Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 56% of ICOs fail and it's OK  (Read 557 times)
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:05:56 PM

According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

So the basic rules with ICOs are very simple:
1. Do the research before you invest
2. Diversify, diversify, diversify
3. Ignore news and HODL
I though 90% ICOs of 2017 failed or failing. Only some good ico with honest team and real products such as: Civic, EOS... most remain ICOs just now building their protocols, hire team  etc. We should call that just a paper ideas projects and I can't believe on them.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:08:09 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 10:57:11 AM by speem28
Merited by randyg29 (1)

And that's what makes investing fun and challenging. You have to be very keen on specific details that will make your investment worth it. Sometimes doing research before investing is not enough to ensure that you will invest in the right one, there are still several factors to consider. For example, you should determine the type of token that will be used, like will it be really useful in the community or will it be used right off the bat by a lot of people. That and that determines the outcome of the ICO in the market.
Greenw87dpecker

Activity: 152
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:24:08 PM

According to recent recearch, 56% of 2017 ICOs fail. And you know what? That's OK. 90% of startups fail but the rest grow so high that they compensate venture investors 90% loss and provide very high profits.

3. Ignore news and HODL
I fully agree with you. I do not like these hysterics hamsters who unsuccessfully and thoughtlessly invested money in several tokens and now shout everywhere that 100% or 99% ICO Scam. Yes, the bench is a lot, but it is easy to recognize, if you carefully analyze the company.  Because of the negative moods suffer good and promising ICO. Study companies before buying tokens! It's important.

❐ COINECT   ❐ 
█████  AI-based decentralized   █████
arbitrage trading system
James ssi~

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:28:36 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL
I agree specially the newbie they need to know this three basic steps to have a knowledge on what they are need to know before going on something that is new for them, and ignoring the news is the best idea to avoid panicking and sell their coins in just a lower price so that the price of the continue will continue to become higher.
Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:30:33 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL

Good words, my friend. I totally agree with you -panic selling is the worst thing possible to do with tokens from ICO.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471
Merit: 10

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:16:20 PM

ICOs are very risky investments most especially nowadays that the rate of scam has been increasing. You should be very sure and convinced of any ICO you are investing in and don't let hype deceive you. Many hyped ICOs have scammed in the past.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:23:15 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL
I think this number is more and falls to about 75%. Currently, care should be taken when investing in ICOs, especially for Token!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:34:46 PM

lol far more than that will fail I can assure you...

56% lol

make that 96% or greater. Give them more time to burn through the dev funding first, some of them have to justify devouring 100's millions of dollars not your usual 100k start up.

The best reason for them to fail is there is no advantage to those running the ICO to succeed.

Better to take any tech created and start a new ico under a different name and raise all those yummy noob btc all over again later and take their lions share out again. No risk no work.

huge % of the noobs here since  sep 2017 will be burned hard ........

stick to btc or keep your fiat because doing any real research is beyond the scope and effort most can put in.

NEW projects starting are years behind the curve....... the smart teams were formed years ago.

cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:37:09 PM

The problem is you need to give them time to prove themselves a success. If you give them a little more time you will find out this figure is much higher, probably around 90%.

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:39:15 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL
that's not good of course, 90 percent of startups fail because they do not have something expected by investors of course.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:41:47 PM

But sometimes you should consider news because it can make the price decrease drastically.
You can sell at that time and buy again in dip
nik9990

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

First Islamic Crypto Exchange

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:44:25 PM

I heard that 80% of new coins have fallen in price since 2017 after entering the stock exchange

owmivmen

Activity: 644
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:48:47 PM

I think there are many factors that make ICO fail. the main factor is the crypto price is decreasing and can not reach hardcap. just reaching softcap not necessarily ICO will be successful.
weborsha

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:54:43 PM

I think that there is around the same amount of projects which don’t deal with blockchain that fail every year. A little more than a half of all startups stop existing during the very first year because they are not competitive on the market.

realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:07:03 PM

That was what happened last year but this year 80% of the ICO are successful but because of issues with the price of cryptocurrencies some of them are selling below the ICO price.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
KryptoKnight78

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 04:33:09 PM

3. Ignore news and HODL

All things considered thats actually a pretty low number. If I were to have guessed I would have said it was closer to 70%.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: