Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:37:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is A Blockchain  (Read 1679 times)
Ocha1802

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:29:44 PM

Blockchain is a public ledger that can be accessed by the public. Blockchain shows all the transaction data that ever happened inside the Bitcoin network. You can visit sites like blockchain.info which will make it easier for you to monitor what's going on inside the Bitcoin blockchain.
farukahmed

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:06:48 PM

Blockchain is wallet which is started at the beginning of bitcoin. It's usually use transaction for our client, specially when i transact Blockchain to another wallet because its faster than existed wallet which is familiar among us. What is your opinion guys ?

∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎   BlockMembers.io   ∎∎∎∎∎∎∎∎
|▌ THE FUTURE OF HOME BUILDING IS HERE ▐|
SingAlong

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:42:10 PM

A blockchain is a digital and public ledger which is serves as the record book of every transactions inside the bitcoin. It records the database of transaction between two parties which is called blocks and it records publicly and chronologically.

◆  ◆  ◆  ◇      P L A Z A      ◇  ◆  ◆  ◆            The Intersection of Lifestyle & Technology
[ WHITEPAPER ]     PRE-SALE Starts  │  March 15th, 2018     [ ANN THREAD ]
TELEGRAM        GITHUB       MEDIUM        YOUTUBE        TWITTER        FLIPBOARD        REDDIT        LINKEDIN        FACEBOOK        EMAIL
15putriutami

Activity: 127

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:44:03 PM

Blockchain is a data structure that can not be changed can only be added only. Each data from this blockchain is connected where if there is a change in one of the data block it will affect the next data. With this blockchain every transaction from bitcoin is stored in an Open Ledger which is distributed into bitcoin networks.
yron51

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:07:43 PM

Blockchain is is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography / watch https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=93E_GzvpMA0
Carthages

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 01:30:56 PM

Hey guyz
I am complete noob in crypto. I need to know what is a blockchain? How to use it and what if it goes offline? What affects it will occur on bitcoin.

I have tried understanding it but it looks very complex There may be a simpler way to understand it guys

Thanks for the help

To be clear the entire blockchain is retained on this large network of computers, meaning that no one person has control over its history.  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked  That?s an important component, because it certifies everything that has happened in the chain prior, and it means that no one person can go back and change things. It makes the blockchain a public ledger that cannot be easily tampered with, giving it a built-in layer of protection that isn?t possible with a standard, centralized database of information. 
Rustandy

Activity: 163

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:16:58 PM

Blockchain is a system that does not use such third parties. In essence, records of transactions that have occurred, stored by many computers scattered in the network itself. So it would be harder to hack a system of hundreds or thousands of computers, and chances are small for all of those computers to be interrupted at the same time.
thepers0n

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 05:43:45 PM

Blockchain is the technology the underpins cryptocurrencies. The tech allows digital information to be distributed, but not copied. That means each individual piece of data can only have one owner.
Wahyud11

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 08:15:34 PM

blockchain is a blog that holds transactions, where each block is interconnected through cryptography, thus forming a network.
Jimrch

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 02:29:01 AM

I am just a newbie with crypto and have learned that blockchain is a kind of technology, a technology used to invent these so called Bitcoin. I might say that this technology was very stable since bitcoin system was still alive up to now. It is like an internet, imagine of a web with many networks where in all data was distributed and stored identically on each network which make the system undistructible and less chance that can be hacked. You might want to read infos regarding blockchain below for more informative sites.

https://blockgeeks.com/guides/what-is-blockchain-technology/
ngacengan

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 03:11:39 AM

blockchain is a new technology that has advantages over the security of blockchain also can be used to record all existing transactions, blockchain also has a very transparent transactions.
neovipno1

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 03:28:52 AM

Blockchain 1 database stores information about your Bitcoin address. You can use it to secure your information.
manismanja

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 05:43:00 AM

according to my knowledge blockchain technology such as a ledger that can record all existing transactions, and everyone can see it all, not only that the security owned blockchain is also very high.

●   TOKPIE   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  GET ETHEREUM FOR YOUR BOUNTY STAKES  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  instantly & regularly  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Souldream
Legendary

Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:32:37 AM

Hey guyz
I am complete noob in crypto. I need to know what is a blockchain? How to use it and what if it goes offline? What affects it will occur on bitcoin.

I have tried understanding it but it looks very complex There may be a simpler way to understand it guys

Thanks for the help

“The blockchain is an incorruptible digital ledger of economic transactions that can be programmed to record not just financial transactions but virtually everything of value.” - Don & Alex Tapscott, authors Blockchain Revolution (2016). Information held on a blockchain exists as a shared — and continually reconciled — database. This is a way of using the network that has obvious benefits. The blockchain database isn’t stored in any single location, meaning the records it keeps are truly public and easily verifiable.
yron51

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:42:37 AM

Blockchain is a digital ledger in which transactions made in bitcoin or another cryptocurrency are recorded chronologically and publicly watch this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r43LhSUUGTQ
salintheonline

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 03:49:30 AM

Blockchain is a decentralized ledger technology that uses cryptography to secure the data it stores. This is the one-liner definition, in a broad sense! Now let’s break it down:

Decentralized, meaning there is no single authority which oversees every transaction that happens. Data travels through a relay of servers connected to the internet, making it virtually impossible to trace the data packet route.
Why is it called a ledger? It stores the data relating to each ongoing transaction, like, digital signatures,the transaction time stamp, the amount(in BTC or equivalent) etc in a block, which after verification is added to the existing blockchain.
Cryptography is a technique which uses mathematical formulations and algorithms to change/mask the actual data. Being over the internet this is a very crucial aspect of blockchain as it preserves the identity of the individuals in the transaction.
Aandosq1

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:01:58 AM

Hey guyz

Thanks for the help

Blockchain is a public ledger that can be accessed by the public.
Christian_k

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:10:43 AM

its's same meaning bro, because bitcoin is a blockchain but blockchain is not bitcoin.
blockchain is a public ledger or blockchain is under tecnology bitcoin. Wink
Choy13

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:27:23 AM

A blockchain, originally block chain, is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptograph. Each block typically contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block. For use as a distributed ledger, a blockchain is typically managed by a peer-to-peer network collectively adhering to a protocol for-node communication and validating new blocks. Blockchains are secure by design and exemplify a distributed computing system with high Byzantine fault tolerance.
Roadarks02

Activity: 95

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 04:39:23 AM

its's same meaning bro, because bitcoin is a blockchain but blockchain is not bitcoin.
blockchain is a public ledger or blockchain is under tecnology bitcoin. Wink

Blockchain is the technology being used in bitcoin. Also it is a public ledger where it contains our datas and saved it in a server. Bitcoin is secure by design because it cant be tampered by anyone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: