Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:11:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Is A Blockchain  (Read 1675 times)
Mateo123

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:05:08 AM

Hey guyz
I am complete noob in crypto. I need to know what is a blockchain? How to use it and what if it goes offline? What affects it will occur on bitcoin.

I have tried understanding it but it looks very complex There may be a simpler way to understand it guys

Thanks for the help

There is no universal  definition of a blockchain, bitcoin system is considered the first blockchain, it is digitizes, decentralized public ledger of all crytocurrency transactions,if the transactions are gathered together in blocks and that is blocks that are secured on the chain using cryptography and it is design to be tamper, resistant and produce immutable records, the system qualifies as a blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
v_15

Activity: 141

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:11:20 AM

A blockchain is a digitized, decentralized, public ledger of all cryptocurrency transactions. It is constantly growing as ‘completed’ blocks (i.e. recent transactions) are recorded and added to it in a sequential order, it allows market members to keep track of digital currency transactions without central record-keeping. Each node (a computer connected to the network) gets a copy of the blockchain, which is downloaded automatically.

With a blockchain, many people can write entries into a record of information, and a community of users can control how the record of information is amended and updated. Likewise, Wikipedia entries are not the product of a single publisher. No one person controls the information.

Descending to ground level, however, the differences that make [url]https://medium.com/@bitnautic/blockchain-technology-the-future-of-the-trillion-dollar-shipping-industry-aa6f424b3714[url] unique become more clear. While both run on distributed networks (the internet), Wikipedia is built into the World Wide Web (WWW) using a client-server network model.

A user (client) with permissions associated with its account is able to change Wikipedia entries stored on a centralized server.

Whenever a user accesses the Wikipedia page, they will get the updated version of the 'master copy' of the Wikipedia entry. Control of the database remains with Wikipedia administrators allowing for access and permissions to be maintained by a central
 authority.
binarhingar

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 05:20:00 AM

blockchain is a great book that the recorder operates using modern technology as it uses the internet. blockchain can also be seen by all the people in the world if he has internet access.
Skarga94

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:59:22 AM

built according to certain rules, a continuous chain of blocks (connected list) containing information. Most often, copies of block chains are stored on many different computers independently of each other.Transaction block is a special structure for recording a group of transactions in the Bitcoin system and similar ones. A transaction is considered complete and reliable ("confirmed") when its format and signatures are checked, and when the transaction itself is grouped with several others and recorded in a special structure — a block. The contents of blocks can be checked because each block contains information about the previous block. All blocks are built in one chain, which contains information about all operations ever performed in the database. The very first block in the chain-the primary block-is considered as a separate case, since it does not have a parent block
EEEian

Activity: 246
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:01:22 AM

Blockchain = transparent centralized ledger that employs single entry accounting to keep track of no ones liabilities denominated in a common unit(bitcoin) whose copies are distributed among anyone who wants one.

Bitcoin has no final demand, its just a collection of liabilities that belong to no one. Like if I have $100 in my bank account, someone else has -$100. It always equals out to zero, in bitcoin if I have +100 btc, then what? It isn't backed by a corresponding asset.
MisterStylish

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:18:03 AM

Blockchain has the ability to seriously transform how we exchange value, property, and record information. It is so new that we (humans) probably don't really understand all of the possibilities.

Essentially, the blockchain is a technology that distributes "magic books" that everyone, anywhere, or when ever can review; what's really amazing is (in my analogy) that each book automatically updates itself.

In reality, Blockchain technology is a decentralized database that stores a registry of assets and transactions across a peer-to-peer network. It's basically a public registry of who owns what and who transacts what. The transactions are secured through cryptography, and over time, that transaction history gets locked in blocks of data that are then cryptographically linked together and secured. This creates an immutable, unforgeable record of all of the transactions across this network. This record is replicated on every computer that uses the network.
Robertqueen2

Activity: 826
Merit: 523

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:09:49 AM

Simply, 'Blockchain' is the most revolutionary technology of the time. It has gained its worldwide reputation as Bitcoin, in particular, and altcoins, in general, use it as the very underlying tech that they depend essentially on it. Blockchain has the feature of 'decentralization' which means that it uses many location. Besides, the information and data stored in it are public, and this, in turn, enhance the transparency of transactions among individuals.   

jemerson1420

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:26:00 AM

a relative in other currency or banks that use money.
Jessica2009

Activity: 348

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:38:17 AM

A Blockchain is the backbone of the digital decentralized public ledger of all cryptocurrency . The Blockchain is the best technology in modern era it is because of this decentralized nature data protection and high speed in data processing, most of the sectors are following this technology to better their services. Blockchain technology is effective in making transactions faster without an intermediary this reduces transaction fees . Government fears this Blockchain technology since it is too straight and this might be a huge step in the digital currency world.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
12asdasda

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:49:27 AM

Hey guyz
I am complete noob in crypto. I need to know what is a blockchain? How to use it and what if it goes offline? What affects it will occur on bitcoin.

I have tried understanding it but it looks very complex There may be a simpler way to understand it guys

Thanks for the help

Blockchain is a new application mode of computer technology such as distributed data storage, point-to-point transmission, consensus mechanism, and encryption algorithms. Is a clever application of a cryptographic tool.
roll on

Activity: 175
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:58:34 AM

Hey guyz

Thanks for the help
What is blockchain? Blockchain is just like a wallet thet you can store your bitcoin,etherium and etc. Because blockchain is an all around working wallet and it's worldwide.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:03:39 PM

the blockchain is a system that bitcoin use for their core, blockchain is doesn't have the database, but it use all client for their database and updating every new transaction made, and we all know that blockchain is a transparency system,its meant that we can see the all transaction around the world but we can't do anything with transaction for security

kkukkugaga

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Hello World!

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 12:58:29 PM

Blockchain is a digital ledger wherein the transactions made in btc or any other cryptocurrency are recorded and organized in public. In addition, no one is the admin since all users can access the particular site once they have accounts. Bitcoin is however a type of digital currency that uses techniques to regulate units of currency and verify transfer of funds and working independently. In short, bitcoin can be one of the many applications of blockchain.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
Mr.Dick

Activity: 196
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 01:00:38 PM

Come on try search functio I can remember at least ten similiar questions/threats..

Saddam Bin Delowar
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 07:07:36 PM

Blockchain is a trading system that is associated with a digital technology. Bitcoin is a blockchain but on the other site blockchain is not Bitcoin. Both are more useful for us.
rosstiller

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 07:42:58 PM

There are lot of videos in youtube about blockchain and how it works.
According to INVESTOPEDIA A blockchain is a digitizes, decentralized, public ledger of all cryptocurrency transactions. Blocks are being recorded and constantly generating, where recorded data added to it in chronological order, it allows the participants to keep track of digital currency transactions without central record keeping.
Omosomofa

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:01:51 PM

Blockchain is a continuously growing list of records called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography. Each block typically contains a cryptography hash the previous block, a time stamp and transaction data. By design, a blockchain is inherently resistant to modification of the data. It is "an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way. Blockchain was invented by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2008 for use in the Cryptocurrency Bitcoin as its public transaction ledger. The invention of the blockchain for bitcoin made it the first digital currency to solve the double spending  problem without the need of a trusted authority or central Server. The bitcoin design has been the inspiration for other applications
Gathel

Activity: 40

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:29:32 PM

BlockChain is an integrated transaction logging technology with modern technology, which has a unique, immutable code that revolutionizes the workings of the Internet, banking and other things.
Btcshawn2017

Activity: 61

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 08:36:29 PM

Blockchain is a digital ledger which is responsible for recording every transaction of digital coins like bitcoin and atlcoins in cryptocurrency world.
jonathancool220

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 10:08:48 AM

can say Blockhcain it is the beginning of its form Bitcoin and transactions are all there, we can see Bitcoin transactions out and the time when Bitcoin run from wallet one to another wallet.

Its core is Blockchain's its soul Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: