Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:11:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Fee Shares  (Read 7787 times)
wtman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:25:24 PM

Cryptsy offers shares of the Cryptsy exchange trading fees. Cryptsy will offer 100,000 non-dilutable fee shares for a price of 0.05 BTC per share at IPO. Each share represents 0.0002% of the trade fees collected. For example, if Cryptsy collects 100 BTC in trade revenue, each share would receive 0.0002 BTC. Dividends will automatically appear in shareholders’ CryptoStocks accounts every Friday around 17:00 EST. Why is Cryptsy Raising These Funds? We are seeking capital to help us fulfill regulatory compliance and file licenses in all the US States which require us to be registered as an MSB. It is estimated that this process will require around $1M in capital.

https://cryptostocks.com/securities/57

So cryptsy is offering 100k shares where each shares gives .0002% of fees to the shareholder

So cryptsy is offering 20% of total shares for a total of 5000 btc

Valuing the site at 25k btc which is around $5M

What do you guys think?

Cryptsy says it will take $1M in capital for all licenses in all US states.

=====

Also, another site MCXNOW has feeshares. Currently going for .65 btc per feeshare but they offer .001% fees per share which is 5x more than what cryptsy offers per fee.

MCXNOW's volume is also much higher than that of cryptsy

It remains to be seen whether cryptsy shares will be worth it. Also, I suggest them to trade the shares on cryptsy.com itself too, in addition to cryptostocks
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 04:37:48 PM

Ticker   CRYPTSY
Name   Cryptsy.com Exchange Fee Shares
Listed on   October 22, 2013 21:05
Owner   paul@cryptsy.com
Fee surcharge [%]   0.0%
Shares issued   100,000
Shares held publicly   953
Total dividends paid   0.0 BTC
Web page   https://www.cryptsy.com
Security type    Shares
Rating   White
Description:   
Cryptsy offers shares of the Cryptsy exchange trading fees.

Cryptsy will offer 100,000 non-dilutable fee shares for a price of 0.05 BTC per share at IPO.

Each share represents 0.0002% of the trade fees collected.  For example, if Cryptsy collects 100 BTC in trade revenue, each share would receive 0.0002 BTC.

Dividends will automatically appear in shareholders’ CryptoStocks accounts every Friday around 17:00 EST. 

Why is Cryptsy Raising These Funds?

We are seeking capital to help us fulfill regulatory compliance and file licenses in all the US States which require us to be registered as an MSB.   It is estimated that this process will require around $1M in capital.   Fulfilling these requirements will allow us to offer Fiat Currency on our exchange.   We currently only trade in Crypto-Currency to Crypto-Currency pairs.

What does the future hold for Cryptsy?

Offering Fiat in our exchange will rapidly increase our trading fee income, which would also be passed along to the shareholders.   

We currently are collecting in fees over 100 BTC per month.    We estimate that by bringing Fiat currency to the exchange we will increase our revenue by 10-20 fold almost instantly (within 90 days to allow for licensing).   This equates to fee income of 1000 to 2000 BTC per month within 90 days and increasing as more users migrate from other services.   At 2000 BTC monthly income, each share would receive 0.004 BTC per month - which would give a full return on investment within 1 year.

We currency have over 13,000 users, and over 3,500 users in the United States.  A very large portion of our user base has expressed that we would be their exclusive exchange once we begin offering Fiat currency exchange.

Is this offering required by Cryptsy to get Fiat Currency listed?

No.  This will just speed up the process.   We are already in the process of our first state application (Florida).  We expect to be licensed in Florida within 30-90 days.  There is an enormous amount of paperwork involved in the process.   Here are some of the things we are doing now:

- Register with FinCEN (Done)
- Create a company AML program (Done - currently being reviewed by legal)
- Open an MSB bank account.  These are special bank accounts required for companies engaging in MSB activity.  (In Process - Expected to be done within 30 days)
- Have our financials audited by a 3rd party CPA (In process)
- Meet minimum net worth requirements for state licensing (We currently meet this minimum for most states.  There are a small number of states, such as California, that require a $500k minimum net worth - which we have not yet met)
- File application in first state (Florida) - We are currently waiting on audited financials and final draft of the AML program before filing.
- Once we have been approved in Florida, it will then be easier for us to follow with filing in the other states that require it.   I believe in all there are 43 states that require licensing.  If we raise enough capital, then we will be able to file all states concurrently.

Is Cryptsy seeking other methods of funding?

Yes.  We are also looking at more traditional methods of funding from private individuals and firms.   We are not, however, looking at making any "shark tank" type of deals.

Will Cryptsy ever perform any kind of buy-back program?

It is very likely that 6 months to 1 year down the road we will buy back some shares in order to increase our retained earnings.  This will only apply to those shareholders who actually wish to sell.

Where is Cryptsy located?

We are located in Delray Beach, Florida, USA.   See our "About Us" page on our website for our physical address.

How do I know if Cryptsy is paying out the correct dividends?

Our API can provide you with trade activity.  You can use this information to calculate for yourself what the collected trade fees where if you are in doubt.

Why didn't you list "Fee Shares" on your own exchange as some other sites have?

Because we are located in the US, we must comply with US laws.   Offering a securities exchange on our website would place us under SEC rules, and that is just not something we want to deal with right now.

Is there a time limit on the IPO shares?

I will likely retract any unsold shares after 30 days.  So get them now instead of waiting.

When is the first payout?

The first dividend payout will be October 25th.

Do we get more of the dividend if not all the shares are purchased?

No.   However I will likely give bonus dividends to early buyers in appreciation.
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 04:52:59 PM

Seems overvalued to me.

Also floating like this at a time when they have been having constant technical problems.

Undecided - watching with interest.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 04:59:55 PM

Picked up 24 of them last night  Wink

wedge

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:03:32 PM

#1:
We estimate that by bringing Fiat currency to the exchange we will increase our revenue by 10-20 fold almost instantly
Some days it seems like they can barely handle the volume they already have.  Even with the latest upgrades, they are still having issues.

#2:

Because we are located in the US, we must comply with US laws.   Offering a securities exchange on our website would place us under SEC rules, and that is just not something we want to deal with right now.
And which rules will they have to deal with when they start offering Fiat currency exchanges on their website?

In short, if they're serious about this, they better be prepared for ALL the consequences well in advance.

pr9me

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:30:12 PM

Covering this over at CryptoNerd.co Smiley
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:33:29 PM

Bought 99 Cryptsy shares.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 05:33:44 PM

#1:
We estimate that by bringing Fiat currency to the exchange we will increase our revenue by 10-20 fold almost instantly
Some days it seems like they can barely handle the volume they already have.  Even with the latest upgrades, they are still having issues.

#2:

Because we are located in the US, we must comply with US laws.   Offering a securities exchange on our website would place us under SEC rules, and that is just not something we want to deal with right now.
And which rules will they have to deal with when they start offering Fiat currency exchanges on their website?

In short, if they're serious about this, they better be prepared for ALL the consequences well in advance.

The SEC doesn't regulate them exchanging to fiat. That's more FinCen's territory. They are trying to become an MSB

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 05:59:42 PM

Seems overvalued to me.

Also floating like this at a time when they have been having constant technical problems.

What is it's turn over and what profit in fee's does it take per month currently?

ethought
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:05:54 PM

Seems overvalued to me.

What is it's turn over and what profit in fee's does it take per month currently?

"We currently are collecting in fees over 100 BTC per month.    We estimate that by bringing Fiat currency to the exchange we will increase our revenue by 10-20 fold almost instantly (within 90 days to allow for licensing).   This equates to fee income of 1000 to 2000 BTC per month within 90 days and increasing as more users migrate from other services.   At 2000 BTC monthly income, each share would receive 0.004 BTC per month - which would give a full return on investment within 1 year."

I would say the expected increase of between 10 and 20 times current trade volume is very optimistic.

What are the current costs on those fee incomes?

At the very best forecast (20x current fees) you would make your investment back in a year.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:12:55 PM

Seems overvalued to me.

"We currently are collecting in fees over 100 BTC per month.    We estimate that by bringing Fiat currency to the exchange we will increase our revenue by 10-20 fold almost instantly (within 90 days to allow for licensing).   This equates to fee income of 1000 to 2000 BTC per month within 90 days and increasing as more users migrate from other services.   At 2000 BTC monthly income, each share would receive 0.004 BTC per month - which would give a full return on investment within 1 year."

I would say the expected increase of between 10 and 20 times current trade volume is very optimistic.

At the very best forecast (20x current fees) you would make your investment back in a year.

thanks for the info. Will hold fire and see what happens, signed up to cryto stocks anyway will see how many are being snapped up first. I like cryptsy i hope introducing fiat ends up being a wise move, i don't see why it that essential now there is instant coupons with btce coming. From a traders pov anyway. I appreciate from the exchange it could work out well for them but it will be forced through lots of regulation first i am sure.

gorgorom

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 06:26:01 PM

Picked up a handful of these Smiley Not missin this boat Tongue

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 06:30:09 PM

got myself 2 shares Smiley we'll see how it goes i guess
ethought
Legendary

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:30:26 PM

Seems overvalued to me.

thanks for the info. Will hold fire and see what happens, signed up to cryto stocks anyway will see how many are being snapped up first. I like cryptsy i hope introducing fiat ends up being a wise move, i don't see why it that essential now there is instant coupons with btce coming. From a traders pov anyway. I appreciate from the exchange it could work out well for them but it will be forced through lots of regulation first i am sure.

I like Cryptsy too and hope they succeed. BUT - I think they have valued their company too highly. And I have been burnt by all crypto shares I have purchased so far so a little tentative to jump too quickly.
juve4v

Activity: 505
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 06:43:50 PM

Shares are overvalued
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 08:07:45 PM

How can you say these are overvalued when mcxnow shares are valued even higher Cheesy

Cryptsy doesn't have a known scammer running the show either.

QuantPlus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:15:59 PM

Shares are overvalued

Cryptsy is worth 10-20% of what MCX is worth max...
They are trying to cash in on the Trading Culture that drives MCX.

Let's make it 15% = $12,500,000 x 0.15 = $1.8 million

Even that is high because it's all about momentum...
But let's hope the entire Alt Space keep growing.

Also, these exchanges need to name their Principals...
Or someone needs to force the issue legally.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2013, 08:42:25 PM

Shares held publicly   1,625

still a long way to go Smiley
podizzle

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:48:54 PM

How can you say these are overvalued when mcxnow shares are valued even higher Cheesy

Cryptsy doesn't have a known scammer running the show either.

what does cryptsy's share price being overvalued have to do with mcxnow?

mcxnow's shares pay 5x as much with 15x more volume in case you forgot. i doubt you did because youre just as obsessed as us mcxnow users apparently.
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 11:14:28 PM

how do you buy them or find out more info?
can't see anything on cryptsy and all posts ommitted that info lol

edit:  is this the place to buy it? i have to sign up here?
https://cryptostocks.com/securities/57

who owns the site?

thanks for any info

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: