Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:03:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bought ETH at $800 - should I sell and re-buy or hold?  (Read 328 times)
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:14:03 PM

I invested $100,000 into ETH when it was at $800. I was wondering if I should sell and re-buy or hold? Will ETH reach $800 again this year?  Huh

That's huge. You do really trust Ethereum for investing such big numbers. I hope you'd still be a fan despite of all of these bloodbath market. If I were you, I'd keep holding. Wait for ethereum's boom. I am pretty sure it will in the coming months. It is one of the best alternative coins out there.

doyayipaku

Activity: 340
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:14:23 PM

I think you should keep them until the end of 2018. If you sell eth now you will lose a lot of money. Eth is a potential coin I think it will soon come back.
alexpayne

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:15:04 PM

in my opinion, i recommend you to keep holding Ethereum, because it is a good project and attract more inverstor as wel as organization. Ii will bounce back soon to $1000

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:16:10 PM

I invested $100,000 into ETH when it was at $800. I was wondering if I should sell and re-buy or hold? Will ETH reach $800 again this year?  Huh
at the moment! You do not sell all ETH, i think! This coin will grown up and you can get profit!
I still buy ETH with about $20.000 in this times
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:18:43 PM

I'm pretty sure that anyone investing that amount of money (in anything, not just crypto) must have done their due diligence before doing so. This level of investment is way above my head, and probably many of the forum users. But I guess overall, the amount invested is irrelevant, that amount could be to you what $1000 is to me, or $100 is to someone else.

Selling it at it's current price would hurt, I say chuck in another $100,000 at the current price and you'll be laughing in a few months. If it keeps dropping, just keep putting another $100,000 in until you're balls to the wall and hit a cool $1m.

As I see posted at the end of all cryptocurrency articles, this is not financial advice, invest only what you can afford to lose, do your research. Maybe donate some bitcoin to the homeless, I read somewhere that people do that now, crazy world we live in. Good luck.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
MGBloomz

Activity: 238

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:19:03 PM

Ethereum is a good coin. You just need to be patient as it's too early to get panic and you will get lose if you sell and buyback as you don't know if the price will goes to your side. I suggest you to hold it wait for the right time.

intel86

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:21:18 PM

we return again to our needs, if indeed you need the funds I think there is nothing wrong you sell it, if it does not need to be better arrested first who knows ETH the price can go up, if later ETH price down I suggest to buy it. Wink
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:29:58 PM

Sometimes it happens as crypto currency has volatile in nature. Prices can go to other side in just a short period of time. I think you just need to be patient and hold your funds. Take a vacation and don't think of your investment and don't check the price for 2-3 months. I'm sure you will surprise.
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:35:50 PM

I guess you know that eth will soon recover and the only reason behind the set back is the massive number of coins that where put back into circulation but if you give the market time to absorb this trade off , am more than certain that Ethereum will soon see $800 and maybe reach a new all time high.
altcoinhunter01

Activity: 840
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 03:36:52 PM

Ethereum is number 2 coin of this market and it will reach again at your buy price or even more in future. Always put money in different coins so if one coin go in loss,maybe other give you some profit. Now you have to make some patience to get your buying price as market is in bad news phase.

TheFaustFlick.com
»   Executive Produce a Comedy Film   «
✦ ────────  Facebook TwitterBountyTelegram  ──────── ✦
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:38:52 PM

I hope when you invested so much money you did not expect to double it in a few days? This is a long-term investment, just wait. By the autumn you will already be in profit. If you sell now, then you will only fix the loss. I do not think that this is a good move.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
AlexS_off

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:44:45 PM

The amount is large and now selling ETH is not the best solution. At present, all cryptocurrencies are experiencing difficulties. But as we have shown BTC is that the drop rate is on the rise. That's just this rise may be slow. Therefore, it is better to wait and then there will be an opportunity not to lose anything or even to make a profit.

|| MENSARII ||
WORLD’S FIRST EVER CRYPTOCURRENCY CREDIT UNION (https://www.mensarii.io/)
wolffi

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:48:59 PM

wow a big amount of invest huh? , i think you should invest on great ICO rather than ethereum
however you should hold Smiley
ask
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:49:25 PM

I suggest you to buy same amount of ethereum to averege down your cost. If price go down %30 percent more then buy same amount of ethereum again.
Later you will get your profit 100%
xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:54:30 PM

Suggest you to hold and if Bitcoin price rises automatically Ethereum also follow the trend since all the altcoins have impact direct or indirect effects by Bitcoin. You have bought for higher amount and selling in a lower amount is not a good idea unless if it is emergency. Hold the coin for another couple of months and check the price trend.
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:55:18 PM

You should see market direction before replace money, down trend still running and you only have bad option. If sell and buy back you'll lost value and maybe in big number. Hold until reach your target again need more time, do you have patience?. Best way is hold or buy back with your back up fund, it will reduce your loss an cover asset value. Up to you and keep hold.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
laracrofth

Activity: 374
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:57:14 PM

I would sell some amount and hedge it at another coins, considering your strategy. Making the whole portfolio based on ETH is not secured.

ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 03:59:20 PM

Why you want to sell your ETH ? You invested $100,000 in ETH, you'll only get back $65,000 if you sell now, that's call investment? You should wait for at least 100% profit return, then only can sell your coins, it's not hard for ETH because ETH is a queen coins in Crypto World
lion99

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2018, 04:04:20 PM

I think he will reach 1k+ this year. How much you will get if you re-buy ETH? You shood HODL and stay calm.

Cryptokingind

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 05:21:28 PM

I suggest you keep hold your Ethereum and also bought some more ethereum to averaging your investment because Ethereum is good coin and it can reach up to $800 to $1000 with in next 2-3 months.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: