Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:32:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 82 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail  (Read 319585 times)
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:03:47 AM

There are many reasons why an ICO project is failing:
- The idea of the project is not new and uses unpopular keywords.
- The development team of the project is not well known and has few achievements.
- The project is not impressive and not impressive for investors.
- The project attracted little capital and did not have enough money to develop after the project ended.

yasong

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:07:16 AM

There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.
There are too many crooks
apilpirman.bisnis

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:12:01 AM

Many ico was failed because they are using work system like ponzi, where they sell their coin and make earning for daily or years several percent based on how much token they have. It one way will became the ico will failed in the next time, he seen the fact of bitcoinnect where scam and regalcoin too have failed. Because the owner have include of ponzi work system for their coin in working for investment.
Youngflydude256

Activity: 137

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:14:24 AM

Yeah most ico are too unrealistic making the project use case unfeasible and making the ico fail at the end of the day. Ambitious icos needs way more than whitepaper. Real working products have to be put in place before I can even count myself in.
meukarat

Activity: 226
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 06:48:21 AM

Most of the Ico are scams, many Ico are just made to deceive those people is why most of it. That 55% Ico is failing too much. In any business, the percentage of campaigns that create high losses. If we take the startup scope, only one project out of ten survives there. So, not too bad in the field of Ico as it is given in the media.
ice_man75

Activity: 150
Merit: 44

ICEMAN - SMART CONTRACTS DEVELOPER

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 07:04:59 AM

If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"

The main reason they fail is that they lack expertise in the field that they are offering their product in. They have the idea but don't know how to execute it, there are alot of experts out there that can help them but they are not willing to pay them. Because everybody wants to get rich without investing/risking their money.

bornMercurial

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:05:09 AM

According to this, ICO fails because most people today are not stupid enough to do something they are not aware of. But I think many teams start ICO before the project is ready for it. I see so many projects that require so much work to be done, but their ICO is already on the market.

chocolaty

Activity: 294
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:09:42 AM

In order to be successful, the team behind the project must be able to foresee what the community of the future demands and needs. It should be within the interest of their target investors. Aside from a good project, the team working behind it plays a special role in leading the ICO towards success because they are in-charge of the steering wheel. Among which I have mentioned are some of the failing points of an ICO. Ideas tend to be mainstream and is not new in the eye of the public, it is out of their interest, or the team working behind it is just too unexperienced.

Alex_ODN

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:11:08 AM

There is very simply reason - there is no testing before ICOs.
Most of them are based on fiction. Their ideas can be nice, but they don't know whether it will work or not in the future.
Teams are created by random guys and they don't know can they execute their task in highest level.
That's why it's super important to know if project has a working prototype (MVP), strong team and solid history.
That's why I chose WELLLTRADO project.
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:22:22 AM

The reason behind ICO failure  is because they cant sustain the demand of the investors  to makes their company or business successful in this industry and also they are not properly and braver build to face the struggles and circumstances to the business possible problems.
Sigmund King

Activity: 96

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:52:56 AM

Many ICO’s will fail because they don’t have the basic understanding of the reason for the use of blockchain. If you don’t know the reason as to why your application is utilizing blockchain and how to choose the appropriate framework for the task, you will fail every time.
phpartisanmaster

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:53:46 AM

In my own opinion, the only reason why ico's are failing is that developers are not working too hard in order to get investors and maybe their platform is bad and not good for long term investment.
suzanne5223

Activity: 2660
Merit: 651

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 01:40:55 AM

In my own opinion, the only reason why ico's are failing is that developers are not working too hard in order to get investors and maybe their platform is bad and not good for long term investment.
Well, its not really the work of the developer to woo the investors but the market strategy which must to be put in place in other to woo the investors and the investors mostly like to see a project with outstanding concept which will woo the world.

Kakao_Z

Activity: 158

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 02:04:33 AM

failure in ico. could be because the project information is less clear. development is not good, so people do not want the money lost for the project is not clear . or lack of community from the project. so be careful in following ico. to avoid fraud.
sdshd

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:08:31 AM

The tokens created must provide practicality in the ecosystem they are in and can increase the network effect. ICO tokens must be part of the company's business model. Many tokens are not practical, and failure is a matter of course.
cikey

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:08:58 AM

Because most of the ICO project is more like a hype, they didn't have any meaning, from their white paper can determine that they are unlikely to succeed, so I think now is not a good time to an investment ICO.
I agree with this, too many ICO projects just to flick the novice to invest. Most of them are scams.
nonik

Activity: 367

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:13:36 AM

there are many reasons why ICO fails, I think the failure of ico is due to the unsupportive teamwork in completing the ICO marketing especially when they want to cooperate with colleagues, the work team can not have a good experience and the product they produce is not interesting to sell.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Jasell

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 09:23:12 AM

I believe in those aforementioned lists why some ICO's fail. To add, i think greediness of one of the team that lead to theft. Also, i think lack of constant update and failure to do what was promised in their roadmap could give hesitation to investors that could lead to dumping.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
godspree

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:34:30 AM

There were many successful ICOs in the past couple of years, but there have been also many unsuccessful ICOs and ICO scams. It seems to me that the main reason for  ICO to fail is lack of regulatory reporting standards. ICOs are under no regulatory obligation to report on funding figures or on the economic health of the company or the project, which make analytics regarding ICOs difficult to find out.
loaddebitcard

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:43:12 AM

there are many reasons why ICO fails, I think the failure of ico is due to the unsupportive teamwork in completing the ICO marketing especially when they want to cooperate with colleagues, the work team can not have a good experience and the product they produce is not interesting to sell.

Not really, it's mostly about the hype and advertising. Telling you, it's a tons of good nice projects on the market but nobody knows about them due to the situation that projects aren't presented anywhere
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 82 »
  Print  

Jump to: