Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:40:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What’s happening to today’s ICOs  (Read 440 times)
kchulani

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:10:37 PM

I think the market for ICO's is still there and will continue to grow over the next year, One ICO that has really set an example in the space is the Effect.AI ICO. It has alot of hype around it, but apart from the hype it has alot of real innovation behind it as well. I am basing my deciison on that. The mechanical turk will be a great benefit in teh space to collect AI data and incentivize users at the same time. looking forward to this project, check it out if your interested. The ICO begins on the 24th of March, just 3 days away.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Geleve

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:27:34 PM

ICO's are not profitable nowadays at all. because off this bearish market nobody wants to collect and hold new coins. that is why mostly it is better to buy them whenever they are listed. Ofcourse there are a few strong icos that investors could make good profit such as credits and tomo.
redwhite037

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 02:46:47 PM

This is a bad time for the ICO. because the market always shed blood. And investors do not want to risk their money. It takes a long time for the ICO to emerge as much as December 2017
Viking81

Activity: 90
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:03:07 PM

Majority of ICOs do not worth to invest during "ICO phase" recently due to deliberate initial overpricing, weak products in a majority of cases and other reasons. Even good ICOs these months regularly fall below its initial ICO price, even with bonuses, after exchanges' listing because of BTC volatility and buyers' panick mood. It is much simpler (taking in consideration KYC procedures) and more profitable to buy recent ICOs after their listing. But after beginning of stable BTC bull market the situation will change for better for sure.

Fusion $FSN
Xxxurrrad

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 03:31:28 PM

In the current situation, I prefer not to participate in ico, but buy tokens after listing on exchanges. There are chances to buy cheaper than ico prices.

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Bowtiesarecool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:46:50 AM

In the current situation, I prefer not to participate in ico, but buy tokens after listing on exchanges. There are chances to buy cheaper than ico prices.
That's quite a chance you're taking. However, considering the current market conditions, it's one that works
coastbank

Activity: 238

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:16:52 PM

Very accurate statement in my opinion. I am trying my best to invest icos and I see very cool, high level icos but most of them just cannot use their funds and send them away to community with airdrops so on. They waste funds on promotions.

Barrueco

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:21:00 PM

Imagine having the world’s fastest racing car; you’ve got the keys, you’ve got the license, the registration, the beautiful interior — it’s all there. But here’s the thing, you hardly ever get to drive it - Why? The gas stations don’t accept your money, and the price of gas is in constant flux: one day it’s super cheap, the next it’s worth almost as much as the car itself.

That’s what’s happening to today’s ICOs. They are raising an eye-watering amount of funds (over 1 billion in 2018 alone), but once the funds are in their wallet, it’s incredibly hard to use them in a practical way.

Here are the two critical issues: liquidity and volatility. The former breaks down like this, I raise $1 million in ETH but I can’t use it to pay my rent. The latter, I raise $1 million in ETH but its value could drop drastically in the same afternoon. Now I’m asking myself….

How do I use a store of value (that’s continually fluctuating) to make sure that my two kids have their school fees paid?

Read the whole article: https://medium.com/@globcoin_io/what-can-icos-learn-from-the-electrification-of-cars-326ee5a63139

-...- With that said I think most ICOs hold on to their ETH because most believe it will be worth more in the future.

I agree and many ICOs are accepting BTC and even USD or other fiats.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:44:05 PM

The other way around is that when the market is on the bullish run staying their funds with cryptocurrency would cause a huge gain, not just with their own projects and fundings, it will be a domino effect both for their investors and supporters but the OP has a valid point and most of the projects have the kind of risk which was mentioned above

ICO's are not profitable nowadays at all. because off this bearish market nobody wants to collect and hold new coins. that is why mostly it is better to buy them whenever they are listed. Ofcourse there are a few strong icos that investors could make good profit such as credits and tomo.
Some people preferred to buy during the presale and that is because the project offers huge discounts and promo's but in some cases, it is much better to buy tokens when it hits exchanges, you will experience better discounts rather than to accept presale offers.
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:49:51 PM

The problem now is that people are not confident putting their fund in ICOs again, I have invested into more than 4 ICOs recently that their price started dumping the day they hit the exchange which is a big concern to me, why do you invest in a project when you are going to sell it at half the price you bought it and these are not projects that have bounty program, e.g. Insight Network and Bee tokens
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 11:36:05 PM

That's quite a chance you're taking. However, considering the current market conditions, it's one that works
I think this is a better way to avoid ico scam. although we do not get a bonus tier. at least we will not lose the funds
Rowland Okoli

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:45:16 PM

This is the stage that we would need to work out and embrace the reality. Many of the developers has abandoned the projects and they are now using the investors money to enjoyed life with their families. I think it is good government should regulate this in other for us to really have value for our investment.

I agree with you, there are too many scam ICO and I hope that in the near future regulators are going to do something about it. I see many ICO with lots of money and they do nothing, no development and no exchange listing

I agree too.

ICOs are basically taking our moneys and feeding us BS at the end of the day. Nothing to show for it.

90% of the ICOs have no integrity.

We need regulations, really we do.

yua_na

Activity: 434
Merit: 175

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:18:33 AM

Its called bubble but it is not confirmed that it is bubble. We dont know about what exact number of liquidity. In any econimoc instrument if all people liquidate it of course not enough money for it. We just need more adoption so we can be more usefull and ont have to worry about it. The crypto currencies is way too far from bursting. As the money flow in we will able to use it anywhere. Just pations. But i also dont agree with ico which collected so much fund they collected money more then what they needed.
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:46:05 AM

All as always, simple ideas are almost over. complex ideas to realize almost impossible. Therefore, the new ICO on the market almost no:(         
percopolis

Activity: 186

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:47:15 AM

In view of the unstable dynamics, many projects will likely try to ride out this red period and come out when crypto market will be more stable.
nopedope89
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059

FROSTING

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 07:48:53 AM

So many projects started to come out in the same style. A multi-chain and two artificial intelligence. It's hard to predict which one will win.

.next-generation social media service.
██   based on blockchain technology ██
                      ▄▄█▄ ▀▄▄
                   ▄███████  ███▄▄
               ▄█████▀▀ ████  ▀█████▄▄
           ▄▄█████▀    ▄ ▀███▄   ▀▀█████▄
       ▄▄█████▀       ██▄ ▀███▄      ▀▀█████▄
      ▐███▀▀        ▄█████  ████         ▀███▌
      ▐███         ████▀███▄ ▀███         ███▌
      ▐███        ████  ▀███▄ ▀███▄       ███▌
      ▐███      ▄███▀ ▄█  ███▌ ▐███▌      ███▌
      ▐███     ▄███▀ ████  ▀██▓  ████     ███▌
      ▐███    ████  ███▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄   ███▌
      ▐███   ████ ▄███▀ ▄██████████████▄  ███▌
      ▐██▀ ▄███▀ ▄███▒                    ███▌
      ▐█▀ ▄███▀ █████████████████████████████▌
         ████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
           ▀▀█████▄▄             ▄█████▀▀
               ▀▀█████▄▄     ▄▄████▀▀
                   ▀▀█████▄█████▀
                       ▀████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀██ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀ ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀███▀ ████▄ ███ ███▀▀▀▀▀
     ███▄▄▄▄ ███   ▐██▌▐██▄  ▐██ ▐██████  ███▄▄▄▄▄   ██▌    ▓██  █████▄███ ██▌ ▄▄▄▄▄
     ██▀▀▀▀  ███   ▐██▌▐███▀███▀ ▐██        ▀▀▀▀██▌  ██▌    ▓██  ███ █████ ██▌   ███
     ██▌     ▀████████ ▐██   ██▌ ▐███████░████████   ██▌   █████ ███  ▀███ ▀████████
Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Telegram [EN]
Telegram [KOR]
Medium
AMHURSICKUS

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:19:10 AM

Rightnow choosing the right ico is very hard, because there are so many ICO rising.
So before i join or invest in that ICO i always check first if that ICO is goo or has potential. I always read all the information like its whitepaper, road map and etc. And i always also try to join in a ICO with trusted member and dev. Because some of them are very successful.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
redwings17x

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:37:00 AM

they'll have its ups and downs. As long as its a good project with a loyal team, everything should be fine.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:16:55 AM

Ico's were an advancement in the crowd funding process, as ethereum keeps on decreasing in value the ICO value too keeps falling. Right now we need something good as the last year's Japan acceptance of cryptocurrency to experience good growth with the ico's.

zerrtty

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 05, 2018, 08:46:24 AM

As there is an unstable situation on the market, some projects cancel the ICO's. When the situation on the market stabilizes, I think that a new wave of ICO's will begin. Large investors are waiting for ICO's regulation

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: