Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:26:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [MARKS] Incentivize Content Creators & Build a Reputation Value Framework  (Read 32316 times)
dbkeys

Activity: 484
Merit: 104

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 08:21:50 PM

Bitmark v0.9.8.3

for your Raspberry Pi !
Raspbian debian package

installs in /usr/bin

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TeamBitmark

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:29:20 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2018, 09:40:15 PM by TeamBitmark

Bitmark v0.9.8.3

for your Raspberry Pi !
Download: Raspbian debian package

Code:
dpkg -i bitmark.v0.9.8.3-Official-Raspbian.armhf.deb

installs in /usr/bin

TeamBitmark

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:42:30 PM

Bitmark is a Proof-of-Work (PoW) coin, started as single Scrypt PoW when introduced in 2014, and now has eight PoW algos, a very succesful evolution to 8mPoW, governed by an effective difficulty algo, Dark Gravity Wave v3, DGWv3 and, with an emission control policy dubbed "Coin Emission Modulation", in its first version, CEMv0.1
     All algos have the Auxiliary chain Proof-of-Work submission (AuxPoW) feature: they are "merge-mineable".    Bitmark was probably the first coin to offer as many, 8 PoW algos and all merge-mineable.

But, there have been calls for some algos to go back to native-only, and for the distinction between the production cost of merge-mined blocks and native-mined blocks be taken into account in general.
@onelineproof coded most of our vision for the current v0.9.7.2, and it is certainly a very solid, secure blockchain, flowing well, producing blocks regularly and promptly

That said, I thinks we can add some natural improvements. With the drive to keep building on our success, for example, CEM v0.1 which has been well received in general, can be improved.  Let's give it authority over a larger part of the epoch base reward; it's warranted. CEM v0.2 will act on 80% of the epoch base block reward, instead of on 50%. The lookback time window has been softened a bit: instead of "remembering" back a whole year, we only look back 3 months, because it seems rather harsh to punish loyal miners for hashrate peaks that happened more than 3 months ago. This  will have the effect of restoring full emission that much quicker after a high hashrate event, while still deploying the "CEM Effect" for a substantial amount of time.

For the Road Map:
     I propose an additional, 9th PoW algo, Groestl (or Grøstl) as a native-only algo, and also revert Argon2d and Yescrypt to native-mined only. This would make the individual algos' target block time 18 minutes (for a combined production of a block every 2 minutes) . Code for this is taking shape in the 0.9.9 branch of the project-bitmark github repo.
     This would mean 2/3 of the algos are merge-mineable, and 1/3 are native-mined only. This will have the effect (that @onelineproof should like) of keeping to a larger emission and making it so that (I like this ...) it goes to miners who prize them a bit more, as they are the mainline, and not merely a bonus.
As I've argued in previous posts (and been pilloried by @one lineproof) I do believe that merge-mined blocks should be rewarded at a lower fraction than native mined blocks: currently Fork#2 v0.9.8.3, will map native CEM to the range 10% - > 20% for merge-mined block rewards. But I am open to reasoned arguments and discussions about what fraction of the CEM-modulated full epoch block reward merge-miners should receive and any other aspects.

All are welcome to comment, and now's the time.

We would like to hear all opinions and viewpoints,
 expressed respectfully and bringing solutions & shedding light on issues.

Dev Time Frames : we will release 0.9.8.3 today. Bitmark v0.9.8.2 only has a couple small changes, but they are important and forking changes affecting consensus rules. We have run testnet4 and are satisfied.

Our dev team is picking up the slack and continues advancing. The Bitmark project is getting code contributions and moving forward with development and the next version,  v0.9.9  You can help by taking a look at the code, compiling and playing with it.  Do have fun and give us some feedback !
Ricardo Tucker

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:43:58 PM

The project has just started its business development. Already I see activity! I liked the idea of your idea. I will follow the development of the platform in the future!
TeamBitmark

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:28:14 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2018, 09:41:13 AM by TeamBitmark

Bitmark v0.9.8

Fork #2 Delayed

until further notice
Brian.Miller

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 06:47:10 PM

There are a lot of parameters and unknowns in this project. The thing is that the competition is huge and every plan has to go that extra mile to get investors and after that, users...So, the less unknowns, the better the project! Good luck, team!
imageanodising

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:04:36 AM

In my opinion, thanks to projects that allow the use of gestures and social investment of digital to create, establish and build the value of a currency in a way that is simply not possible before the advent of the mark, Bitmark supply level funding mechanisms to finance new products and services to be community rated.
cubonho2k

Activity: 78

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:09:17 AM

Is this a new project? What are your key features compared to other wallets that may appeal to users? Your wallet is a new version so I think it needs to be improved, and you already have the person in charge of this part yet? You should improve the wallet so that users can use the best way
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 11:18:39 AM

Bitmark v0.9.7.2

Latest Official Release

MS Windows - Wallets

Windows "64bit"
Windows "32bit"

Apple MacOS - Wallets
MacOS "El Capitán,  Sierra & HighSierra"

--------------  %  ---------------

Fork #2 Postponed
No hard fork @518191.

Please continue using the v0.9.7.x  series for the moment

Can you clarify the current plan (ideally before fork height is reached!) ?

Do I see this right, that at block # 518191 the people that were "tricked" into upgrading to 0.9.8.3 and did not stick with 0.9.7.x will be on their own (invalid) fork?

My node currently says that about 1/3 of bitmark network is on 0.9.8.3:
Code:
Sep  8 13:11:12        2         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.5/",
Sep  8 13:11:12        7         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.7/",
Sep  8 13:11:12       15         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.7.2/",
Sep  8 13:11:12       24         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.8.3/",
Sep  8 13:11:12       32         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.7.1/",

So these 24 nodes need to downgrade ASAP so that they do not fork off to an invalid chain that no exchange will recognize?

dbkeys

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:01:31 PM

Bitmark v0.9.7.2

Latest Official Release

MS Windows - Wallets

Windows "64bit"
Windows "32bit"

Apple MacOS - Wallets
MacOS "El Capitán,  Sierra & HighSierra"

--------------  %  ---------------

Fork #2 Postponed
No hard fork @518191.

Please continue using the v0.9.7.x  series for the moment

Can you clarify the current plan (ideally before fork height is reached!) ?

Do I see this right, that at block # 518191 the people that were "tricked" into upgrading to 0.9.8.3 and did not stick with 0.9.7.x will be on their own (invalid) fork?

My node currently says that about 1/3 of bitmark network is on 0.9.8.3:
Code:
Sep  8 13:11:12        2         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.5/",
Sep  8 13:11:12        7         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.7/",
Sep  8 13:11:12       15         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.7.2/",
Sep  8 13:11:12       24         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.8.3/",
Sep  8 13:11:12       32         "subver" : "/Pfennig:0.9.7.1/",

So these 24 nodes need to downgrade ASAP so that they do not fork off to an invalid chain that no exchange will recognize?

Many of these nodes on 0.9.8.3 will be changing to the latest stable version 0.9.7.2 ;
There was a coding error which was deemed significant enough ( Block Version Check ) to warrant postponing the fork.

"If some miner that didn't update to 0.9.8, mines a block with version 4 and sends it to the network.
Without this patch version check is done too late, and somehow network gets in temporary stall. chain active is updated, but new block isn't accepted."

My apologies for the inconvenience, but generating binaries for Windows & Mac on this short notice is not feasible.
(We will look into automating our build process down the road for greater agility....) , and so having miners  on different, incompatible versions than regular users is of course not a good option;

IMO the best option at this point is to revert to latest stable version, Release v0.9.7.2

dbkeys

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 12:05:24 PM

Is this a new project? What are your key features compared to other wallets that may appeal to users? Your wallet is a new version so I think it needs to be improved, and you already have the person in charge of this part yet? You should improve the wallet so that users can use the best way

The Bitmark project was started in July of 2014.

The key feature of our Blockchain is our focus on Marking. 

Marking is a broad term that encompasses many different uses and applications, most involving anchoring data sets on the blockchain via hashes embedded in transactions. It's a deep, fascinating topic that we can expand on to many useful areas.

We welcome your suggestions on how to improve our wallet and any others you may have too.

maser82

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:12:29 PM

Marking is a broad term that encompasses many different uses and applications, most involving anchoring data sets on the blockchain via hashes embedded in transactions. It's a deep, fascinating topic that we can expand on to many useful areas.

We welcome your suggestions on how to improve our wallet and any others you may have too.

Having the marking feature in the wallet would be nice. Like offering the option to select a file to be marked before you do a transaction and then, when it do the transaction, it hashes the file and stores the file hash into the blockchain.

If there were an option to set file name, file description and an optional storage of the file in the bitmark servers, allowing to publicty query the file, that would be very useful to many companies and entities.
dbkeys

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 04:57:31 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2018, 05:38:14 PM by dbkeys

Having the marking feature in the wallet would be nice. Like offering the option to select a file to be marked before you do a transaction and then, when it do the transaction, it hashes the file and stores the file hash into the blockchain.

If there were an option to set file name, file description and an optional storage of the file in the bitmark servers, allowing to publicty query the file, that would be very useful to many companies and entities.

I like your suggestion !

That would be a great and simple way to enable users to mark anything they had on file.

The optional storage part is interesting too because it would in essence be the storing of the file which originated in the user's machine to the Bitmark servers, or "Bitmark Storage Cloud" which could be a federation of machines which are willing to commit storage space for a length of time in exchange for MARKS.

dbkeys

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 10:28:32 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2018, 10:42:54 PM by dbkeys

82ndabnmedic (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:23:11 AM

I like your suggestion !

That would be a great and simple way to enable users to mark anything they had on file.

The optional storage part is interesting too because it would in essence be the storing of the file which originated in the user's machine to the Bitmark servers, or "Bitmark Storage Cloud" which could be a federation of machines which are willing to commit storage space for a length of time in exchange for MARKS.

Agreed, that would be a good way to implement Marking and leverage our "Bitmark Storage" solutions.  Thanks for the recommendation!  We will see if this is a feature the community would like/support, and if it is we can add it to our short term milestones list (after the completion of the code base upgrades).

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
TeamBitmark

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:58:13 AM

Glad DBkeys posted this...We should have this update (v0.9.8.3) ready to go shortly....we will keep y'all updated, and thanks for the continued support!
maser82

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 11:50:24 AM

I like your suggestion !

Agreed, that would be a good way to implement Marking and leverage our "Bitmark Storage" solutions.  Thanks for the recommendation!  We will see if this is a feature the community would like/support, and if it is we can add it to our short term milestones list (after the completion of the code base upgrades).

May be it could be a new tab intended explusively for marking, showing the available fields to fill, and when the user commits the action then it automatically do the transaction, marks the file and upload it to the bitmark storage.

A webpage having a "marked files explorer" that allows anyone to search and to check the marked files, additional data, timestamp and hashes would be very useful.

The main problem I can think on this is what happens when someone marks illegal content and it is stored on the bitmark servers or bitmark storage. There should be a way to report illegal content and a way to delete it.
dbkeys

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:20:43 PM

I like your suggestion !

May be it could be a new tab intended explusively for marking, showing the available fields to fill, and when the user commits the action then it automatically do the transaction, marks the file and upload it to the bitmark storage.

A webpage having a "marked files explorer" that allows anyone to search and to check the marked files, additional data, timestamp and hashes would be very useful.

The main problem I can think on this is what happens when someone marks illegal content and it is stored on the bitmark servers or bitmark storage. There should be a way to report illegal content and a way to delete it.

The question of legality is always tied to jurisdiction. It's an interesting question, because what is legal in one place might not be legal in another. There should be a way to report questionable content, and for contributors to the storage federation to decide whether they want to keep it or not.

82ndabnmedic (OP)

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 02:50:21 PM

I like your suggestion !

The question of legality is always tied to jurisdiction. It's an interesting question, because what is legal in one place might not be legal in another. There should be a way to report questionable content, and for contributors to the storage federation to decide whether they want to keep it or not.

Those are good points.

We could look into the Firewall offerings (through the web server/services provider)

It is easy to block certain types of traffic, however files (with illegal content) gets a bit trickier.

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/71/pan-os/pan-os/policy/create-best-practice-security-profiles

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Management-Articles/Complete-List-of-PAN-DB-URL-Filtering-Categories/ta-p/129799

Not sure if google offers an API for this. That said it would be prudent to take a similar approach as services like reddit. Relying on the community is much more feasible, since we don't have the resources/assets for this at the moment.

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
dimarco
Copper Member

Activity: 60

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 08:14:14 PM

We've added bitmark to our pool http://nlgpool.nl/pool/ as a merged mining coin ...
Feel free to join us Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: