News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Satoshi come Forward?
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the Creator of Bitcoin come forward?  (Read 5938 times)
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 02:15:01 AM

At this point no one is going to believe the person who claims to be Satoshi. There is no need for this person to come forward regardless. Bitcoin is in the communities hands.

It's not a matter of belief.  Whoever would make such a claim would not be believed, unless they could sign a message with Satoshi's key.  If they could, they're probably Satoshi.
kentrolla

Activity: 1596
Merit: 566

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2013, 02:24:30 AM

no, all the women flocking to him would be too much to handle

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
alkaz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 07:48:32 AM

no, i dont think he should

but im wondering how many BTC does he have ?  Undecided

knightmb

Activity: 308
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2013, 10:03:24 AM

At this point no one is going to believe the person who claims to be Satoshi. There is no need for this person to come forward regardless. Bitcoin is in the communities hands.
I would. I have many communications with him from years ago that only he would know about and has never been made public. If someone came forward claiming to be him, I could easily verify since I know what PC he was using, what part of the world he was living in, etc. before he started to actually try to be anonymous on the net. I can't say if he is alive or dead right now, but he could easily verify being alive at least with me because he would still know how to contact me. I do respect him wanting to be anonymous though. If there ever was a real search for him I probably have enough info to get any team on a really good start to finding him.  Grin
But... respect his privacy.

Timekoin - The World's Most Energy Efficient Encrypted Digital Currency
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 02:08:20 PM

I leaned toward no.

but then we have to consider the pros and cons and even the interesting parts about this question.

Pros

If they come forward they know the entire system and could begin making changes to the kernel with surgical precision.
Their appearance will show the face of Bitcoin, who created it.
It would be nice for marketing.
If they got sued by the banks, the different paradigm in which Satoshi works would render all attacks on them pointless(Satoshi built it by themselves, their iniciative shows they'd do it again anyway.)

Cons

They are falable human beings; Character assassination would be innevitable, the vision in everyones mind of Bitcoin would fade, only satoshi's vision would prevail.
They would get sued by the banks guaranteed.
A lot of the creative work on Bitcoin may be subdued
Some may not like a concise solid vision, would not think to alter it, even though satoshi encouraged it.

Interesting

They may have some pretty crazy ideas never seen before
What if satoshi rallied the millions of Bitcoin users, considering we comprise the top 1% in intelligence in the planet it could change the world... they could act like a General organizing the Bitcoin collective into a cohesive group... forming the largest corporation on earth.
What if Satoshi is just a regular guy, an autodidact? who learned everything on their own and has no accreditation?
What if they are a she?
What if it is the NSA?

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 02:20:41 PM

If they come forward they know the entire system and could begin making changes to the kernel with surgical precision.

The code is so different to how Satoshi left it. Sure he would know a lot about it but not really enough to give himself an intellectual advantage over the system.

However his popularity and the authority he would command could be dangerous, especially if he rallied against Bitcoin. A lot of people would stay, but some might lose confidence.

The big danger is the amount of Bitcoins he holds, anywhere from 500,000 to 3,000,000. If he wanted he could carry out any type of market manipulation. You might see this as a non-issue, and I agree Satoshi is probably not going to destroy us, but he would then be the target for many Governments.

If Bitcoin rises to a trillion dollar economy, Satoshis stash will make him the richest person in the world. That is true absolute power, you can raise an army with that much "gold", look back at history. All the powers of today will want that gold and Satoshi will be at risk for his life and we will be at risk some power getting those coins and ruling the world.

What if Satoshi is just a regular guy, an autodidact? who learned everything on their own and has no accreditation?

If this is the case I will be really happy!

What if satoshi rallied the millions of Bitcoin users, considering we comprise the top 1% in intelligence in the planet it could change the world... they could act like a General organizing the Bitcoin collective into a cohesive group... forming the largest corporation on earth.

No need to rally us. I am sure we will all eventually help shape a bright Bitcoin future that changes the world. Hopefully we do not need to be in the top 1% of intelligence though, as I will be left out!

They are falable human beings; Character assassination would be innevitable, the vision in everyones mind of Bitcoin would fade, only satoshi's vision would prevail.

This will be sad, but its probably something that would happen. If Satoshi becomes known his image will be attacked if he turns out to be some smart lone hacker.

What if they are a she?
What if it is the NSA?

If they are the NSA, lets hope the crypto used is not compromised. If not then I don't see how they hope to hold back the monster they have created.

If Satoshi is a woman? That would be very awesome and would get a lot more girls into math and computer science. The sausage fest must end!
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:13:18 PM

If there ever was a real search for him I probably have enough info to get any team on a really good start to finding him.  Grin

Well, smarty-pants, I hope you still think it's as clever to say that when the Men in Black are beating you in the kidneys with iron rods, yelling "What's the frequency, Kenneth?"
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 03:32:12 PM

The big danger is the amount of Bitcoins he holds, anywhere from 500,000 to 3,000,000. If he wanted he could carry out any type of market manipulation. You might see this as a non-issue, and I agree Satoshi is probably not going to destroy us, but he would then be the target for many Governments.
This man oughta use that money to bring heaven to earth via music festival.  Way more cool things in the higher dimensions than on earth.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Inedible

Activity: 700

What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 11:53:22 PM

I would. I have many communications with him from years ago that only he would know about and has never been made public. If someone came forward claiming to be him, I could easily verify since I know what PC he was using, what part of the world he was living in, etc. before he started to actually try to be anonymous on the net. I can't say if he is alive or dead right now, but he could easily verify being alive at least with me because he would still know how to contact me. I do respect him wanting to be anonymous though. If there ever was a real search for him I probably have enough info to get any team on a really good start to finding him.  Grin

Doesn't the government have access to all your communications (for those not in the know I'm not referring to Prism, I'm referring to the confiscation of all KnightMB's computer equipment)?

Won't that mean that they could pose as him using the information gleaned from you?

If this post was useful, interesting or entertaining, then you've misunderstood.
Bullionado

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 12:14:38 AM

I was thinking the other day how different Bitcoin would be today if Satoshi or whoever created Bitcoin came forward and took credit. If there were one person to answer questions and explain the benefits of using Bitcoin it might've caught on quicker.

On the other hand, I was also thinking about the possibility that the true creator of Bitcoin is dead or murdered. If Satoshi actually chose to remain anonymous then it would make it that much easier for him to be killed without anyone knowing. If he were famous then his every move would be watched.

Or what if it was not a single person that started Bitcoin, but a group of individuals with their own secret motives. Why would they chose to remain anonymous and for what purpose?

Regardless, it is strange that the public does not know who is behind the fastest growing digital currency in the world. What do you think?

To answer your question. I voted YES, he should come forward and take the compliments.

As for your entire post, the word "kill" and "murder" holds special prominence. Why is murdering of a tech god necessary to pass on a point?

Smiley
theecoinomist

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:24:00 AM

I can understand why the creator has not come forward, for obvious reasons, but Bitcoin imo would be taken much more seriously to the majority of big investors if the creator was at least contactable. So I vote, yes!

but its open source, for every programmer to inspect

Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 01:28:23 AM

I was thinking the other day how different Bitcoin would be today if Satoshi or whoever created Bitcoin came forward and took credit. If there were one person to answer questions and explain the benefits of using Bitcoin it might've caught on quicker.

On the other hand, I was also thinking about the possibility that the true creator of Bitcoin is dead or murdered. If Satoshi actually chose to remain anonymous then it would make it that much easier for him to be killed without anyone knowing. If he were famous then his every move would be watched.

Or what if it was not a single person that started Bitcoin, but a group of individuals with their own secret motives. Why would they chose to remain anonymous and for what purpose?

Regardless, it is strange that the public does not know who is behind the fastest growing digital currency in the world. What do you think?

I think if he is known to the world. He will be on the US's most wanted list. And all the player in the central bank would find some law to lock him up. Because he is a threat to the United State of America.
ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 09:11:57 PM

We should all start assuming Satoshi is dead.

So that when (not if) he comes forward, he is rising and not just "coming forward".
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 01:55:19 AM

No body would believe even if the creator come forward and most importantly no body cares. Everyone just wanna make money from Bitcoin...
mrdavis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 03:02:28 AM

Doesn't the government have access to all your communications (for those not in the know I'm not referring to Prism, I'm referring to the confiscation of all KnightMB's computer equipment)?

Won't that mean that they could pose as him using the information gleaned from you?

And if they somehow didn't get that information in the raid... are you trying to entice them or another government agency to raid you again?
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:02:56 AM

No we shouldn't.

Also, is that a death threat?  Because I'm Satoshi, you dick!  How dare you try to take out a "clean hit" on me with the very currency I created?  You damn pirate!
ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 03:26:12 AM

No we shouldn't.

Also, is that a death threat?  Because I'm Satoshi, you dick!  How dare you try to take out a "clean hit" on me with the very currency I created?  You damn pirate!

Wow. That's all it took guys.

And here I present, Satoshi.
BitcoinBarrel (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 03:30:44 AM

No we shouldn't.

Wow. That's all it took guys.

And here I present, Satoshi.

Well I guess it's settled then. Let's phone the press!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2013, 11:47:02 AM

We are behind the fastest growing digital currency in the world.

It doesn't matter who Satoshi is.

Yepyep.

It is the people, that:

- reflect upon the mechanics of bitcoin and try to contineously improve it
- create all those startups that will be the base that will be needed when bitcoin will be used mainstream
- talk to people that do not understand the concept, explain them and calmly show them why their fears are not really valid
- OFC all users/miners/geeks of Bitcoin Smiley

jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 07:18:05 AM

I think Satoshi should come forward... is everyone ready?

WE are Satoshi Nakamoto, founders of a decentralized, peer to peer, revolutionary vision of the future.

Our individual vision as users and thinkers is what makes this revolution so powerful, Our combined imagination, the
totality of our collective thoughts developing along the lines of the software that inspired us. WE are decentralized, peer to peer at every level from the creation of the protocol, to our organization and function as a community working toward our individual vision, creating all possibilities apparent and reproducible at the same time.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: