Bitcoin Forum
September 24, 2018, 02:44:44 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the US Dollar Too Volatile?  (Read 452 times)
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

Mainstream For The Underground

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:16:44 PM

As for me, I've heard that US owe China a lot of money, so they are in debt.
Why so much debt? Can you explain it to everyone? And the dollar is so volatile?

MFTU   Mainstream For The Underground   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make a difference with your Ether.
Donate Ether for the greater good.
SPRING.WETRUST.IO
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluctuations

Activity: 186
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:26:06 PM

I do not think that . I see the value of the dollar is very stable. To say it is volatile I do not feel right. With the current president of the US is embargo the money transfer business to foreign investment. So evaporation is impossible.
PlusOne88

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:15:54 PM

I don't think so, and I am not accepting your idea of volatility as presented. While it is true that the US dollar might have change extremely in a span of ten years, consider also that there are events that could have happened during those years. I didn't do a lot of research but the year around 1910 to 1920 but that is the time when the economy might not be fairly well and there were a lot of chaos or civil war and unemployment most probably. When movies and other industries are doing good around 1930 to 1940 it did make a  rise to dollar but goes dropping again during the world war 2. And also notice that 10 years was a very long year to consider for the volatility. So I am not agreeing with you certainly.
piter_wip12592

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

America is a country with a strong economy and stability. So the US dollar is very stable on price. To say the volatile US dollar I find is not true for this currency.
Jennifer_Elam

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:39:18 PM

America is one of economically strongest country, but I am not sure if its economic strength is real. I have heard that US is in debt a lot, that they owe China a lot of money. If they continue on that road of debt, Dollar would be ruined. With everything that America is involved with, its no wonder that Dollar is so volatile.

I don't know what to think about the economic relationship between the united states and china. I do wonder how much of china's recent economic success can be measured in china pirating patented american technology and media. China pirates everything from gaming consoles to CD's/DVD's, to technology and industrial processes which are copyrighted intellectual property which in theory should be protected under international law. China has even gone so far as to counterfeit ferraris, luxury automobiles, car parts and other brand name products.

Is it correct that china "loans" the USA money in terms of them buying US treasury bonds. I don't know if that qualifies as the united states owing china money. There could be a trade war brewing between the two nations. China recently has moved to drop the petro dollar and is seeking to denominate their oil transactions in their native currency, the yuan.

To be honest, american politicians normally bend over backwards for china. They have sold out their own country to the chinese for years. Its only recently that we're beginning to see a paradigm shift in the opposite direction, with the trade deficit between china and the USA reversing for the first time in decades.

China quite literally props up the US economy by continuing to buy it's debt through bond sales, along with a handful of other countries like Saudi Arabia and Japan (but Japan is in such a deep hole now too that they don't really count anymore). If China decided to stop funding American debt, it could very well default unless a different course of action was taken. I'm just taking a wild guess here, but something tells me that's why Putin and Xi have been hanging out so much lately

The US Dollar is not volatile, it's becoming more and more worthless. Volatility implies an increase in price as well, and we've just seen a steady decline over the years as inflation takes its toll and lowers the purchasing power. But wages are rising too, so it's a never ending race...
zxcv cool

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:47:13 PM

The dollar is relatively well protected against the currencies of other countries, and the yuan has fallen a lot recently, but gold is the best bet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.