Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:37:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bad are ICOs this year?  (Read 3170 times)
Tlongbottom

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:00:57 AM

Looking around the bounties board, it’s clear that there are some pretty questionable projects out there right now. Projects without a beta, proper roadmap, and little community engagement. The ones that would worry me more are the telegram groups that have thousands and thousands of memebers on telegram and about 5 messages a day. Large social media followings from airdrops are probably misleading some investors into thinking there is a lot of support where there reallly isn’t.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:03:34 AM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

In my own opinion, the launch of ico's today at early first quarter is just fine since the price of bitcoins and ethereum is still low and their coins might grow up when the hype in the market is on after a few months.
waterproof

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:35:30 PM

In the past and this year there are a lot of ICO. Even among the massive SCAM there are good projects! Such ICO can be seen immediately when there is a working product, partnership.
pharaon

Activity: 753
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 07:46:03 PM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
Indeed, the beginning of the year turned out to be bad for ICO projects and generally for crypto-currencies, but at the moment the market has recovered and investors have become active, such good projects have made it easier to achieve their goals.
Dingdong7

Activity: 138
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:46:56 PM

Its so bad that I came across and invested on some of that scam coins. Thougjh I make a good research about the project Im still got deceive on their looking good coin. I regret I wasted my funds and effort on such coin. Ive learn to be more aware on what legit coin I should choose.
People got too comfortable during the last bull run, thinking the market was easy money. We must not forget to do solid research and pick teams with the best technology or ideas that can lead to the best technology. Simply throwing money into a cryptocurrency without research is gambling.

I also failed studying the white paper really well, I just invest on a coin which the people I know invest to. I'll be reading more reviews from now on so I would know whether it has promising future and a legit one.

●                   ►                   ●      B I T C O I N   V I D E O   C A S I N O      ●                   ◄                   ●
Slots    Video Poker    Blackjack     ──  Classic fun for serious players  ──     Craps    Roulette    Keno    Dice
////////////////////////   PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT   ///   PROVABLY FAIR   ///     REFERRAL PROGRAM     ////////////////////////
Joemzz31

Activity: 308
Merit: 30

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 04:11:44 AM

There is no such negative in ICO companies in this year. As a matter of fact the company of ICO help lots of people to earn a stable instant income.
It is a great thing because they can lessen the poverty rate of each different countries in the whole world.
popotao91

Activity: 45

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:00:38 AM

ICOs are getting worse, the market goes down, making the trend of investing in ICOs go down. Many investors withdraw from the market and cut losses when the market gets worst.
panosdada

Activity: 456
Merit: 102

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:25:31 PM

they're good. it's just that there are a lot more of them and now it's hard to find something really good. a lot of strong teams are engaged in ico, but due to the fact that too much choice good projects are lost

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:28:53 PM

This year was not a good one, if we compare the ICOs to those in 2017. But then we need to remember that 2017 was an exceptionally good year, for Bitcoin, altcoins and ICOs. But even during this year, we had a few quite successful ICOs such as Digix DAO and Veritaseum.
LizaIva

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:29:49 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

they are not so bad, i lost money only on few of them, and they went out on very red market but in total im in good profit,nothing bad with ICOs right, im still making good profits, just choosing really good projects
Wolfman15

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:32:57 PM

In fact, they are good. Simply at the end of the year there is usually a breakthrough, and this is exactly what we saw at the end of last year and the beginning of this year. In fact, we should admit that now it is more difficult to get the project tokens during the ICO because of the seriousness of the companies and their intentions

Tirdok

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:35:44 PM

Yes, I agree that in recent times the ICO does not make a profit.I have stopped investing in ICO for now.
Vova.vova

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:50:23 PM

All the moment, I am an unemployed mother in a decree that doesn’t have the ability to work in conjuction with the care of the child. But I found the opportunity to replenish my family budget without much effort! For this, I’m just using ICO Vireo. Vireo is a really great choice!
soname12

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:53:10 PM

There has been a lot of bad news for ICOs because too many ICO is created every day proects and a lot of scam projects from investors. This year is a difficult year for ICO projects. ICO hope will be improved so that people always invest in ICO projects

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
paramex

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 05:52:09 AM

I think now that small altcoins are thrown out dramatically, especially new coins with the support of a weak society. and people realize that the highest profits still come from ICO. But no matter the short-term price. so we should not forget to do solid research and choose a team with the best technology or idea that can lead to the best technology.
Nolimitz84

Activity: 980
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 06:05:41 AM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Wrong, what do you expect for ICO that just only finished crowdfunding ? A 5x coin price from ICO?
ICO is a long term investment. Every project in ICO have roadmap, they will develop their project.
Once their product used by many peoples, their coin price will be increased. That is your time to collect the profit.
I agree with You.ICO is a long-term investment.If you decide to invest, you need to look at the roadmap and observe the development of the project that ICO conducted.76%-I think You are too much writing.Let's wait until the end of the year and then draw conclusions.I think this year is the best year for ICO

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
PROJECT'S ACCELERATOR
&
INVESTMENT PLATFORM

████████     
               ████            ███████████     
          ███████            ████   █████   
       █████████                    █████   
      ██████████                    ████     
    ███████████                    ████     
   ████████████                  ████       
   ████████████         █       █████  ████   
  ████████████         ██      ███████████   
  ████████████         ████                   
 ████████████        ██████                 
  ███████████        ███████                 
  ██████████                                 
   █████████                                 
   ████████                                 
    ███████                                 
     ██████         ███████████             
       █████         █████████                 
        ███         ███████                   
                   █████                     
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 07:21:21 AM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Wrong, what do you expect for ICO that just only finished crowdfunding ? A 5x coin price from ICO?
ICO is a long term investment. Every project in ICO have roadmap, they will develop their project.
Once their product used by many peoples, their coin price will be increased. That is your time to collect the profit.
Yes, I agree with you. Do not expect a big profit from the new token. Each practical project is designed for a long time of its implementation. We need to monitor the progress of these projects and make a decision on the need for their further retention after the completion of such a project. Therefore, we need more patience, which will then be rewarded with a large price of this token.
bundjoie02

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:10:21 AM

Watch out folks!  Grin

Yes, I agree with you. Do not expect a big profit from the new token. Each practical project is designed for a long time of its implementation. We need to monitor the progress of these projects and make a decision on the need for their further retention after the completion of such a project. Therefore, we need more patience, which will then be rewarded with a large price of this token.

If the project is not successful ofcourse it will result into bad ICO, but that does not mean that the whole ICO is bad, and this year even its in the downtime, I am very much sure that it can recover in the coming months.
poliy1219

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2018, 08:14:07 AM

I took part in three projects ICO this year, and I have lost money. One project began to dump at the time of entry to the exchange, and I even carefully studied the progress of the team and development before taking part in the project. Now I won't be able to easily participate in those packed star projects.
popotao97

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:49:41 AM

Large social media followings from airdrops are probably misleading some investors into thinking there is a lot of support where there reallly isn’t.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: