Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:29:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [WeExchange]WARNING!The Fall of Ukyo II: Ukyo Digs a Hole?!WARNING![WeExchange]  (Read 34607 times)
JaredR26

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 11:36:05 PM

We are now over halfway through Oct 23rd requests. The next couple days withdraws mostly consist of smaller transactions so I think those should go a bit quicker.

Please keep in mind, we have been getting 50 to 100 withdraw requests a day.
At 20 to 50 minutes per manual transfer it is taking a while. We also noticed that larger transactions such as 50btc end up taking about 30 minutes before seeing them advertised to the network, and around 100btc taking as much as a full hour.

The other day I attempted to just move all funds to a new wallet and waited for a bit over 3 hours and the transaction never completed to the network.
At that point I returned to manual transactions. In the mean time I am working on a new system for better load handling and a method try to import the current wallet data to it so that as soon as it is ready we will be able to speed through the remaining withdraws at that time.

At this point I can understand if you wish to open a scammer tag. This has been a very unfortunate event that really caught me off guard but I will work through
everything as fast as bitcoind will let me and continue to work on the quick/permanent fix. I will not fight it but will continue to work through things to fix them and make everything right by everyone. Though if you do open one, I ask that you update it when your withdraw does eventually show up.

Many many transactions go out every day. Many people become happy about their funds and don't bother to post here or do not even know to post here.
I again would like to remind those users who are reading this that if you get your withdraw, please post here so everyone else knows. While I understand your
privacy matters, I am sure people will also be happy to know the amounts too, esp. if you are one of the larger withdraws.

Please keep in mind that BitFunder had almost 10,000 user accounts. I am sure you could imagine the massive spike in withdraws over the last few weeks on WeExchange.

Thank you for your continued understanding and support.
-Ukyo

Hi Ukyo,

Has it occurred to you that you could use Amazon's EC2 to spin up a dozen machines to process payments in parallel?  They'd still have to be done by hand probably, and they'd all need a copy of the wallet, but each transaction could be processed independently without blocking the others.

* If you want some advice or help on how to get this done effectively, PM me and I'll give you tips/commands.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kmtan

Activity: 196

I love Bitcoin

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:15:52 AM

Just another idea that might or might not work. You said that you can send 50-100 btc in about an hour and even small transactions take at least 20 minutes. If you cannot move the whole clogged wallet to a clean one, why don't you send just 50-100btc at a time to a clean wallet. Then you could quickly process many small transactions from there.

I actually have been doing that to get more of the smaller ones done I am skipping around a large withdraw for about 30 minutes to be able to get 4 or 5 out during the same time of the bigger withdraw. It has also been hit or miss. From what I can tell, and note that I am not a bitcoind dev and have not looked at the source, that the issue seems to be bitcoind trying to located unspent inputs to put together to send out. Although this should be a fairly easy process and fast process as I have noticed most transactions do not have more than 5 to 10 inputs. All I can think of is that it has something to do with key management of such a large volume of keys.

-Ukyo

Thanks for the update George. I am trying to post daily at least.
Anyone else that get's a withdraw, please let people know.

Thank you,
Ukyo

Ukyo, i have a withdrawn create at weex on 2013-11-04 19:36:27 Transaction ID   dkUm5IF72PhP82HnamyAbt0eIsOPn5hA.  The withdrawn should be create with inputs.io wallet, please help me to cancel the withdrawn. thanks..i had create ticket and email, if you seen this msg, please help

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 11:50:38 AM

He said he tried to send them all to a clean wallet and it wasn't working after 3 hours. Until he has an alternative solution working, this is just how it is Seb. It's unacceptable to everyone but we're all in the same boat, so all he can do is process in the order of tickets. I've been through this with ukyo in detail on irc, this really is how it has to be done right now. No priorities for anyone.

It sucks but at least ukyo does not appear to be scamming - although doing so much on your own has just bitten him back - and there is no 4k 'hack'.

My ticket date is also 28th. Will post when processed.

Why do you speak about order of tickets? He stated that he works the withdraw requests up, ticket or no ticket shouldt matter. Or did he claim otherwise to you? His statements here sound like tickets doesnt matter.

By the way, i never said i want my withdraw done before others. I want all withdraws done faster. You realize that withdraw requests from yesterday will be done in 38 days with the current speed? People waiting that long will mean a super-gau for ukyo.

So he tried sending all bitcoins to another wallet and it failed. But he claims it works to send a certain amount to another wallet to work up smaller transfers from there then. So there is a sweet spot where it still works.

Anyway. Every wallet has a private key. And with that private key the whole wallet can be imported into bitcoin-qt, for example. And there bulk transactions can be done. I think there is a good chance that bitcoin-qt can handle that amount of addresses that bitcoin-d cant handle. Importing a wallet has nothing to do with sending all bitcoins to another wallet in case you dont know that. (It sounded like this because i spoke about importing the private key into another wallet and you answered about sending all coins to another wallet.)

I dont want a special treatment but its not acceptable to wait another 10 days on top of the 14 i already wait. And im sure many others need their money too.

Im fully aware that ukyo is working hard but i want to hear what hindrance there is to import the private key(s) into another wallet.

Thanks!

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Bananery

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:13:28 PM

Hi Ukyo,

Has it occurred to you that you could use Amazon's EC2 to spin up a dozen machines to process payments in parallel?  They'd still have to be done by hand probably, and they'd all need a copy of the wallet, but each transaction could be processed independently without blocking the others.

* If you want some advice or help on how to get this done effectively, PM me and I'll give you tips/commands.

Hello Ukyo, try this or something else. Why don't get more CPU power from somewhere, so it will take 1 minute instead of 30? You know the time depends on how much computation power you got, right?
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:24:40 PM

We are now over halfway through Oct 23rd requests. The next couple days withdraws mostly consist of smaller transactions so I think those should go a bit quicker.

Please keep in mind, we have been getting 50 to 100 withdraw requests a day.
At 20 to 50 minutes per manual transfer it is taking a while. We also noticed that larger transactions such as 50btc end up taking about 30 minutes before seeing them advertised to the network, and around 100btc taking as much as a full hour.

The other day I attempted to just move all funds to a new wallet and waited for a bit over 3 hours and the transaction never completed to the network.
At that point I returned to manual transactions. In the mean time I am working on a new system for better load handling and a method try to import the current wallet data to it so that as soon as it is ready we will be able to speed through the remaining withdraws at that time.

Nice to hear from you.

I'm sorry if you've explained that before, but this sounds like a bug in bitcoind to me. Are you in contact with a capable coredev to try to fix it? Do you know what's wrong with the wallet?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:27:25 PM

Hi Ukyo,

Hello Ukyo, try this or something else. Why don't get more CPU power from somewhere, so it will take 1 minute instead of 30? You know the time depends on how much computation power you got, right?

I don't think this can be distributed. There's a good chances the instances would try to spend the same coins... only one can win because, you know, bitcoin has measures against double spend attacks Wink.

maybe I misunderstand, though?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Bananery

Activity: 108

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:02:19 PM

Hi Ukyo,

I don't think this can be distributed. There's a good chances the instances would try to spend the same coins... only one can win because, you know, bitcoin has measures against double spend attacks Wink.

maybe I misunderstand, though?

Are you sure you can't clone the system and then send different transactions? Wouldn't the wallet client just make sure that there are coins to spend and updates the wallet automatically from the network if there were made transactions from another instance of the wallet?

And if you can't do that, then would it make sense to get as fast machine as possible? So if Ukyo puts the client on a twice as fast machine, the numbers of sends would double?

Edit.
In this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=224619.0 they are talking it's possible with many clients, as long as you don't spend coin on an empty wallet. If there are funds in the wallet for all transactions, then it should be possible.
lordkabalius

Activity: 85

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 04:59:19 PM

My history:

2013-10-23 15:21:57   Withdraw   10.00000000 BTC      Processing

Hope you will get your money soon.
Ukyo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:06:44 PM

I have tried moving bitcoind to extremely powerful systems.
This did not make a difference.

I talked to a dev about running multiple copies of the wallet, however doing so could cause the private keys/keypool between the wallets to diverge and cause more problems.
JaredR26

Activity: 219

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:20:44 PM

I talked to a dev about running multiple copies of the wallet, however doing so could cause the private keys/keypool between the wallets to diverge and cause more problems.

Hm, that is unfortunate.  If Bitcoind used deterministic keys for chaincodes like Armory that wouldn't be a problem.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 08:30:19 PM

I see. But this is only about bitcoin-d. So whats the hindrance in taking the private keys of the bitcoin-d wallet and import the wallet into, for example, bitcoin-qt? If it works you could create a unique withdrawlist for a certain timespan (unique to not double pay) and make bulk transfers. You could to the withdraw requests of one full day in a half hour then. With proper checking if addresses and values are correct.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 08:41:25 PM

why is it slow to begin with? It should be able to construct and sign a tx in under a second even with thousands of unspent outputs being available, no?

Ukyo

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:02:25 PM

Sebastian: Our servers do not run with GUI's. So visual based wallets will not work.
Also we use the 'account' system in bitcoind which has proven to be very useful and problem causing at the same time.

-Ukyo
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 09:33:04 PM

Sebastian: Our servers do not run with GUI's. So visual based wallets will not work.
Also we use the 'account' system in bitcoind which has proven to be very useful and problem causing at the same time.

-Ukyo

Right, the server might not be able to use a gui. But bitcoin-d wallets has private keys and you could run bitcoin-qt on your own pc right? The bitcoin-d account system should be able to provide a list of users that want to get their withdraw. Or the list could be taken directly form database. And it should be possible to edit the date for the account system in case you manually did a withdraw for a customer.
Wouldnt that be way less work than manually doing transactions one by one each 20-50 minutes?

And before bitcoin-qt came out there should be at least one commandline wallet that should be able to do bulk transfers too.

I see that data has to be changed back and forth but you stated already that you do such things on a small scale to do many small transactions. So it shouldnt be a big difference.

Ukyo

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:55:52 PM

Right, the server might not be able to use a gui. But bitcoin-d wallets has private keys and you could run bitcoin-qt on your own pc right? The bitcoin-d account system should be able to provide a list of users that want to get their withdraw. Or the list could be taken directly form database. And it should be possible to edit the date for the account system in case you manually did a withdraw for a customer.
Wouldnt that be way less work than manually doing transactions one by one each 20-50 minutes?

And before bitcoin-qt came out there should be at least one commandline wallet that should be able to do bulk transfers too.

I see that data has to be changed back and forth but you stated already that you do such things on a small scale to do many small transactions. So it shouldnt be a big difference.

Even if I could use bitcoin-qt, i am still doing manual withdraws.
However, due to reasons above, including support for the account system in bitcoind and a potential divergence between the working wallet and wallets running in parallel this could cause more problems. (This is no different than trying to run 50 copies at once. It is still just another copy.)
smilence

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:13:51 PM

Ukyo,Please send BTC to me

User:smilence
Date   2013-11-08 00:36:48
Transaction ID   LNhAqs3JlMSvezmRamQ2pjH3n4ZZZdYm
Type   Withdraw
Debit   19.79205670 BTC
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 10:17:10 PM

Even if I could use bitcoin-qt, i am still doing manual withdraws.
However, due to reasons above, including support for the account system in bitcoind and a potential divergence between the working wallet and wallets running in parallel this could cause more problems. (This is no different than trying to run 50 copies at once. It is still just another copy.)

Of course it doesnt make sense to run bitcoind at the same time so both copies arent fighting against the other. So bitcoind has to be stopped then.
And yes you would still do manual withdraws. But you could do it way way faster if im not wrong.
Compared to doing one single transaction in 20-50 minutes to doing a bulk transaction with tens of transactions in one transaction its way faster and way less work. When i read that you work all days only interrupted by unwanted sleeps then i would try this in your shoes. Bitcoind obviously isnt the solution now. And since bitfunder dies weexchange will die too or is there another partner? So i dont think it makes much sense to repair a websites wallet that isnt needed in the future anymore. Instead doing withdraws manually and save much time.
Sorry to bother you with my questions but i dont see yet why you do it how you do it.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 10:29:59 PM

I'm not sure if you realize it, but Bitcoin-Qt is just a wrapper for bitcoind, essentially.
Ukyo

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 11:09:08 PM

So i dont think it makes much sense to repair a websites wallet that isnt needed in the future anymore. Instead doing withdraws manually and save much time.

WeExchange is about to make a rather important and very positive announcement about the immediate future.
There is every reason to work on WeExchange.
adara

Activity: 102

View Profile
November 12, 2013, 01:20:05 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 01:35:49 AM by adara

WeExchange is about to make a rather important and very positive announcement about the immediate future.
There is every reason to work on WeExchange.

Well Ukyo, you see, the only positive announcement you can make at this point is that you have processed all withdrawals and that all your users have got their coins.
Otherwise who in the world will send a single coin, whatever the currency to your site?

Also will you please clarify what's going on with your Ukyo loan which seems to be defaulting or paying less than agreed as posted by user mgio here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=258612.180
Does this have anything to do with the withdrawals issue at Weexchange and possibly a lack of funds or liquidity problem on your side? Please clarify.

Finally you did not post the status of withdrawals today. Seems like no progress. Could you please post daily the date of the last withdrawal you have processed as recommended by several users. That will be appreciated by everyone.

Users posting here are good people and trying to help you out with the technical issues you are mentioning. But be sure Ukyo that they also have the dobermans ready in case they need to take action. It's up to you boy. You should process those withdrawals and process them fast.
As I am sure you realize, Ukyo, nobody likes to have their coins hijacked for so long. Seems you are over 3 weeks late already and getting worse by the day. Remember these are in fact, in the best case, free loans you are taking without the user's consent.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: