Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:35:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the US Dollar Too Volatile?  (Read 1273 times)
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:16:44 PM

As for me, I've heard that US owe China a lot of money, so they are in debt.
Why so much debt? Can you explain it to everyone? And the dollar is so volatile?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fluctuations

Activity: 183
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:26:06 PM

I do not think that . I see the value of the dollar is very stable. To say it is volatile I do not feel right. With the current president of the US is embargo the money transfer business to foreign investment. So evaporation is impossible.
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 10:15:54 PM

I don't think so, and I am not accepting your idea of volatility as presented. While it is true that the US dollar might have change extremely in a span of ten years, consider also that there are events that could have happened during those years. I didn't do a lot of research but the year around 1910 to 1920 but that is the time when the economy might not be fairly well and there were a lot of chaos or civil war and unemployment most probably. When movies and other industries are doing good around 1930 to 1940 it did make a  rise to dollar but goes dropping again during the world war 2. And also notice that 10 years was a very long year to consider for the volatility. So I am not agreeing with you certainly.

piter_wip12592

Activity: 219

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:29:07 PM

America is a country with a strong economy and stability. So the US dollar is very stable on price. To say the volatile US dollar I find is not true for this currency.
Jennifer_Elam

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:39:18 PM

America is one of economically strongest country, but I am not sure if its economic strength is real. I have heard that US is in debt a lot, that they owe China a lot of money. If they continue on that road of debt, Dollar would be ruined. With everything that America is involved with, its no wonder that Dollar is so volatile.

I don't know what to think about the economic relationship between the united states and china. I do wonder how much of china's recent economic success can be measured in china pirating patented american technology and media. China pirates everything from gaming consoles to CD's/DVD's, to technology and industrial processes which are copyrighted intellectual property which in theory should be protected under international law. China has even gone so far as to counterfeit ferraris, luxury automobiles, car parts and other brand name products.

Is it correct that china "loans" the USA money in terms of them buying US treasury bonds. I don't know if that qualifies as the united states owing china money. There could be a trade war brewing between the two nations. China recently has moved to drop the petro dollar and is seeking to denominate their oil transactions in their native currency, the yuan.

To be honest, american politicians normally bend over backwards for china. They have sold out their own country to the chinese for years. Its only recently that we're beginning to see a paradigm shift in the opposite direction, with the trade deficit between china and the USA reversing for the first time in decades.

China quite literally props up the US economy by continuing to buy it's debt through bond sales, along with a handful of other countries like Saudi Arabia and Japan (but Japan is in such a deep hole now too that they don't really count anymore). If China decided to stop funding American debt, it could very well default unless a different course of action was taken. I'm just taking a wild guess here, but something tells me that's why Putin and Xi have been hanging out so much lately

The US Dollar is not volatile, it's becoming more and more worthless. Volatility implies an increase in price as well, and we've just seen a steady decline over the years as inflation takes its toll and lowers the purchasing power. But wages are rising too, so it's a never ending race...
zxcv cool

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:47:13 PM

The dollar is relatively well protected against the currencies of other countries, and the yuan has fallen a lot recently, but gold is the best bet.

RadjorBlade

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:52:00 AM

I do not think that . I see the value of the dollar is very stable. To say it is volatile I do not feel right. With the current president of the US is embargo the money transfer business to foreign investment. So evaporation is impossible.
In this case, because there was a trade war between the United States and China, the US dollar experienced fluctuations which caused many developing countries to be affected, because to strengthen the value of the dollar, they raised import duties on Chinese products.
armarsterling7

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 11:57:02 AM

I think that is the change due to high inflation. You should not take only one country for example. I think you should give the charts of many developing countries like the United States for the most accurate comparison. I think that is the common ground and the country which promotes high inflation.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jimmyd178

Activity: 80

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:09:48 PM

Fiat currency, especially the dollar is relatively stable when compared to a cryptocurrency like bitcoin. The main stream media will stop targeting this weakness in volatility, that is why blockchain innovations like Mfhcain should be fully supported by the crypto community. Their mf2x protocol is design to give both users and merchants the leverage by providing an instant crypto-fiat conversion, this protects merchants and all users by allowing them chose whether to keep their payments in crypto or fiat. The criticism coming from mainstream media just point to the inherent potential untapped within the blockchain ecosystem. That is why i will gladly support any innovation tackling this challenges.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:27:44 PM

Today, it seems everywhere you look there are negative things being said about bitcoin volatility.

To break up the monotony of borish media sources endlessly discussing btc volatility as if they have nothing better to do than beat dead horses 24/7/365, let's change the subject to a more neglected topic, that of: fiat volatility.  Smiley

Behold exhibit A.

Image link: https://i.imgur.com/km3TFeR.jpg

This chart would appear to contradict what many say about the US dollar representing a stable value. The buying power of the US dollar appears to be declining significantly over time.

Example of the purchasing power of the US dollar declining: a 2 liter bottle of soda used to cost $1.00 in the united states, not long ago. Today it costs $2.00. If the paradigm shift from $1 to $2 occurs over a 10 year period, we might say that inflation is occurring @ a rate of 10% per year or the dollar is losing 10% of its value per year in contrast to purchasing food items like 2 liter bottles of soda. This precedent of diminishing fiat buying power could apply over our global economy.

So it is possible the purchasing power of the US dollar and other fiat currencies are diminishing significantly over time.

What are everyones thoughts on this?   Huh

Maybe other country is just gaining some strength over their economy and dollar prices will be affected by that because other people will lose interest for it.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 01:54:12 PM

What are everyones thoughts on this?   Huh

Really, this shit has been posted a shitload of times already. I remember you posting this chart a few times here, didn't you? But never mind, to make sense you should combine it with the growth in average hourly pay within the same time span. Then you would see the real, wages-adjusted value of the dollar, which has likely even increased due to technological improvements during the last 100 years.

Seriously, if you want to assess the dollar volatility, you should look at the USDX, the index which reflects the dollar strength against the basket of major currencies.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 06:42:42 PM

The dollar is not volatile but the politics of USA is insanely volatile which reflects on the american economy heavily considering they are a big part capitalist country that almost lets its citizens die from a simple sickness if they do not have money for hospitals (which are so expensive that people commonly say no to ambulances).

Now considering there has been a republican president (father Bush) than democrat president (Bill Clinton) than republican (g.w.bush) than democrat (Obama) than republican (trump) we can clearly say that Americans are really heavy on their democracy, obviously no one runs that country for too long and every side gets their chance and considering all around the world parties that take the presidency usually stays there for a long time its great that parties change constantly in USA, however that means politics and laws and how the country is run changes as well with each time which means there are always turmoil and changes that affect the economy there constantly, that is why dollar seems "volatile" whereas it probably is not.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:02:00 AM

That is on a timeline of decades and we can chuck it up to inflation rate that I don't have any idea who came up with it. This isn't exclusive only to USD, the same could be said to almost every othet currency in the globe because again inflation. Compared to crypto currency, Fiat's volatility is inconsequential but time will tell when crypto currency can be adopted.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
promich21

Activity: 76

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:00:23 AM

Why so much debt? Can you explain it to everyone? And the dollar is so volatile?
Dollars in my country rapidly increase. I think yes its volatile but not same as bitcoin and cryptocurrency. We can call it volatile but not highly volatile.
domarakooth

Activity: 94
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 05:53:31 AM

Dollars take some months or years to increase and decrease also there's no right predict for dollars.I think with increasing of  dollars we can make some profit while selling our bitcoins.
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:10:46 AM

The reason why the US dollar is stable is because the US dollar is an international currency and is the first of the four or five largest international currencies.
The dollar is accepted by many countries, and the dollar has a good resource base!
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:14:43 AM

What attracts me to bitcoin Was The ability to increase in value when the price of things also increase. We are certain that fiat currency lacks that ability. Fiat makes a man to be in financial slave, to be able to pay your bills comfortably you have to increase your working strength while with cryptocurrencies as the prices of things are appreciating so your cryptocurrencies are appreciating.  So cryptocurrency will give the opposite of that chart.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
fauzan Ichsan

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 06:36:31 AM

i think USD has a volatile dollar, but indeed compared to other fiat currencies, it is more stable. so as a reference from other national currencies. but i think more volatile cryptocurrency

altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:21:21 AM

I don't think volatility is applicable for US dollar considering that its market value remains to be stable through the years. If there were times it became volatile, but its value is almost the same.

visionE2

Activity: 616
Merit: 118

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 07:41:09 AM

yes the US Dollar  also is Volatile but its volatility not every day vs Bitcoin
the bitcoin volatility every day and it is depends on the sell and buy
yes your words it is true
That is because the volatility of dollar can be minimized by the government, while the volatility of bitcoin is very high because no one can regulates it, all depends on demand, but from what we saw above, the value of dollar always shows a decreasing average, unlike bitcoin whose value is more higher despite its volatility is high
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: