Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 07:37:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bad are ICOs this year?  (Read 3170 times)
MrBAU

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:17:34 PM

2018 is a difficult year for the whole market, and especially for ICO, many promising projects can not raise money and fall in price. After the beginning of growth, the ICO situation will change.

╫▓▌                                                   ╞▓▒╓▓▓              ╒▓╣
      └                                                    ╠▓▌ └               ╓▓▓
     ▐▓▒  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▄╓▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▄┐    ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌ ▓▓  ┌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓╖ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
     ▐▓▒ ▓▓░   └▓▓ ┌▓▓└   ╙▓▓▌    ╟▓▌ ╓▓▓└    ╟▓▌ ┌▓▓╜    ╙▓▓▌ ▓▓ ▐▓▓└    ╙▓▌  ╘▓╣  ┌▓▓░    ╙▓▓
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ╟▓▌      ║▓▌ ▓▓ ▓▓       ╟▓░ ╘▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▄╕  ▓▓╖    ╓▓▓  ▓▓ ╙▓▓┐    ▄▓▓░  ▓▓┐ └▓▓╖    ╓▄╗
     ▐▓▒└▓▓     ▐▓░╞▓▌     ╟▓░    ┌▓▓  └▀▓▓▓▓▓▀╙    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜   ▓▓   ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░   ▀▓▓  ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓╜

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄▄███▄
                    ▄▄███▀▀ ██
               ,▄████▀'    ▐█▌
           ,▄████▀-  ▄&    ██
       ,▄███▀▀    ╓▄▀     ██▌
   ▄▄███▀▀     ,▄█▀      ▐██ 
╔███▀▀       ▄██▀        ██¬ 
██▄,      ▄███▀         ▐██   
 ▀▀█████████▀           ██   
       ██████▄▄        ██▌   
       ██Ç  ▀█████▄▄, ▐██     
        ██Ç ╔██` ╙▀▀████-     
         █████               
          ▀▀╙                 
JOIN US
ON TELEGRAM

████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
           ████████           
      τgggg████████▌gggr     
        ██████████████`       
         `██████████'         
 ███       ╘██████▀       ███
 ███²        ▀███         ███
 ███²          `          ███
 ███╦╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓╓███
 ████████████████████████████
READ OUR
WHITEPAPER
latender

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:20:17 PM

less and less ICO project.
Most of ICO projects are  scam projects.
mensha

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:29:35 PM

Yes, this is really true. Most of the bounties which I have recently joined and participated are scams. They don't even distributing tokens. Some of them are just distributing the tokens but they never come to the exchanges. So we have to select good ICO projects wisely for getting profit.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:36:38 PM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
I have joined several successful bounty Swissborg gather (50M$)  & Arbidex almost 16M$ Datarius which also collected good numbers in ICO  I thought I would earn good profit as all have positive feedback and lot of investor invest heir hard earned money but when this coin listed in exchanges all drops by almost -80% already maybe affected by bearish market so now investors are having second thought to buy coins during ICO as majority if ICO coins are dropping its price when listed in exchanges.
margaret22

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:23:17 PM

The problem is simply, that there are too many ICO-s, 3-4 ICO in every day, it is just not possible to have that many great idea. If the bad projects will keep failing, maybe this market will clear out a bit.

5stringer

Activity: 185

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:25:00 PM

The primary issue with ICO's is that they are non-controlled and in the event that it turned out trick later its absolutely impossible you can recover your cash. It's prudent to complete an appropriate research before putting into any ICO, primary concern to keep an eye out is the group of originators, that is the most ideal approach to begin your exploration on any ICO.
waterisgood

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:25:12 PM

The problem is simply, that there are too many ICO-s, 3-4 ICO in every day, it is just not possible to have that many great idea. If the bad projects will keep failing, maybe this market will clear out a bit.
If there is that many ICO's then they should just try to slow down and focus on making money.
meklinks4

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:09:46 PM

I will always emphasize due diligence in your personal research before indulging to invest in an ICO, wether the market is bearish or bullish.
Not all ICOs have a bad record. You can see some extending  their ICO/bounty duration for one lapse or the other. Again, a situation where one person buys into a fifth of an ICO is not really good for me. Check out at what is happening to Seele and you'll understand.

If you do your homework very well; a non performing coin today will definitely have a reason for bn in that situattion. Give it more time and you'll definiely reap from your investment. Crypto trading needs patience. 
NetCastle

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:19:36 PM

Select ICO project is getting harder and harder, about half turn out to be a scam that simply collects money and then does not distribute anything.
jwplayer0
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 30

[REP] Augur

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:31:06 PM

Many past ICOs are now trading below the ICO price. I hope the reversal of this situation will correct in the near future.

Kapee

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 07:03:56 PM

It is so devastating that most ICO's are fake and people use to invest in these ICO's. I nearly fell victim of this when i saw a project and nearly invested $1000 into the project. Lets be vigilant and make the right decision.

TWOGAP // Thriving Cryptocurrency Market With Cryptobonds
MoeKaloolon

Activity: 115

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:46:30 PM

They are not doing so bad for themselves so far. The only problem  is the presence of scam projects all over the place now. Iy just makes it hard to trust these ICOs and invest in them. It is a sad thing really, especially for the really good ones that gets affected by these scam actions. My only wish would be that a way to get rid of these scam ICOs is made and the good ones are left to flourish.
TontomHit

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:08:47 AM

That is true, this is not the year of the ICO-s yet, but also not for other coins too, let's be honest. We can talk about 0,9X profits of ICOs, while mature coins shot 0,1X-es.

lekleklek

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:09:36 AM

i dont think most people realize how completely rekt ico's are right now .... most hit the market at least 80% below token sale price.
dadanpradana

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:32:49 AM

I think the purchase of ICO tokens has no effect on the decline in Ethereum prices.

we can take the example, if the Ethereum Q1 is around $ 800 then at $ 400 Q3 Etheruem, it will not affect 1 Ethereum = 4000 ICO tokens.

because the effect on the cryptocurrency price is FIAT.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:06:29 PM

ICOs are not doing as good as everyone predicted that they would do as at now. They are taking the lowest recorded amounts of money in history which means that they are not doing very well at this point. The fact that there are so many scam coins now and so many people are too scared to invest in icos because of these scams are not helping the fate of the icos either.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
sultanGol

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:43:42 AM

Even Bitcoin lost 2 / 3 of it's value since the peak. In this bearish mood, ICOs can also not work profitable. When a true bullmarket will come, ICO-s will also be more profitable.

jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:59:24 AM

Very bad, this year I would say we have a record number of ICO scams that are being perpetuated by scammers. The more there are of this ICO scams, the more money will leave the market once these scammers take out their money from the market. This has not being a good year for icos since more and more people are getting scared of investing in them.

MonsterBlazer

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:37:52 PM

really this is a bad situation, I've participated in some ico but I didn't get anything, even I lost money. all you have to do is check the road map, so you don't choose the wrong one. there are still lots of good ico.
lily9002

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:07:15 PM

I think it is not really a matter of whether they are good or bad individually, it is that there are simply too many of them, which leads to the market being overcrowded by just OK projects.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: