Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:48:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will future paper money disappear?  (Read 2408 times)
reboot24

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:23:27 PM

What Makes Cash So Coveted?
While electronic payment methods are more convenient in theory, it isn’t always so in practice.

The majority of security breaches occur via credit card transactions. With the swipe of a card, financial and personal information can be stolen. Cash is untraceable, making it a secure form of payment.

Technology Is Fallible
Credit card systems can easily fail, while cash can always be accepted. Other than exclusive e-commerce sites, cash is accepted everywhere, and can easily be tracked by money counter machines.

Cash Is Easy to Carry
While credit cards can be easy to carry as well, it’s less likely that you see someone pulling a card straight out of their pocket. Children without bank accounts are rarely trusted to use a parent’s credit card, and are more likely to be given cash. Cash can be folded up to fit anywhere, and is less devastating to lose.

Cash Is Instant
While PayPal, Venmo, and even some credit card scanners can take days to process your transaction, cash exchanges are immediate, and your bank account balance remains the same.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blondy12

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:27:04 PM

No, i don’t so in near future eventhough bitcoin was chosen by most of the people still the majority of people in every country still preferred to use fiat since most of them think the easiest way and used to it already. Besides, most establishment only accepts fiat payments for the transactions made. Most especially to the elders whose having a hard time in learning how crypto’s works.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 02:32:21 PM

With the development of cryptocurrency, more and more places accept bitcoin. In the future, will paper money disappear, and the money that people earn will be given to you in encrypted form, and the purchase will be paid in encrypted form?
Please give your opinion.
paper money in the future could be lost because it is no longer effective to use, in the future all payments will definitely use a smartphone, because by using a smartphone it will be easier ..
It is very possible because digital currency can facilitate us in doing financial transactions whenever and wherever we are. It will be much simpler and faster than using paper money. There are some good deals as well as credit cards and paypal too, but they offer a fairly high administrative fee, while Bitcoin offers a much cheaper price so we can send a small amount of money for a small fee.
JOoo12345

Activity: 23

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:00:46 PM

i think paper money wont disappear. because it is the trade mark of the country we live in. but in my opinion i think it is possible because of the growing technology. and it is much safer not to bring paper money because of the criminals. using encrypted money is much easier and safer.
Semaj123

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:09:11 PM

With the development of cryptocurrency, more and more places accept bitcoin. In the future, will paper money disappear, and the money that people earn will be given to you in encrypted form, and the purchase will be paid in encrypted form?

Paper money or also known as fiat will not be disappear because they are backed by the government. Cryptocurrenciea will only be an additional and not necessarily be implemented as the only one to used it in future. Fiat will still remain and will never be disappear.
BagzMM

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:42:28 PM

in my opinion it is not possible, although now cryptocurrency is growing I am sure the existence of paper money will still exist. because although this paper money has been in use since the first, and paper money is easy to use. Traditional people also do not understand about Bitcoin, but they prefer to use paper money!

Currently there are still countries that oppose cryptocurrency and what makes crypto difficult to replace fiat easily. I do not think fiat will disappear in the future given the fact that bitcoin has not yet reached global acceptance
Fiat money has been doing good and I don't see a valid reason why this will be taken away and replace with a volatile currency which is not suitable in a small amount transactions.
Bitexpert2017

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 03:45:49 PM

Well, in my opinion I think it is impossible for fiat or paper currencies to disapper because of cryptocurrencies given that there are people who are not into cryptos due to the volatility in the market.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:16:15 PM

yes I think paper money will disappear in the future because the function of paper money and digital money is more efficient digital currency because paper currency is not terlelu efficient and the raw materials of paper money thinning from year to year requires a lot of wood for make paper.
I think paper money will not disappear because some people are not quite interested on digital currency and less knowledge about the site in how to initiate as a payments. I think it will reduce paper money because we have our own perceptions on paper money and digital currency.
It is not even about digital currency alone. For instance, I cannot remember the last time I went into a bank to make any deposit or withdrawal in cash, and I have been holding few dollars in my wallet now for a while without even touching it since I can always do anything without cash. Of course, fiat will not disappear, but paper money just like how cowries became outdated, will one day as it is already, start fading away in usage.

Let's say in some places where technology is highly adopted, paper money like you called it is already becoming a thing of the past as a lot of people are already going cashless anyway, so that would even make the adoption of blockchain technology easy. If you are referring to fiat as a whole, apparently, we already know that is something that we can never see happen. No government will obviously give up control of such.
goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:43:22 PM

Although there may be an increased use of cryptocurrencies, it will not make fiat currency disappear. Even if more people and places accept bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, there will still be a large percentage of people who won't accept it or have probably not heard of it.
Also, the use of cryptocurrencies requires the services of the internet which means the nation that'll accept bitcoin must be able to provide internet services for its citizen. Although, this may be achieved in the developed countries in some years to come,  it seems impossible for developing and underdeveloped countries to achieve this. And this means cryptocurrencies can not totally wipe out fiat currencies.

Sydn777

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:46:09 PM

In a 20-40 years there's will be just crypto money and the others will desappear!!
Pujangga

Activity: 1078
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:56:11 PM

Paper money will be hard to sustain because of many weaknesses, future transactions are applicable globally, and now more and more countries are diverting from cash to digital money transactions so I'm sure that the future of paper money will disappear.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:16:15 PM

In a 20-40 years there's will be just crypto money and the others will desappear!!
No paper money cannot disappear even in the future.It will continue to function very well as it is doing now.Paper money is being used by each and every person of the world.It is internationally accepted and all the transactions are done through paper money only.It can be used anywhere and anytime unlike cryptocurrencies which need internet connection and cannot operate everywhere.Even if people accept bitcoin,paper money will continue to function as it is used by many people.
Indai24

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:49:56 PM

No paper money cannot disappear even in the future.It will continue to function very well as it is doing now.Paper money is being used by each and every person of the world.It is internationally accepted and all the transactions are done through paper money only.It can be used anywhere and anytime unlike cryptocurrencies which need internet connection and cannot operate everywhere.Even if people accept bitcoin,paper money will continue to function as it is used by many people.

I totally agree with you, it's very impossible to eliminate paper money because ever sinced this is our official paper currency that everybody can possibly take advantage of it. And it is very easy to access, comfortable to carry and most of easy to deal with. Paper money will remain as it is whatever happens or even if there are lots of currencies coming in.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:48:58 PM

I dont think it will disappear maybe it will lessen because cryptocurrency or digitcal money will be use in future. They cannot let paper money disappear government will never do this thing. Because this money represent different country.
You have explained one factor that is very important for the survival of paper money but there are a lot more reasons why paper money cannot perish away forever. We all know that there are third world countries who even don’t know about internet and computers. Even in the developed states, there are people who don’t like technology much and want to stay simple. All such factors will make paper money stay.

ahiaba.john@yahoo.com

Activity: 365

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:05:39 PM

Before the inception of bitcoin there was an internet baking in most of the countries in the world which actually plan to do away with paper money. This means the present of bitcoin, paper money will disappear very fast in just few years to come say 10 years from now.

jeanpadel14

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 10:07:35 PM

Cash is unlikely to go away soon. Coins and paper currency remain the most popular ways to pay for things in most countries. But longer term, cash appears to be in a losing battle with electronic payment methods.But the critics of cash have been met by their own critics, who argue that electronic payments can disenfranchise poor people who lack easy access to bank accounts and the internet and can make it much easier for governments and corporations to monitor a person’s every step.
In the end, though, the future of money is less likely to be determined by these arguments than to be shaped by the success of technologists making it easier for you to pay for your lunch or morning coffee without pulling out your wallet.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:01:43 AM

If the revolution of new technology will scatter through the very rural places in the world maybe the paper money will disappear , especially if bitcoin is to be legally adopted by all and every establishment around the world, but before this all happen the paper bill will always be there ,it will not totally vanished as medium of exchange.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
valentine401

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:26:32 AM

Future paper money can disappear if government will just allow cryptocurrency to become the major currency on the entire world but as of now there are a lot of companies who wants to remove bitcoins out of their country and most of them are banks because people are preferring to invest on cryptocurrency.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:42:15 AM

Future paper money can disappear if government will just allow cryptocurrency to become the major currency on the entire world but as of now there are a lot of companies who wants to remove bitcoins out of their country and most of them are banks because people are preferring to invest on cryptocurrency.

Maybe , but i think its hard to accept the cryptocurrency in the non-civilizated city or countries. Because paper money is important in the Wet market and fare for jeepneys and tricycle like here in the philippines. I think accepting only as a 2nd option or a partner of our paper money. So its very useful , because if you need paper money , you can and if you need crypto its up to you . One of the problem is all crypto need a internet connection so we need to think first before accepting. The government needs to strengthen internet sites to further strengthen the country's cryptocurrencies.

cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:52:30 AM

If the revolution of new technology will scatter through the very rural places in the world maybe the paper money will disappear , especially if bitcoin is to be legally adopted by all and every establishment around the world, but before this all happen the paper bill will always be there ,it will not totally vanished as medium of exchange.

With the advancement of technology, paper money can be disappear. People will adapting new technology and leaving the old one. With digital money like cryptocurrency, people will more safe because its almost impossible to hack on crypto account
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: