Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:44:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin legal  (Read 1167 times)
rubyross

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:56:41 AM

As far as i know there is no law yet which regards to bitcoin. It not illegal, other countries may ban bitcoin but its not illegal.
S4roZa

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:59:15 AM

To our knowledge, bitcoin has not been declared illegal in some countries. Although there are some countries that strictly prohibit foreign currency. There are also other countries that restrict certain currency entity entities such as bitcoin exchanges.
mount34

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:00:22 AM

Bitcoin is legal in some countries, but there are still a large number of countries that have not accepted Bitcoin. It may be that Bitcoin's uncontrollability prevents the national government from accepting Bitcoin.
kugmo mura nag bato

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:01:04 AM

Yes,  it's legal because we have so many prove of transaction of bitcoin, if it is illegal why many people joining this bitcoin if this is illegal, many of us curious about this but there's no harm in training, we just need to know the positive sides so that we have no doubt if it is legal or illegal.
Cakalasia

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:01:13 AM

Bitcoin are not illegal and not considered legal that my opinion and I see in my country. But the other countries  bitcoin it's illegal and they banned bitcoin.
bhyviyt

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:02:08 AM

It's not legal in several countries because crypto can be used for crime transaction with no tracking detected, the government confuse if someone's is corruption and convert his corrupt's money into crypto

Actually, for Bitcoin, the attitudes of various countries are not consistent. Countries like the United Kingdom and the United States are relatively open and have a higher level of acceptance (higher ones do not necessarily mean acceptance); however, it is more difficult for countries with a combination of politics and business to accept it. Based on some of the special features of Bitcoin, and the fact that this market is just beginning to grow, it is not necessarily accepted by all countries.
baby25

Activity: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:30:50 AM

it depends on the country. bitcoin is legal in some country because they used it for payment. but some country saw it as an instrument for gambling which is a big mistake
Kocret02

Activity: 1176
Merit: 250

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:33:40 AM

bitcoin legal policy depends on each country, because so far many countries that legalize bitcoin and some that do not legalize bitcoin. bitcoin is still in the speculation of pros and cons in various countries. but I think many citizens use bitcoin

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Astermony

Activity: 373
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:40:20 AM

As long as it is not declared illegal bitcoin is okay in a certain country.
More and more regulations are now being implemented in cryptocurrency. This can make bitcoin be really approved by the government. When they implement new rules it will help in the long run the cryptomarket.

Though bitcoin or any other crypto can still be used in illegal activities. Such as trading money that is gained illegally or scamming some people.
Yes that's right, bitcoin is not against the law. It such that bitcoin is also not following the law of government. It is only depend to the user how they use it. It's not bad to engage in this investing. Just make it in a good way
james23

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:41:12 AM

To the best of my knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies. Other jurisdictions (such as Thailand) may limit the licensing of certain entities such as Bitcoin exchanges.
Regulators from various jurisdictions are taking steps to provide individuals and businesses with rules on how to integrate this new technology with the formal, regulated financial system.

But have you come to think of it... Whether Bitcoin can be used for illegal Activities...
What are some ways you think it can be used for? (illegal Activities) mention some.

Bitcoin is legal because many people keep working and believing many millionaires are investors to it and many countries are already using bitcoin
Markpet01

Activity: 124

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:43:54 AM

In my own opinion bitcoin is legal because it's depends on the people playing it if they do something wrong or not.
SyrulRamadhan

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:51:05 AM

In some countries bitcoin is legal but there are also countries that prohibit it. Bitcoin can be used as a means of payment rather than bitcoinnya but altcoin more can be used for payment because the price is cheap
jonas5222000

Activity: 476

Student Coin

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 03:59:44 AM

I think its legal,in my country which is the philippines was looking to use this bitcoin,and now the philippines national banks was looking forward for it,and many branches was accepted it.but i dont understand why other country was didnt accept this bitcoin,they didnt know that it can gave more opportunity to other people.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens ♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───●✦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
Torbeks

Activity: 298
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:00:53 AM

We can say it is legal because it is not declared illegal and most of countries are accepting and acknowledging bitcoin in their area. You can also say it is illegal because many scammers are using bitcoin for their doings. I can say it is legal because, in our country, bitcoin can be used anywhere and it is also regulated and acknowledged by the Central Bank of our country.
Which country do you belong? I'm from the Philippines. In our country, bitcoin is not considered as illegal. Many people are using its name to scam others but it is completely legal. Although it is not the medium of the country when it comes to payment, but many establishments are accepting it, even an ATM machine is also applicable in our county.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
hadveach

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:13:26 AM

To the best of my knowledge, Bitcoin has not been made illegal by legislation in most jurisdictions. However, some jurisdictions (such as Argentina and Russia) severely restrict or ban foreign currencies. Other jurisdictions (such as Thailand) may limit the licensing of certain entities such as Bitcoin exchanges.
Regulators from various jurisdictions are taking steps to provide individuals and businesses with rules on how to integrate this new technology with the formal, regulated financial system.

But have you come to think of it... Whether Bitcoin can be used for illegal Activities...
What are some ways you think it can be used for? (illegal Activities) mention some.

yes, until today I have no found more specific legal rules about bitcoin bans. but the rules of a country has a general context about the prohibition of foreign currency. so, because the bitcoin is foreign then the bitcoin is illegal and can not be used as a transaction tool.

yes, if the state does not accept bitcoin, it means illegal, then bitcoin will be an opportunity to perform illegal activities as well.

some information says that bitcoin is used to fund terrorism.
travelgear17

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:19:51 AM

only a few countries have declared Bitcoins ‘unlawful’ which means customers can’t use Bitcoins in ordinary transactions however that doesn’t imply that they cannot use it for making payments. it could be used for getting matters from the global marketplace or transferring cash throughout distinctive nations.

to this point, best Japan is the first us of a to apprehend and legalize Bitcoin, possibly because it turned into invented there. Many different international locations that oppose Bitcoins, do so because Bitcoin transactions occur without important protection and it’s hard to hint the parties involved in the transactions.

the difficulty is a lot complex inside the US, which is involved approximately who might do the legislating—the states or the center.
jackky

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:40:26 AM

In my country, Bitcoin is thought to be a risky currency for the economy, so many people are investing in virtual currencies in my country and defying it. Government law does not allow; I do not think Bitcoin in the future will be accepted in my country because the economy in the state is very underdeveloped.
Johnny Lgz

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:42:14 AM

So far the 'accepted' phrase can discribe the existence of bitcoin in a certain country, as for today, some are still trying to legalize it some says its legal on their country but its only allowed since there is no law proclaiming that bitcoin is legal on their  place
jinxing

Activity: 276
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 04:44:49 AM

Bitcoin in my country is not legal yet the government does not prohibit and give users freedom to invest in it. Because bitcoin is not a currency but an asset. As an investor or user does not have legal protection and risks borne alone. The government does not legalize bitcoin because many are abusing such as money laundering and even forbidden transactions.and the government is wary of that.
amwer

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:04:46 AM

The legality of Bitcoin depends on who you are, where you are in the world, and what you’re doing with it. Here’s our guide on legal issues concerning Bitcoin, where we mostly focus on the US but cover other major countries as well.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: