Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How bad are ICOs this year?  (Read 3170 times)
Gouido

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:11:43 PM

I think we should take current market conditions into account as well. With the whole market severely dipping, it is no surprise that a lot of ICOs are struggling/failing.

Which is also why ICO projects with working products are a much safer bet at the moment.

Finally, like any financial market, there are ups and downs, and there is nothing to do about it.

Take care and good luck to everyone Wink
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:19:01 PM

This year, the situation with the ICO is very bad, because now the falling market and so many people have lost a lot of money, so now you need to be very patient with the patience to finally wait for the growth of the crypto-currency market.
carcas

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:21:36 PM

The crypto market that has affected the condition of the ico project is bad this year. many enthusiasts are not sure to invest in the ICO project this year due to the decline in the crypto market.
Tejas05
Copper Member

Activity: 560

NextPakk

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 02:22:44 PM

Yes, ICOs are having tough time raising money this year due to market sentiment. Some ICOs pause their token sale until this bear market changes to bull market.

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
eroejoe

Activity: 602
Merit: 54

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:25:18 PM

This year, the situation with the ICO is very bad, because now the falling market and so many people have lost a lot of money, so now you need to be very patient with the patience to finally wait for the growth of the crypto-currency market.
I agree with you in part where you say that situation with ICOs is very bad. Most of ICOs did not fulfill our investment goals, and in most cases it is better to invest after ICO.
In my opinion, if you want use tokens which are you buying in ICO phase, than it is good option, but if you are buying for reselling afterwards it is not good idea.

BTC
Anicasalar

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:32:27 PM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
I absolutely agree with this statement. Now you can visually notice the poor condition of most of the ICO's on the market. Many of them are scammers, while others offer frankly weak products. Although, if you want, you can still find promising and useful projects for society, you just need to work very hard for a suitable choice.
xenosaga

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:56:04 PM

News headline says "76% of This Year’s ICOs Are Already Under Water"  and most of these are ICOs launched at the first quarter of this year.
If you’re going to invest in an ICO, then, the message is clear: be selective, choose blockchain projects over anything else and make sure you get into the pre-sale. Otherwise, you’ll be wasting your time and your ethereum.

Watch out folks!  Grin

https://news.bitcoin.com/76-of-this-years-icos-are-already-under-water/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications

Yes i think i may agree with that. In fact, last year was a blast.
The problem this year is that we are experiencing obvious drought in ICO.
Maybe because investments this year dropped compare last year or maybe this is just ordinary. We'll never know until we get to the last month of 2018. Until then, let's just hope its not too late to invest in an ICO and more importantly let's remain calm and pray it will somehow change for the better.

I think the reason we're experiencing drop in the investments on ICO's is because (well, I think there are lots of reasons but this, in my own opinion, would be the major one) of the reputation of the ICO's recently being scam.
maemunah

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 02:59:14 PM

if I think that this year's ICO is pretty bad, because there are many ICOs that are scam and fraud and the token prices are always low. so for the coming year hopefully ICO is better than years...
MasterICO

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 03:18:47 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

As you noticed its really bad and not favorable time for many ICO and diffinitey this is not the best year for ICO lots of good and very promising platform that has not even reach the softcap its very unfortunate but we must move on as usual.
Early_Waffle

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:09:34 PM

Watch out folks!  Grin

In fact, I believe that virtually every year the situation in the ICO market is approximately the same. Every year there are absolutely different ICOs. Among them, a high proportion of fraudsters and failures. But there are also good projects that can bring profit to their investors with the right choice, personally I continue to invest in this direction now.
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 06:11:13 PM

Only in the last 3 months, ICO funding dropped by almost 50%. No wonder that Ethereum price dropped this much, especially after all the scam ICOs dumping their raised ETH.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 09:08:14 PM

Not so bad, except for the scam projects that we have littered all over the place, I think that Icos have been doing so well for themselves, even with the recent market trends that have not exactly been favorable. We see that s good number of them are still striving hard to make a good name for themselves, and have their stance in the market, and they are trying at that.
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:00:44 PM

Not so bad, except for the scam projects that we have littered all over the place, I think that Icos have been doing so well for themselves, even with the recent market trends that have not exactly been favorable. We see that s good number of them are still striving hard to make a good name for themselves, and have their stance in the market, and they are trying at that.

I agree, if not for the countless scam projects that are out there, the ICOs would have being doing very well but since people are now very wary of scam icos they are less inclined to invest in new coins and the icos are taking a bit of a hit for it. If we consider the fact that we are presently in a bull market then it goes to show that the icos are doing well given the circumstances.
Lina Novach

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:08:31 PM

I only invested two projects this year, and last year I invested more actively. Today I invested in the Scavo project, we'll see Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Opera1p

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:17:15 PM

Only few projects are able to list on exchange above there ICO price, almost every project listing price is lower than the ICO price, this made investor to be afraid, the market is stable down this year
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:23:25 PM

ICOs have been very bad this year. It has been so so ugly for many existing projects/coins as well as newbies and startups. They struggle to get even soft cap and after that they also suffer a huge fate of dying when they list on exchanges. We hope better days come ahead.
bangdol

Activity: 345

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:26:00 PM

I think some of the project ico also ended well, indeed not much since most end tragically. There's even a successful but all looks devastated at the market. This becomes the same, there is no project or work performed.
kipo

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:26:55 PM

I think that they are the same as they were before. To my mind, you need to check the reliability of ICO regularly to know whether you can rely on it or it is just another scam
irinakovallove

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:33:27 PM

I agree, this year really did. A very large number of projects "SKAM", which are difficult to compute. And when there is a worthwhile project, it is lost in the crowd and then a small percentage will remain to be stumbled upon. In 2019 will wait for the improvement of the market and the good Bounty.
elzjmirra

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 08:36:11 PM

Not all of the ICO could enter in Exchange. Most of the coins of the ICO has no value and now the missing coins. And the only coins the ICO has great potential which can be entered in the Exchange. And this is very good but if you see an awful lot of new coin holder. And this new coin holder is certainly disappointed that the coin is not included in the Exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: