Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:56:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bad are ICOs this year?  (Read 3170 times)
Johnzky

Activity: 616
Merit: 30

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:34:24 AM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
yeah right,i was a victim my self early this year though the ico starts late last year..thats why i a, favor of whats happening about the altcoins prices,and those who's continually losing its value.because this situation may eliminates those shitcoin and might give warning to the icos to stop making shitcoins
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:36:25 AM

The main issue with ICO's is that they are non-regulated and if it came out scam later there is no way you can get your money back. It's advisable to do a proper research before investing into any ICO, main thing to watch out is the team of founders, that is the best way to start your research on any ICO.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 03:38:06 AM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
For me it is not that good projects seems to be nice at first and then when they hit it's target they ran away. Some looks legit but the problem is we are late or maybe we have invested a lot but the market is down as we expected it will move up but unfortunately we got surprised for the opposite result. It is also getting strict since we need KYC's as of this year but good for us and one more thing more legit ICO's will be launching due to regulation so I think scammy one is now in downtrend.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
STIKS1911

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:53:09 AM

Judging by the fact that 46% of ICO turned out to be scammers in 2017, I think this year it will not be better. As long as there is no legal regulator that could punish scammers, everything will continue. We, as investors, need to study a lot of information about each project to find really good projects.

derdgzmn30

Activity: 93
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:02:06 AM

For me, I am lucky joining in a successful ICO bounty campaign because they are well organized they prioritize all investors and bounty hunters. So I don't have a bad experience in ICO this year.

KRIPTON ● THE BITCOIN OF AFRICA (https://kriptonofafrica.com/)
Dluretic

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:02:15 AM

Unfortunately, most of the ICO project is a scam, so as an ordinary investors, it is difficult for us to go to judge a good project, if there is no law to limit the group of fraud, the ICO is still not worth the investment.

goodrus69

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

I also think that most ICO is a scam. There are projects which have the original idea and good dev team, but there is no guarantee that project will be successful in the future.
Rano

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:47:35 AM

Way too many ICOs are currently entering the market. With no money coming in at the moment, it just seems that market is not growing.
Lots of ICOs are not raising the amount an ICO would have raised back in december. I see many ICOs not even raising 2 million+ USD. Either it could be that the project is not that good, but also because people choose to invest in hyped up ICOs. Starting an ICO now in a bear market is in my opinion not a good idea now. A delay later this year could bring better results.
vozyblack

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 11:51:49 AM

I think in ico it will be possible to invest in 2018. The most important thing is to carefully choose ICO.
jinnyjinny

Activity: 280
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:00:46 PM

This why i don't like ico that offer huge discoints during sale/presale, 4-5% pool for bounty hunters. It looks attractive  only on first glance. I a n fact, it can sink the project and truly worthwhile startups don't offer a discount of more than 30-40%. I didnt take a part in bounty of Dropil project, but it has huge pool, look at the token price right now.  Look at Denaro with 5% bounty pool - absolutely scam. 

Stamil

Activity: 406
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 12:25:03 PM

I would say that 99% of the projects going to the ICO do not have a future. Investors no longer look at beautiful pictures and promises. Without the right smart contract and a prototype, the project can be considered garbage.
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280

Araw ICO

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:35:03 PM

I think there are so many promising projects. I already invested in one project and it gave a good profit even at a short distance.

Francis3

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:37:17 PM

I couldn’t find any competitors for project Vreo.io, do you know of any? They are doing dynamic in-game advertising. They are going to create marketplace for developers and advertisers. It will secured by blockchain technology.Moreover, the interests of all parties are taken into account. Developers of small games can attract investments and create high-quality products, for advertisers this project will be useful due to the expansion of advertising opportunities and selected target audience, and gamers will be able to receive quality products cheaper, besides they also receive income from the ads they watched, without interrupting the gameplay. It seems the product meets the gaming and advertising industries' needs. Here is their link at bitcointalk https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2886707

Bounty Campaign:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2898738.msg29810876#msg29810876
Telegram grp https://t.me/vreoico

What is your opinion about the project?

prdn

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:37:53 PM

recently the best ico wanchain was, 7-8x on the exchange has earned
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:39:39 PM

There was a load of ICOs towards the end of last year with many launching this quarter, it is no surprise that the majority of them did not succeed.

With any investment it is a risk but because of the ease at which an ICO can be setup tjey will be prone to a lot of scams so we all should be super vigilant and make sure if something doesn't seem right we let the community know.
-VOL-

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:45:55 PM

I think in this year, in next year and after five-ten years if it is a good ICO with good team, idea, product it will still bring good profit to investors. And it will be very profitable to buy coins at token sale.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:50:02 PM

We are just about to end the first quarter of the year, and considering the amount of backlash crypto has received from the media and financial institutions of the last 3 months, this is not surprising at all. The dust has to settle a bit (it already has), there's still 9 months of 2018 to go. So I don't think we should rule out the successes of ICOs just yet. One thing is certain, people will start being very selective of the ICOs they choose, which is good in the sense that there would now be a higher percentage of well thought through projects will receive serious backing. This will provide the crypto space a more positive name, and less scams involved... hopefully.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:51:13 PM

There was a load of ICOs towards the end of last year with many launching this quarter, it is no surprise that the majority of them did not succeed.

With any investment it is a risk but because of the ease at which an ICO can be setup tjey will be prone to a lot of scams so we all should be super vigilant and make sure if something doesn't seem right we let the community know.

Absolutely right more ico with a same concept are launched this year means the competition tobe success are became harder it sure that most ico project are dying by the end of this year because  of lack of comminication and no real product that why ico project this year are full of competition to gain trust and to survive.

dolcefarniente

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:53:41 PM

In previous years, there were no clear legal norms and responsibilities for the conduct of the ICOs. Therefore, any team that had even delusional ideas could raise considerable funds and only after that they wondered what they would do next.
Currently, the authorities are trying to introduce regulation of the ICO to protect investors from scammers.
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:56:01 PM

the solution is hodl, save your coins or tokens until the end of the year will undoubtedly exceed the price of ico.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: