Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:42:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail  (Read 319585 times)
laserfocused

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 01:54:20 AM

There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

First we need to define failure.  Is it failure to meet the hard or soft cap? or it goes below the ICO price upon launch? Or it plain goes out of existence within a year or two after launching?  The fact is that 90% plus ICOs will fail within a year or two of launching.  I will base my case around the 1-2 year failure mark.

Does not have a sound plan.  ICOs need to start developing business plans, not just whitepapers, with cash flows and projections.

Launching an ICO in a crowded space that does not add substantial extra value to the market.

Poor marketing to name the key items.
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:00:23 AM

In my opinion ICO will be success or fail depend on the their team founder, if they really solid and professional to development their project for sure will success although many competitor in the market.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
abaidudez

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:03:42 AM

If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"

The reasons are they don't get the support of the people or investors because they don't really have great idea that will convince the people to support them.
The project concepts are not that well presented. Investors don't believe that project can't achieve their goal.

▀▀████████████████▄▄         H A V E N      /      HOLD HAVEN. EARN BNB!         ▄▄████████████████▀▀
Community Driven DeFi Project Built on BSC
|    Whitepaper    |      Telegram      |       Twitter       |      [ SafeHaven.Finance ]      |     Instagram     |        Reddit        |      YouTube      |
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:08:05 AM

A team that promised something that's almost impossible during their ICO could end up failing. A promise that could result them to develop for maybe more than 5 years can also make investors lose patience as most of them are only interested in profit after the ICO. Also there are ICO that don't present their team member's profile which can lead doubts to investors too. Project can already fail even on the very first stage of development.
Wxrhino

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 02:30:02 AM

At this time if the ICO doesn't have utility or a proof concept, it's just raising money to try to test if an idea can be made real. This is always a bad investment and I'm unfortunate enough to have made investments into these schemes. Lessons learned, always pay attention to concept in white paper and make sure ICO has a strong team. I literally check all the team members' LinkedIns to make sure they are legitimate, alot of these ICO will have profiles of people with almost no background in the area expertise required for their project.
nonik

Activity: 367

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:28:07 AM

If in my opinion, the failure of ICO because the white paper they launched does not give a clear explanation, the team work that they form is not solid, the company's production is not clear, the way they market the product is less attractive and the uncertainty of profit given by the company is unclear so the investor interested in investing, plus bounty managers who handle not experienced.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:43:09 AM

One of the reasons why ICOs fail is the failure to market properly their ICO and the lack of communication to the investors and the bounty campaign participants. There are so many ICOs to choose from and it's hard to choose which ICO or project would really be useful in the future. Too complicated projects is one of the turn offs as well to the investors because it makes them doubt if the developers would really be able to implement the project properly or may even be able to push it through. The more simple the project is, the more understandable it is to the investors and imagine the outcome and how useful it is to the people and then investors can see the demand of it in the foreseeable future.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:46:45 AM

Honestly, I think there are multiple reasons why ICOs fail.  Here's a quick 10...

1. Too many other players in the same market sector.
2. Inferior or incompatible team.
3. Poor concept
4. Lack of planning
5. Sabotaged by outside forces
6. Insufficient (or poorly targeted) marketing
7. A fad.
8. Hard Cap and/or Low Cap set unachievable high
9. Token price
10. Poor documentation or product explanation (White paper, Blue paper, Tokenomics)
Arata

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:50:04 AM

An ICO indicated a scam, a team of unclear developers, marketing strategies are not on target, not reaching the minimum target and not clear the project.
mobilazy

Activity: 308
Merit: 22

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:56:45 AM

Failure is a natural of being startup. More than 50% of startup dies, even after receiving a 1st round of investment. With ICO it is more difficult to succeed, usually, easy money spoils them, the only thing they care is to create hype and listing on exchanges. Sadly, the same thing early investors want, make 5x profits and leave the project with a handful of ETH and BTC. I love to see that declining trend after the initial spike. Pre-sale is the only option left for greedy investors, with a huge bonuses possible able to make up for the loss. But good projects will survive if the whole cryptomarket survived.

---Bounty is a stupid use of my time---
Anzal RK

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:00:36 AM

ICO fail ??

We know, sometimes ICO fail because the Developer is not Soo seurieusly to work that project.
And sometimes, concept and Idea is bored and not interest.
That why reason.
doctordidi

Activity: 238
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:14:10 AM

Actually many reasons for the ICO's failure.Sometimes ICOs are ineligible, so investors are often less interested in the projects they run.Sometimes the vision of his ICO mission is unclear and it is also doubtful.So I think once the ICO requires clarity for investors to be interested.
waligu

Activity: 259

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:18:05 AM

1. A high monthly percentage is promised only by the pyramids.
2. There is no clear idea why this crypto currency is needed
3. Lack of experience in real business

M0N3YMAGNET

Activity: 159

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:24:37 AM

The reason why they fail is because the community keeps falling for SCAMS which is what the majority of them are. These are people who clearly missed the Bitcoin boat and are now trying to collect more Bitcoin. It's so obvious. Yes, they want to raise in ETH and go buy more BTC. Next, these ICO's are clearly incredibly lucrative for the common clinical psychopath (some who are reading this) it's a scam. Make a complicated rocket science white paper, excite ignorant people about it, and take their funds. It's like gambling. They are predators seeking weak people who can't think for themselves, or they are people who follow popular YouTube influencers (I don't want to name specifics). It's sick.

However, a tiny amount of these ICO's are sincere and want to do something in the space. We should be doing research and finding these sincere projects and weeding out the garbage.
ejawusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:31:00 AM

Reason why ICO fail, for me because :
1. Unclear concepts.
2. Changing end time ico, make ico participants finally abandon the project and cause the project to fail,
3. The bad team and the project too many rules than any other ico project

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Melit02

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:32:09 AM

It really happens and we experience that ico's fail. The reason is they don't reach their softcap and they don't have the team work. Many investors will not be interested on that ico because they are trustable. They need to convince the community to invest and trust their project.
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:38:45 AM

You nailed it. I am in favor with your recommendations.  I think you should also add to your list that the ICOs fails because it has no originality or the concept was already encountered by the investors before. Additionally, it does not addressed the current needs of the people. Lastly, the team/developers do not have enough experience in launching ICOs .
BitcoinCazh

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:42:28 AM

i think because these reasons
  • A team of nobodies, bad or not professional
  • Too high or too low cap
  • Idea not original
  • roadmap not clearly
its these reasons, why investors dont want to join in the ICO, and because not reach targets the ico will die (fail)

RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:47:00 AM

most ICO fails because of the poor project, means that it has no long term projects, many investors look for good ICO and has a good platform that has a long term effect on the market. thats why the lack of  support in the community most ICo fails.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:53:57 AM

There are multiple reasons for an ICO fail, however most important are:

Product/Service they are offering
The team behind the project
Clear roadmap

Nowadays we saw over hyped ICOs and once ICO finished token price drop more than 50%.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: