Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:00:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold?  (Read 1180 times)
massguru

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:47:14 PM

Well, it definitely is! I just believe that bitcoin is a chance for all of us. It helped me to achieve some goals in my life and that’s actually a big thing for me. I’m not looking for a quick money, i’m patient enough and for sure i’ll continue to support bitcoin.

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:54:58 PM

Maybe so. The blockchain platform really gives bitcoin and some of the emerging market to serve as gold. So, in some areas we can agree that bitcoin can be said to stand as digital gold.
camport

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:04:09 PM

In a way yes, It has intrinsic value due to amount of money it costs to create one in a similar way to silver or gold. Gold way used to trade for 1000s of years and I think it is very possible this is the next evolution.

IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD
Vladv26

Activity: 321
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:16:46 PM

I don't think we can consider bitcoin as being digital gold because bitcoin is one thing and gold is another thing. They are very different from each other. First of all gold is a materialistic thing that you can touch. People trust gold and know the price is going to maintain or increase on a very long term and that's why they think it is one of the best investments.

J A C K B I T   |   FreeSpins & FreeBets      Welcome Bonus     Rakeback VIP Club
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   C R Y P T O   C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S B O O K   ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄
rizkypurwati

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:24:07 PM

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

I really like this statment.
 bitcoin is gold in the form of digital, even more gold in the eyes of some people, and I am sure in the future everyone will say the same with me !!!
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:34:40 PM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.

I think bitcoin tops the list among all cryptocurrencies. Gold has been the symbol of the rich and money. And as we enter the technology dependent society we live in, bitcoin is the "gold" of this era. The next generation will likely to praise bitcoin where the money is digital and transactions are made online. This will help us build our economy ready for the future.
blue_dragon

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

Powered by Artificial Intelligence & Human Experts

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:39:02 PM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.
For me, it is worth and more than a digital gold. Yes, it is mined by the miners just like how gold is ng mined. But gold is tangible and being mined in the rocks or any other land that has a full of minerals on the other hand, bitcoin is not tangible and being mined in the computer, they are both need a lot of energy to be successful.

kastara

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:45:08 PM

This means that bitcoin has begun to grow so that many billionaires double BTC, so big as to be sure that bitcoin is equated with gold and also means the existence of bitcoin is getting accepted. I hope bitcoin can also grow and lead other coins so the market value of bitcoin is rising, as bitcoin transaction rates grow, as well as more project projects using other coins that use bitcoin value benchmarks. Hopefully this can happen with the real development of bitcoin values
Elkafi

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 10:49:02 PM

I think the bitcoin is digital gold, the bitcoin price is higher than gold and it is so popular. Bitcoin is really great and useful for everyone. Bitcoin is for our future so must keep treasuring it. We must keep it and keep trusting it with all our hearts.its my opinion.
simonzenke55

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 11:25:33 PM

I mean if we are going to describe anything as digital gold then bitcoin is surely the right choice for it. It's obviously an asset which people can invest in and make profit from. It's only fitting
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:04:20 AM

yes many of the same sectors of bitcoin and gold, as we have to get them both by way of "mining them" first and the longer "mined" bitcoin and gold get harder then they have similarities in scarcity and ever-rising value.
  gold is believed to be a valuable precious metal, and its value will continue to be more expensive in the future. Therefore, gold is used ranging from valuables, moving assets, and also investment. Bitcoin is also like that. With its total stock of only 21 million "pieces", Bitcoin is believed to be a powerful payment method that can be used to transact or store as valuable goods whose value will continue to rise but the advantage of bitcoin for its simplify while gold already has a level of trust in terms of value
threesome333

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:16:01 AM

Bitcoin converges enough elements to become digital gold. It even exceeds the value of gold in the future. Since the BTC has only 21 million, the amount of gold is still unknown
fatema

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:36:59 AM

In my opinion, Bitcoin can be digital gold. Because Bitcoin prices rise in the same amount of time, just as the price of gold and occasional eclipses. Profit by investing in gold, as well as profit by investing in bitcoin. However, it is true that investing in gold will be less risky, but there is a little more risk in investing in Bitcoin. But if Bitcoin is used all over the world, it will change the state of the economy. As gold is used to enhance the beauty of human beings, Bitcoin is used to provide comfort to people's lives.
vorobev

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:55:46 AM

Yes, you can it digital gold based on the way its value keeps increasing with time. Only difference is governments do not consider it safe or valuable.
kidamazo

Activity: 289

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:38:19 AM

I think it is not really that fine. Golds price is always just growing slightly. But bitcoin is jumping as dumb up and down.
ZNAQ Index
Copper Member

Activity: 67

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:43:13 AM

It’s common nowadays to hear people describe Bitcoin as “digital gold.” The term “mining” itself suggests — quite intentionally — the image of old-time prospectors, clawing through mounds of rock in the hopes of discovering a new vein of precious metal.
When the price of gold rises, people invest in mining equipment and processing technologies, increasing supply and lowering the price. In the long run, the marginal rate of return on gold production should approximately match that of the market in general. If the rate of return is too high, capital will flow in as investors seek economic profits; if the rate of return is too low, capital will flow out as people seek better opportunities elsewhere. Of course, these effects aren’t immediate; gold markets have short-term volatility, but the net result is that the purchasing power of gold remains relatively stable in the long run.

In reality, the “monetary policy” of gold looks nothing like the monetary policy of Bitcoin. Bitcoin has no market dynamic governing its supply. Rather, the supply of bitcoin is fixed, and will end at 21 million tokens in the 2040’s, come hell or high water.
thankyoulord

Activity: 475
Merit: 1

Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 12:43:37 PM

To me, all I can say is that bitcoin is digital gold. It is because the price keeps increasing and cool profit is made through this...

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
thecoder2017

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:13:23 AM

Yes i agree that bitcoin is a digital gold for the reason that its price is even higher than gold and you can get a big profit when you invest with it and we all know that bitcoin is the most popular of all coins and is becoming more valuable everyday i guess.
dinar99

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:19:47 AM

yes, I think so. the bitcoin price is more than gold. so, I think the bitcoin is a digital gold. it is so popular. the bitcoin is best investment.
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:26:33 AM

It can be considered a digital gold because it is also a valuable thing in which you only the one who knows about it , only that bitcoin it is circulating in the digital world, in terms of value it has a high value that you can use it to pay and transact for business , as well as it is also be an investment, its like gold only it is in digital technology.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: