Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 08:05:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought ETH at $800 - should I sell and re-buy or hold?  (Read 328 times)
quickie69 (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:42:51 PM

I invested $100,000 into ETH when it was at $800. I was wondering if I should sell and re-buy or hold? Will ETH reach $800 again this year?  Huh
djkyno

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:45:33 PM

You invested a big amount. Selling with the actual price of Ethereum will lead you to a big lose. You have to hold your ETH patiently and take care of your wallet security as well. The price will go up again above 800$ most likely, but it require some time, and we can't predict exactly if it will happen this year or not.
serkhio

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:46:03 PM

A lot of money! Have u already divided ur funds or u just all in the ETH? If u just have a stake of funds in the ETH, i suggest u just hold. For all in, u may sell about 50% of ETH into USDT and wait chance to buy it in a lower price.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
xireKT

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:49:54 PM

I invested $100,000 into ETH when it was at $800. I was wondering if I should sell and re-buy or hold? Will ETH reach $800 again this year?  Huh

Last option I would go for personally, would be selling now...

You're better off HODL'ing and waiting till the market recovers. If you want to cut your losses, you could sell, diversify in other nice projects while prices are low and wait till they value over time this year. But this is a very risky option and I wouldn't recommend it unless you are willing to take a greater loss in case bad shit happens.

I personally would HODL the ETH and wait. ETH is a very solid altcoin and has all the potential in reaching ATHs again.

PS: Don't tell others how much $ you invested unless it's someone completely worth trusting. This world is crazy and there are many envyous people around. Be safe!

Good luck!
kolesozw
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:50:21 PM

This is serious amount to put on 1 coin! My portfolio is bigger, but it's spread a lot alts.

If you are looking on it as an investment, you should wait. If Bitcoin pass the 12K barrier again, ETH could easily hit $800. I believe that we will see a full market recovery in 6-12 months.

hot_ads

Activity: 299
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:52:20 PM

Now that the encryption market is in a state of recovery, the $800 price of eth is likely to be reached, and if not, then you can sell your BTC.

GandiwaSF

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

my advice personally should be HODL them, because it is too late to sell it eth price now $ 534, you lose a lot, be patient and wait ETH I think will rise again. Cheesy
heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 01:57:45 PM

That was huge. Cryptocurrency involves a lot of patience. You have invested a lot into it, it won't be good you sell now, most especially now that the price is lower than the rate you bought it. I would advice you to hold until you are in profit or sell at the same rate you bought. The market will still get better and we have started seeing a glimpse of that. In few months' time, i believe the market will get better.
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 01:59:09 PM

The money you invest in is a little bit big. I believe that ETH will reach $800 in the future. You need to be patient. If you sell it now, you're really losing. ETH is a promising encrypted currency. There will be a lot of application scenarios in the Ethernet network in the future. This is a valuable encrypted currency. So investment needs to be considered in the long run. Please wait for the market to warm up.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:02:10 PM

I think that selling now is not a good idea at all. ETH still has a huge potential to grow up to 2-5k in the nearest future. I expect a steep growth when they implement POS. So just hold and be patient. When the market starts growing BTC and ETH will be the firsts coins to buy for investors.
iigor

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:04:02 PM

I don't think investing $100000 in a single coin is wise decision but selling now is not the best idea either. Ethereum will recover by the end of the year in my opinion, so I would recommend to hold.

sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:06:59 PM

I invested 1 000 000 $ into ETH when it was 1000. Can you anonymous people, that I don't know and I don't know what experience, tell me what to do?
This is a troll for sure because you don't invest that kind of money based on the opinion of some people on a forum.
If so, you deserve to lose it. If you don't know anything about investing hire someone to watch over your portfolio.

xireKT

Activity: 152

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:12:09 PM

I invested 1 000 000 $ into ETH when it was 1000. Can you anonymous people, that I don't know and I don't know what experience, tell me what to do?
This is a troll for sure because you don't invest that kind of money based on the opinion of some people on a forum.
If so, you deserve to lose it. If you don't know anything about investing hire someone to watch over your portfolio.

If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it.

Forum post is asking for enlightment on what to do. If I was in the same situation and a little nervous, I'd prob. do the same. Fortunately for me, I already know more or less how this market works.

I don't see any harm in that, asking for opinions.
kloinko1n

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:15:40 PM

Depends on your goals. If you plan to play long-term then it is perfectly possible to hold ETH bought for 800
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:19:09 PM

wow thats a crazy amount you invested in eth the best way you do is to hold that until eth price will bounce back unless you want lose money seriously its not good think putting a big money on single coin.
zedrickjuls

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:28:08 PM

[/quote

All cryptocoins are dropping its price now,Just hold your coin and  wait until the price rise up so that you will not lose your investment because i believed that all cryptocoins will be increase its price next month or probably this may.

V I D D O   ♥ ♥  is a new fair revenue
distribution video platform  (https://viddo.io/)
hritevanz

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:28:41 PM

No matter what other people will say about this topic the choice is always yours. I know you earned an income out of buying  eth at $800 which is a great thing to know. As of now, I really wonder if you still believe in this cryptocurrencies because if yes then you can buy bitcoin again and wait for the right time to sell it once its value increase.
TrumpD

Activity: 602
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:48:21 PM

Wow!!! That's a lot of money man. I don't know what your current financial situation is like, but if you don't desperately need the money, my opinion would be to hold. As I believe the prices will all climb back up very well at some point this year. If you sell today, I you'll be making between 40-50% loss. If you can't wait for that long at least reduce the percentage loss, and sell maybe when ETH price is between $650 - $700.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:58:27 PM

I'll go with what everyone's making you do here. Hold for now. $800 was just merely a few months ago, and believe me, ETH's gonna be bigger than $800. Focus on the long term and just allow it's market to mature even more.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:11:22 PM

Please keep them because if you sell. You will lose a lot. I recommend keeping them until July 2018. I firmly believe that the price will go up against $ 800. Hold and do not sell
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: