Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:27:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoins be antiques  (Read 1577 times)
xhoondilan

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:45:48 AM

I don't think it will going to be, bitcoin now is still fighting and we can't say that it's been old and not being worthy. So i guess it's not antique yet but the future of our money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kunal666456

Activity: 104
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:56:38 AM

Whether an item is an antique or not depends on its number and its demand.Because the number of bitcoins is limited and its demand is very high, it can be called antque. Because it is not so difficult to achieve it, so it should be considered as aunt's idea that it is a thoughtful subject.But as long as the demand for something goes on and it grows, it can be called antique.
Because we know the number of bitcoins is limited so I have this antique accordingly.
melonbtchunter

Activity: 80

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 04:33:42 PM

My idea is that it will not be antique, because everyone will keep using Bitcoin and although Bitcoin will get the future 21M. Hopefully, Bitcoin will become more valuable in the future. It can be adopted in all countries of the world. If it can be promoted properly and people start receiving it, then it will be profitable in the future.
freesia_pnp888

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:00:45 AM

it will be a long way to go there. however, enjoy the ride!
angrygroceries

Activity: 127

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:08:20 AM

we know all the bitcoin has 21 million coins suply, will bitcoin be a valuable antiquity when it reaches 21 million coins or it will be the obsolete item that will be in its enthusiasts, what do you think?
I am no bitcoin expert so I come here to try and learn something from time to time. I have observed these discussion threads for a couple months now. Occasionally, someone posts something interesting and insightful. However, for the most part these threads consist of over emotional cum biscuits who are venting their reasonless predictions and suggestions. Please for the sake of everyone reading this thread, back up your claims with actual evidence so we can try and learn something useful.

▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲ TRAXIA ║ A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE ▼▲▲▼▶▼▲▲
══════Winner of SLUSH SHANGHAI 2017 EDITION  Technology by CARDANO  Invested by EMURGO══════
▲▼▶▼WEBSITEWHITEPAPERANN THREAD TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER TOKENSALE▲▼▶▼
gusnulyadi

Activity: 118

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 07:36:52 AM

my opinion that could happen, considering the total number of bitcoin is 21 million pieces, In mid-January 2018, there were 16.8 million Bitcoin already "mined".
When bitcoin has been exhausted in the mine, and enthusiasts / investors bitcoin more and more then automatic bitcoin will be rare or antique.
qyn0

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:30:31 PM

The deeper you peer into the Bitcoin realm, the more viscerally you come to grips with the essential fragility of all money—the “consensual hallucination” that sits at civilization's foundations.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:32:56 PM

I do find the idea of an 'antique' crypto quite amusing but I suppose it's more than possible considering what bizarro things people are enthusiastic about preserving and maintaining.

Will Bitcoin itself ever reach that status? Nope. Check the amount of development going on. It's rapidly warming up and is only going to get more diverse and impressive in the future. Almost all shitcoin development can't hold a candle to the thoroughness and long term vision in Bitcoin development.
jimmydvd

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 10:37:36 PM

in my opinion bitcoin can not be replaced because bitcoin is a benchmark for other coin coins, when bitcoin increases as well as other coins will experience a varied increase so I think bitcoin will be its own coin and can not be replaced. thank you
fernandoaleixo

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2018, 10:51:16 PM

Calling it an antique is not applicable with bitcoin. Have you ever called fiat an antique? It is very old but i assure you no one will call it an antique.

For the price i think when all bitcoins are mined  i think the demand wilk be higher than ever and make the price rise more.

This, not mentioning bitcoin it's happening right now, perhaps in a far-away future we can discuss that, but right now? Even if reaches the 21 million marks, that will just mean the currency price will be sky-rocketing because of demand! It will give space for other major coins! Perhaps in the next century where cryptocurrency is already established and part of the establishment, if bitcoin is no longer around, then we can talk about it...
raes

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:16:11 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2018, 11:26:25 PM by raes

Bitcoin is the currency that any country has no control over it. And I don't know why you call it antique. When it has reached the total supply, the situation in the market may be a bit surprising. But bitcoin will still be used. This is the difference when bitcoin belongs to a particular country, it can be replaced and can be renewed through a new political or economic policy. If it is replaced or renewed, then bitcoin could be in a state of antique. But as I mention, no country has control over bitcoin.

███████████████████
▀██████████████████
▐█████████████████
█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████
▀▀████████████

███████████████████
██████████████████▀
█████████████████▌
█████████████████
████████████████
███████████████
████████████▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
▀█████████▀
▀███▀
██     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
THE FIRST IDLE DEFENSE BLOCKCHAIN GAME
TELEGRAM   ⦁   TWITTER   ⦁   MEDIUM   ⦁   DISCORD   ⦁   YOUTUBE   ⦁   LITEPAPER

██     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:03:57 AM

why the price of bitcoin is so high, because it is the very first and the oldest! of course the second reason that he does not have worthy competitors with a large capitalization! in any case, bitcoin took his place on the Olympus, and is not going anywhere from going there! it's the president of all the coins!)))))

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 10:10:35 PM

we know all the bitcoin has 21 million coins suply, will bitcoin be a valuable antiquity when it reaches 21 million coins or it will be the obsolete item that will be in its enthusiasts, what do you think?

I do not think that when bitcoin 21 million is exhausted, then the coin would automatically stop because, there are going to be the circulation coin. Maybe, there might not be addition of fresh coin but circulation would still be on.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:06:28 PM

Why would become antiques? Just the opposite, when Bitcoin reaches this limited number I expect for demand to get even higher and the price will rise significantly. Reaching the 21 million will not stop the use of Bitcoin but it will be much harder to get to the coins. At this moment it's hard to predict exact scenario but I expect the explosion of price.
I think that what the op is talking about is if in the future bitcoin is replaced by another coin, then bitcoin could become a collectible the same way people collect coins or stamps, while the probability of a future like that is low I think that could be a plausible scenario, in fact I'll be surprised if there were not people already collecting coins in that way.
Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:43:46 AM

I'm not sure what you say, the word of (be antiques) it has meaning and means to have a concrete form.
bitcoin does not have it. so I can not answer what you discussed, because this is irrelevant for something to be discussed
Owen7021990

Activity: 36
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:48:11 AM

I think it's valuable but can not be called antique
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:51:28 AM

If large number of people start hodling their coins and don't use it much than yeah Bitcoin could reach antique levels but if most of the Bitcoins are used for payments and transferring money than the supply wont be  scarce and Bitcoin will be easily available. But yeah once the mining reward ends after Bitcoin reaches the 21 million point there would be deflation.

mihir2018

Activity: 88

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 08:55:36 AM

It will never be antique. Because Bitcoin is now more than 21 million. This is like our future determinant. There are many types of work being done from the cutting of it bought from. By this it benefits a lot of people. I wander that it will not be antique.  Smiley Smiley
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:09:09 AM

great, lot of people are giving answer on it some are good and some are might be they can not answer on it ever, now lets talk about bitcoin basically bitcoin got own place in the market where some countries and their people some are talk about it good and taking interest on it and some are just talking about it this bad on both case bitcoin going famous and it will go long in future also in that time people will say it antique it.
Weeko

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 09:15:10 AM

Nobody knows what will happen to the market in a month and all these assumptions are only guesswork that will be far from the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: