Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:57:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold?  (Read 1180 times)
iryboy

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 06:22:00 AM

As for value concern yes bitcoin is a digital gold but in application both are different.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:35:18 AM

As for value concern yes bitcoin is a digital gold but in application both are different.

Both differs in many terms bitcoin and gold are two completely different entities and cannot be compared with each other as bitcoin is very volatile and can be highly profitable on the other hand gold is very reliable but less profitable and bitcoin has to be very stable to.be considered as online gold.

Am I spamming? Report me!
SyrulRamadhan

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:51:42 AM

Yes Bitcoin is a popular digital gold now in many countries talking about bitcoin, about its positive impact and its negative impact. Some countries accept bitcoin and there are also some countries that reject it
Tavarez

Activity: 700
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 07:54:31 AM

Popular maybe but far from digital gold simply because of some other technically more advanced coins. I will mention some of them with better technology behind: litecoin, dash, ethereum, monero as well.
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:48:20 AM

It is not very correct decision to focus on venture capitalists. These are the most cunning scammers in the world))
SHOWDENY

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:58:38 AM

Bitcoin is termed as digital gold as its value has increased tremendously and also as it has attracted more gold investors.But still,gold has been used as a safer investment for centuries and it's free from high volatile nature which bitcoin lacks.

Yeah, I agree. There are similarities between Bitcoin and Gold. Bitcoin has a limit of production of about 21 million and Gold is a non-renewable resources. Gold served as currency many many years ago, used in trading, payments for services and etc. as Bitcoin does today. And I thing, Bitcoin is equivalent to Gold in the cryptocurrency and may named "DIGITAL GOLD" simply because of its precious value, popularity and being at the top of all currencies.
STERLING98333

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:20:08 AM

yes,bitcoin can be considered as digital gold.Unlike gold is an asset which can be used for buying our necessities but bitcoin is not available everywhere to buy our needs. ;)Gold is being used for about 100 years but bitcoin is just about 10-12 years old.
Conclusion-gold and bitcoin has some similarity but both are different.BUT bitcoin can be considered as bitcoin gold.
tiar4dewie

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 07:34:25 AM

Can be described like that. But the difference is that the price of gold is more stable and even very stable because 90% of the world's population probably knows that gold is a valuable item.
However, bitcoin may only be 20% only knowing and acknowledging that bitcoin is valuable. And this is why it took a long time for Bitcoin to achieve the stability of prices owned by gold

BlockFolksHQ

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:40:10 AM

Bitcoin is the digital gold, although it cannot replace the real gold, but in cryptocurrency, it is the 1st successful coin and it is hardly to replace by other altcoin. Thus it is a gold in cryptocurrency.

mdrakibul

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:51:41 AM

Yes ! Bitcoin is built on an amazing technology. There's a limited supply of it, people are trusting it," h "Remember, this whole revolution came out of a breakdown in trust, it came out of the 'financial crisis where people say, 'We no longer trust financial institutions, we no longer trust governments. Above all we can say that Bitcoin is Digital Gold.
Milonsa

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:21:22 PM

Yes! I agree it's the right, bitcoin is digital gold but its the not real gold.I think bitcoin is digital cryptocurrency gold.it's the very interest and amazing technology.bitcoin some poor  people life in gold, because bitcoin people life change,I'm don't believe bitcoin,now I'm believe it,bitcoin from earn money.I'm so happy and it's my digital gold.
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:24:26 PM

I do not agree with this view.

Bitcoin will never be as valuable as gold. Gold is a precious metal. The world gave us something. Bitcoin is completely human production. My opinion gold will always be valuable.
Radoyan1188

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:42:28 PM

Yeah i think bitcoin is digital gold and I think bitcoin is the first digital cryptocurrency gold. Bitcoin is a digital cryptocurrency gold because of all the coin only bitcoin has the high value in the market. bitcoin is always king in the world of cryptocurrency . so i think bitcoin is digital gold .
Gategold

Activity: 111

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:51:54 PM

Some people are pretend bitcoin as gold, but it's totally different. Although both have in common in terms of characteristics but gold has intrinsic value unlike bitcoin. Bitcoin is only used for profit, it is good for speculative investors.

Amilhussin24

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:11:54 PM

That's very interesting Smiley Bitcoin is like Gold in the internet, it has a high value, and it is a limited supply like Gold and it also can be mined just like Gold.  It is very useful by the help of blockchain technology, can even sent around the world to anyone It is great than Gold.
coinminerdotcom

Activity: 108
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 06:25:51 PM

Both differs in many terms bitcoin and gold are two completely different entities and cannot be compared with each other as bitcoin is very volatile and can be highly profitable on the other hand gold is very reliable but less profitable and bitcoin has to be very stable to.be considered as online gold.

I agree with this statement. You can term Bitcoin as the "gold" of crypto currencies. But that is only due to it being a standard. However unlike gold it is very volatile. The gold standard is a very concrete standard with little fluctuation. While the BTC "gold" standard can jump thousands of dollars within an hour.

Trusted US based Company
coinminer.com
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:27:30 PM

yes bitcoin is digital gold and i can say its more than gold .its asset its life and its future Smiley

pleght

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:29:58 PM

Absolutely I agree.I believe it will be even more valuable than under bitcoin.But for this, the market needs time.We have to wait a little longer.

dzhan

Activity: 743
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:31:39 PM

Gold is an physical asset, while Bitcoin is mainly a crypto currency, but considered as digital asset too, like all crypto currencies almost. Both of them (Bitcoin and Gold) are very valuable, and the demand for them is increasing with time. In my opinion BTC is even more valuable than gold actually, since its price keep rising faster and it keep having very promising potential. But gold still the most trusted asset by the majority of people worldwide.
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:36:37 PM

The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.
Bitcoin is indirectly Digital gold, not digital money, because money is a means of payment, while Bitcoin is sold in order to earn money.  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: