him that will "satisfy" his trolling.  Let me suggest that you examine a few of his past posts.  

He has no clue that your GB involves BA only because they're the ones fabbing your boards with the Bitfury chips the GB organizers bought and sent to them.

Ah...well I try to give people the benefit of a doubt. I graduated as an Electronics Technician out of the University of Hawaii system with a CCNA cert. I earned my way to a Network Engineering position thru experience and OJT. I don't give my personal info out to strangers because I work as a DoD contractor (plus, too many weirdos on the interwebs). I *make* the time to make it work. I'm up till 10-11PM most nights, jump on before work, and check my phone for major issues.

We're *not* an incorporated business as it's a co-op that just grew. However, we've grown so much, we are looking at officially incorporating and upgrading our site to a pro site.

I'll just leave this here. You're not going to find these unclass DoD operational pictures posted by anyone else online:

My old job (this is me as user: KauaiDKer, trying to give away a good paying Sr. Tech job in Hawaii at a National Lab in the middle of a recession; you know: your usual scammer behavior)  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes :

http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1373159
http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/showthreaded.php?Number=1373957&page=0

My photo gallery: http://s286.photobucket.com/user/SurfSkateKauai/library/?sort=3&page=3
eroxors
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2013, 09:07:38 PM

DZ - I wouldn't even bother replying to eroxors, he's nothing but a troll, just looking to make trouble.  There are no answers you can give him that will "satisfy" his trolling.  Let me suggest that you examine a few of his past posts. 

No... I'm in a bad mood.

Also, I'm simply replying to the OP's question. In my opinion, there are very few "trustable" operations. Clearly you and DZ are business partners, you may very well be legit, but I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt. Your accounts are both new. What have you actually sold? Have you had successful transactions with members of the forums that will vouch for you? These are things to consider.

-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:15:18 PM

DZ - I wouldn't even bother replying to eroxors, he's nothing but a troll, just looking to make trouble.  There are no answers you can give him that will "satisfy" his trolling.  Let me suggest that you examine a few of his past posts.  

No... I'm in a bad mood.

Also, I'm simply replying to the OP's question. In my opinion, there are very few "trustable" operations. Clearly you and DZ are business partners, you may very well be legit, but I'm not giving you the benefit of the doubt. Your accounts are both new. What have you actually sold? Have you had successful transactions with members of the forums that will vouch for you? These are things to consider.

Yes to those.

GB 5 was a KNC Jupiter - 100 shares sold - first R5 dividends distributed October 15th.  8 days of hashing = 11.8 BTC distributed
GB 6 was also a Jupiter - 100 shares sold - first R5 dividends distributed October 15th   8 days of hashing = 11.8 BTC distributed.

You are welcome to visit the threads for the payout info - some of the members have chosen to not be anonymous:

R5:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=304377.msg3358420#msg3358420

R6:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=305886.msg3358484#msg3358484

bobsag3

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:26:08 PM

No... I'm in a bad mood.

I have over 20k in customers equipment currently in my warehouse (minimum). Im about to receive ~300 16 chip BF boards, I have serveral signed agreements with Black Arrow, My business information AND number are publicly available, and I dont sleep, so Im happy to talk to pretty much anyone about anything.

And the fabbing/chips is not true, so please re read the thread. I paid for the Chips AND Assembly out of my pocket, and neither minersource or the GB by DZ will be paying me until I deliver these boards (as per my agreements with them). Thats how they can offer the prices they do, and the refund guarantee that they do. I wont get a cent of anyones money until I have taken delivery, and have started shipping. If this does not happen on or before Friday the 1st of NOvember (as stated in many many places) anyone who wishes to have a refund will get one, as none of the pre-order money will have been spent. Consider it a escrow of sorts to make sure I deliver.
metal_jacke1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:31:38 PM

No... I'm in a bad mood.

I have over 20k in customers equipment currently in my warehouse (minimum). Im about to receive ~300 16 chip BF boards, I have serveral signed agreements with Black Arrow, My business information AND number are publicly available, and I dont sleep, so Im happy to talk to pretty much anyone about anything.

And the fabbing/chips is not true, so please re read the thread. I paid for the Chips AND Assembly out of my pocket, and neither minersource or the GB by DZ will be paying me until I deliver these boards (as per my agreements with them). Thats how they can offer the prices they do, and the refund guarantee that they do. I wont get a cent of anyones money until I have taken delivery, and have started shipping. If this does not happen on or before Friday the 1st of NOvember (as stated in many many places) anyone who wishes to have a refund will get one, as none of the pre-order money will have been spent. Consider it a escrow of sorts to make sure I deliver.

Apparently the coins under eroxors name seem to give him the false pretense that it could be used in a forum-like dick measuring contest. The "you're new so you're not legit" logic went out the window when hero members started to become scammers. If he wants to pleasure himself by being in the BFL preorder line for a year, I'd say let him.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 22, 2013, 09:49:17 PM

BTW: the prototype boards were finished on Fri./Sat. last week, which is when that pic was taken I just added to the R11 OP (thanks jackrabbiit for reminding me; the BA pics were from R10)

The full assembly is already underway.

I also heard from bobsag3 that Kanos has been shipped a free BA board to get cgminer working well with this BA design.
I can confirm all these things, and I asked Kano to come in here and verify his involvement.
Yep I have a tracking number for the board ... it's indeed on it's way to me.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Bicknellski

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:34:27 AM

No... I'm in a bad mood.

You had me at "I PAID FOR CHIPS & ASSEMBLY OUT OF MY POCKET."

We can obviously wait for those who ordered to get their units or we can also wait, if there is a failure to deliver on time, for quick and responsible refunds. I suspect that if everyone did business this way then there would be fewer problems. Given what I know I am pretty confident about bobsag3 delivering either on time or a full refund without any long drawn out BS and that has little to do with his time on the forums and age of his account or number of posts. People can do the leg work and check out bobsag3 operation and see whether or not it is legit. Basing your evaluation on age of an account on these forums or dealings with other members on the forum is not the minimum one should do when dealing with people on these forums you have to go beyond that. I would take more value from the total number of complaints and bashing threads about a company or member in this forum. For example take a look at the volume and variety of bashing of BFL / Avalon vs. that of KNC, bobsag3 etc. The negativity that the community projects onto some in these forums is definitely warranted. Bobsag3 and his outfit hasn't garnered any negative feedback yet from what I can ascertain and that does mean alot.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
eroxors
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 01:53:35 PM

No... I'm in a bad mood.

Apparently the coins under eroxors name seem to give him the false pretense that it could be used in a forum-like dick measuring contest. The "you're new so you're not legit" logic went out the window when hero members started to become scammers. If he wants to pleasure himself by being in the BFL preorder line for a year, I'd say let him.

You're putting words in my mouth. What I said was that DyslexicZombei throws up red flags for me. It's unclear to me if DZ is affiliated with BA or just a customer. The general suggestions for what to look for prior to sending BTC to a hardware seller still apply.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 02:01:43 PM

No... I'm in a bad mood.

You're putting words in my mouth. What I said was that DyslexicZombei throws up red flags for me. It's unclear to me if DZ is affiliated with BA or just a customer. The general suggestions for what to look for prior to sending BTC to a hardware seller still apply.
DZ just helps coordinate the group buys. As a BA affiliate (he is not, I am) I cannot organize group buys, but I can sure as hell buy the equipment and donate it "at cost" so to speak. I hope this clarify it for you, if not, more than welcome to answer more questions.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:59:30 PM

I have never heard anything (not even a refusal) from BlackArrow with regard to development or BFGMiner support, despite inquiries from both myself and their own customers.
So while I'd tend to think their ASICs will actually be delivered, it should be noted they seem to either be having some major communications problems, or are in bed with the cgminer troll(s).
It is unlikely that BFGMiner will be able to provide support for any more of their devices unless someone (not necessarily BlackArrow) can contribute a device or driver.

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:17:33 PM

I have never heard anything (not even a refusal) from BlackArrow with regard to development or BFGMiner support, despite inquiries from both myself and their own customers.
So while I'd tend to think their ASICs will actually be delivered, it should be noted they seem to either be having some major communications problems, or are in bed with the cgminer troll(s).
It is unlikely that BFGMiner will be able to provide support for any more of their devices unless someone (not necessarily BlackArrow) can contribute a device or driver.
Would you like me to talk to them about it? They have been pretty busy- Im sure we can get something worked out. If you wouldn't mind dropping me a PM to remind me, Ill get on it as soon as they wake up (its... 415am over there).
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:19:49 PM

Would you like me to talk to them about it? They have been pretty busy- Im sure we can get something worked out. If you wouldn't mind dropping me a PM to remind me, Ill get on it as soon as they wake up (its... 415am over there).
Sure, I'd be glad to confirm this is just a communications problem and have it resolved. Smiley

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:36:14 PM

BlackArrow has successfully produced and shipped Lancelot clones.  I have a 10 of them on my desk.

I understand they also successfully produced and shipped Avalon clones, though I don't have any of theirs myself.

I see no reason to doubt their ability or integrity when it comes to producing and delivering BitFury-based boards.

Their Prospero/Minion chip is another matter (it's way harder to make a chip than a board), but that's not the topic of this thread.

I also cannot comment on the trustworthiness of the GB coordinator (I've not done any research), but again that's not this thread's topic.

(Disclosure: I have a Prospero pre-order with BlackArrow.)

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:23:54 AM

Sure, I'd be glad to confirm this is just a communications problem and have it resolved. Smiley
Lulz you see that I'm helping them with this and suddenly you're all "OMG how can Jesus weasel in here and yet again try to convince them they shouldn't support cgminer" ... and accuse them of being "in bed with the cgminer troll(s)."

Please don't feed the troll who stole his miner name from me Smiley

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
DyslexicZombei

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:26:44 AM

The first boards are complete.

Here's the first pics of fully populated Black Arrow Bifury Prosperos: http://ecointalk.net/gallery/image/61-img-9928/

I'm assuming the heatsinks from their drawings will be shipped separately so as not to damage the boards enroute.
Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 08:30:57 AM

Preorder??    No more Angry

Who actually believe in preorders this days?

No one, i mean no one can deliver on time anything.
I do understand that something is done and someone have to pay in advance to see if the product will have enough buyer to ROI whole project.

But all preorders look like that:

U buying Ferrari and u paying for brand new 2013 model.
Than after a year you received a Fiat or Alfa-romeo which is 1 year old and have 150.000 miles on the clock.

JOKE

don't forget if they don't deliver 1st nov you get full refund

and to stay on topic i guess "BlackArrow" ASIC's, is trustable

I agree, but if u will put money in cloudhashing like Cex.io, and after preorders u will buy hardware which is in hand from others, that way :

a. u dont wait and bite your nails because not mining but dif is going up
b. money works for itself and once u have enough u going for equipment which is tested, in hand and much cheaper than in preorders.

Dude you have to spend 1000 BTC to get 120 GH if the price was 0.12 (I see it dropped), and why would GH value go up as the supply of GH increases?  cex.io is a scam.

cloudhashing wants $1000 for 20GH.  ($50/GH) you'll quickly be mining as much as the firehose gives away for free.
wickedsick

Activity: 467

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 11:52:18 AM

@Paladin69 ur math is bad

120ghs * 0.12 = 14.4 BTC

also the price is around 0.9

cheers
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: