Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:18:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bad are ICOs this year?  (Read 3170 times)
SistaFista

Activity: 1638
Merit: 251

Hexhash.xyz

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:02:39 AM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

Last year there were many ICOs running. But because there were many scam projects, investors quite afraid to participating.
In this year, the number of ICOs reduced because there are many failed ICOs.
Even the good ICO have token price below ICO price. So i think 2018 is not good.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
            ████ 
       ████████████
       ████████████
       ████ ████     
       ████ ████     
    ████████████     
    ████████████     
       ████     
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
HEXHASH.XYZ
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀
WEB3 INFRASTRUCTURE TO POWER THE
FUTURE CREDENTIAL DATA NETWORKS
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
awakpane

Activity: 1274
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:08:12 AM

according to some current news that many ICOs appear under water. therefore we are more cautious in investing in ICOs, let alone this attack many ICOs are deceiving.
KseniaLard

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:19:44 PM

For me, I was fortunate to join the successful ICO generosity campaign because they are well organized, they give priority to all investors and bounty hunters. So this year I do not have a bad experience in ICO.
latender

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:22:26 PM

That right, In some country.
I heard that they said they can make one fake ICO project within 3 hours.
It's has web, roadmap, technoly, interface .... so on.
So It's so easy.
And Their team only has 5 people.
Do you think about it.?
PeterTom

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:23:23 PM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

It is not a fact, if you will participate in pre-sale, that you will be able to sell your coins at a profit. Many projects after the release on the exchange are collapsing in price and these coins can be bought 5-10 times cheaper than on the official sale. So you need to be careful when investing in ICOs now, there is a big risk that you will lose money.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 05:44:42 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

In each year, ICO projects are always different. There are always good projects, there are bad ones. This year, the situation for the ICO is very bad, because the market is in decline from the beginning of the year. Because of this, investors are very inactive, teams even with promising projects can not raise sufficient funds even for Softcap. However, ICO projects are and are successful. Despite this, the number of ICO campaigns this year doubled and reached 537 in the first half of the year. Now, many ICO campaigns increase the ICO's deadline until about the end of October to capture the period of possible rise of the crypto-currency market. In principle, this is one of the possible ways out of this situation.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
walcott

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:53:39 PM

It hasn't been a very friendly atmosphere for most ICOs this year . Majority struggle to even reach softcap , while a smaller part only achieve their hardcap after several extensions.
Dowrich80

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:14:58 PM

It is not that good ICOs are being launched  steven the good initial coin offerings are turning out to scam many good concepts I've come across such as micro investment strategies for the general public in cryptocurrencies which turned out to be a scam too
Grim149x

Activity: 854
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 07:17:06 PM

I agree, most are underwater especially during this bear market.

It's not that easy to choose an ICO to invest now considering the large numbers of projects to browse and read. I'm really considering investing on blockchain ICOs.

oaks05

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:17:59 PM

ive seen ico's hit there hardcap than are now trading at 1/10 of ico price that alone is a indicator how bad market is right now.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
firmino10

Activity: 372
Merit: 11

elysian.finance

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:23:20 PM

Ico's has been probably the worst this year especially the period of April till date. It has really been frustrating although I had not invested but I have people around me who complain about it on a daily basis. The rate at which exchange rates and projects values falls is really alarming and one can only hope this stops soonest.

ELYSIAN FINANCE      Next generation reverse backed token   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     Github  ◥ Telegram   ◥ Twitter   ◥ Discord             Trustless and decentralized 
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN Elysian Finance   ❰❰❰
traktornut

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:27:23 PM

I agree. like a lot of bounty hunters. have repeatedly seen people quit their jobs with a Bounty due to the fact that ICO is futile and does not give the opportunity to earn.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:30:52 PM

Totally agree with your every point. Most of the ICOs are failed. And some success ICO couldn't help the investors. Investors lost a tone of money in this year. 2017 was the golden year of the cryptocurrency and this year is going to be the worst. Some succeed ICO token price sank on the crypto market, so I think investing in the stable token is better than investing in ICOs.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
skeletica

Activity: 138

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:31:57 PM

2017, I think the worst year for ICO, because I see Altcoin are all cheap.
this may be because BTC fell in that year. but now everything is getting better.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:33:55 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

None to be surprised and I do somehow anticipated this stuff on last years when ICO trend comes to booms up and the scam incidents become rampant.It would really come to a point where interest would subside and hesitations nor doubts will rise up in the side of investors and we are seeing now the effects which is one of the reasons why do ICO failed up to raise a capital not even hitting their min cap.
Trend is over and I don't know if it can manage to sustain further more.
LianaSie

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:47:53 PM

Interesting ariticle, thank you for sharing. I am wondering how long it can continue like this, more and more people get bored of investing in ICOs I guess, when keep losing money.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Inikoo

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:23:47 AM

I personally only invest in ICO-s in the pre-sale period, mostly through pools. Luckily there are some trustworthy one. But unfortunately, even with the bonuses, many invesment show negative profit.

freakcoins

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:58:34 AM

Many frustrated projects that happens in this year 2018.,so only few were strongly beleive in the ICO's now but as we the members on this cryptocurrency will fight find ways how this stop.,or the best of best is the legit ICO's itself will do the process that this  other shame pretender ICO's will be washout for good.,so that nobody will fear to invest in there projects.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 01:04:45 PM

Considering that your post was made in march, I believe the percentage of ICOs under water already this year has gotten higher than 80% and this has not curtailed the amount of ICOs still raising money. I believe investors should start investing wiser.

bayarau

Activity: 364
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:09:02 PM

I fully agree that 2018 is the sunset for ICO projects. But this deplorable situation arose because the entire crypto-currency industry is in a deep crisis for almost 6 months. Crypto investors now literally have no available funds to invest in new projects, as they have invested the maximum of their assets in the coins that have fallen in price and are waiting for the turn of the crypto market. Maybe after the reversal, everything will change for the better and ICO will once again sparkle or other more promising sources for investment will appear...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: