Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:18:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoins be antiques  (Read 1577 times)
ABYOO

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:23:19 AM

Hi.. I think Bitcoin will not be antiques because it has been having the function as exchange value.
As you know, we have to exchange to buy altcoins or to take part in ICO sales.

This is why bitcoin will be alive at that time and we have positive future.
if national crypocurrency is issued, the situation can be different.

But, I'm sure bitcoin have a functionality about exchange value.
electronus

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:03:00 AM

bitcoin is too popular to become a simple antiques Roll Eyes
mkhjhv

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:09:43 AM

It should be said that as an investment,
It has no entity and cannot be used as an antique.
Bitcoin should be positioned as a financial product.
suisai

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:12:33 AM

Will bitcoins not be antiques.

Because,Bitcoin fork which changed incentive design is not bitcoin.

I’d like to summarize the story that “bitcoin” and “four-leaf clover” are both “situations”.

If I get a four leaf clover, I am happy.

It is because it is unusual and because it has a “situation brand” called “four leaf clover”.

“Brand of the situation” refers to the situation that “the four-leaf clover is rare, and it is said to be lucky.”

But what if you give a four-leaf clover of genetic manipulation and other similar plants as a “four-leaf clover”? I hope not to know that, but I am not happy if I know it.

Why?

It is not glad because it is not suitable for calling it a four leaf clover.

In other words, the four-leaf clover is a situation that is happening because someone began to say, “Four-leaf clover is rare and lucky”.

The clover which is made artificially into four leaves is out of the situation of “four leaf clover”.

The important thing here is roots which is said to be lucky.
It is not lucky unconditionally if it is a four leaf. It is important that the situation began calling “four leaves clover” for “four leaves that happen to be found in the three leaf clover”. It is impossible to ignore that.

For example, suppose someone spreads the propaganda that “the four-leaf clover was originally a symbol of bad luck”.

If it spreads, the evaluation of the four-leaf clover may disappear.
There is the possibility that ‘five-leaf artificial clover’ spreads instead.
Rather, the four-leaf clover itself may be someone’s business.

What is important is whether “the situation that has been defined as such” continues.

Are there still many people saying that “four-leaf clover is lucky?”

What about bitcoin?

In the case of bitcoin, consistent conclusions do not come out because the definition of “four leaf” differs from person to person.

Since definition is not clear, I think that propaganda such as “bitcoin cash is real bitcoin” will occur naturally.

So where is the definition “bitcoin is four-leaf”?

bitcoin fixes serious bugs and has not changed rules for a long time since it started working.
In particular, changes in incentive design, such as mining and fees, will not be expected in the future.
What does it mean to change parts related to incentives?

In terms of the four leaf clover, for example, “Changing the appearance rate of four-leaf” and “Say something bad about four-leaf” are the changes to the incentive design.
  • On the other hand, ASIC is like “soil that grows a lot of clover”.That’s not the case.
  • SegWit is also in place to prepare an environment where clover is easy to grow up.That’s not the case.Incentive design has not changed.
  • LightningNetwork naturally does not mention the incentive design.

Even if some people make profits, it is not a change of rules, since it is a contrivance after obeying the rule of “ Game of get the four-leaf clover” .

In other words, I think that changing fundamental “incentive design(on 1st layer)” may fall into the four-leaf clover of genetic manipulation, or the propaganda of “four leaves are evil”.

“Bitcoin fork which changed incentive design is not bitcoin.”

I think that this proposition is room for discussion.

Thanks

https://medium.com/@ohtac/bitcoin-fork-which-changed-incentive-design-is-not-bitcoin-6d2fd9d1e23
Zaibraid

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 09:45:50 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin will be an antiques. The limited number of bitcoins but owned by people spread all over the world. 21 million for the size of the world is very small, especially some people have more than one bitcoin. So that, although the number of bitcoin only 21 million but the owner is clearly less than 21 million. Small amounts but scattered wherever makes bitcoin valuable because everyone who wants to have it must go through a long process. If anyone wants to sell then bitcoin is easier. But if not, then this bitcoin is an antique item.

crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 09:58:51 AM

I don't understand that, I think bitcoin will be an antiques, when viewed from total suply. but different when looking at from mining. Bitcoin will become obsolete items. because the mining difficulty level every 4 years (halving) is 2x. if the miners still survive .. then bitcoin will be very special. but if the miners one by one fall, the bitcoin will become obsolete items.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:05:56 AM

can be a bitcoin to be antique, we can see from the system applied bitcoin in mining system, there is a period where called halving day where the amount of bitcoin produced from each block will be reduced by half every four years until no more bitcoin can be produced from mining, of course, this will make the bitcoin become antique
Spec_tro

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:28:26 AM

If any people have not trust about cryptocurrency again, I think it will
taksrkanah

Activity: 88

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:48:18 AM

The more people who hold bitcoin, will make the bitcoin value more stable than it is now.
And the term bitcoin would be an antiques, not worth it for bitcoin. Because most people used to buy bitcoin to use as a means of payment, not as an investment tool.
jakezyrus

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 10:53:57 AM

The more people who hold bitcoin, will make the bitcoin value more stable than it is now.
And the term bitcoin would be an antiques, not worth it for bitcoin. Because most people used to buy bitcoin to use as a means of payment, not as an investment tool.

No dude you are wrong. Many people use bitcoin as a form of investment tool rather than a currency because bitcoin is only good for asset use . There are lots of cryptos that is much better when it comes to payment purposes because their fees are cheap and transaction was also fast when compared to bitcoin.

Bitcoin will be liked antiques if people will stop supporting it because an aniques is like an old decoration (only a decoration but dont have a real usage ) while bitcoin as now is still verry useful.
Bughah

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 11:39:12 AM

If any people have not trust about cryptocurrency again, I think it will

For me its no,from now and then bitcoin will be more active in different communities as long many people will trade and hold  bitcoin it will never be antique
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:05:39 PM

we know all the bitcoin has 21 million coins suply, will bitcoin be a valuable antiquity when it reaches 21 million coins or it will be the obsolete item that will be in its enthusiasts, what do you think?

I don't see bitcoin to be on that level of antiquity, since bitcoin is also a currency, people will still be using for transactions, just like what is happening today, though it seems that there is a lot going on in trading, people still pay and accept bitcoin as payment, even if all bitcoin has been mined, there will still be transactions. For bitcoi. To be obsolete, people must not accept digital currency as currency at all, and just like what is happening to fiat, central banks just change the notes image but the value stays the same, the same goes with cryptocurrency, though you use it or not, the value stays the same and for sure it will be used, since we have a lot of exchanges.
fndsr

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:07:51 PM

we know all the bitcoin has 21 million coins suply, will bitcoin be a valuable antiquity when it reaches 21 million coins or it will be the obsolete item that will be in its enthusiasts, what do you think?
the possibility of bitcoin will increase and evolve with the development of technology and the times because the level of need will be higher if bitcoin progress and success later

▄▄▄
               ▄▄███████▄▄
           ▄▄████▀▀   ▀▀████▄▄
       ▄▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄▄
   ▄▄████▀▀    ██       ██    ▀▀████▄▄
▄████▀▀        ███     ███        ▀▀████▄
███             ███   ███             ███
 ███             ███ ███             ███
  ███             █████             ███
   ███            ▐███▌            ███
    ███         ▄▄██▀██▄▄         ███
     ███      ▄████   ████▄      ███
      ███    ▐█  █▌   ▐█  █▌    ███
       ███    ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀    ███
        █████████████████████████
DOC.
Tailor

▄█████▄
 ██▀   ▀██
▐█       █▌                    ▄▄▄█████████
 ██▄   ▄██                 ▄▄███████████▀▀
  ▀████████████▄▄       ▄███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▄ ▄█████████▀▀
               ▀██████████▀▀
               ▄██████████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀ ▀█████████▄▄
  ▄███████████▀▀        ▀███████████▄▄
 ██▀   ▀██                 ▀▀███████████▄▄
▐█       █▌                    ▀▀▀█████████
 ██▄   ▄██
  ▀█████▀
Unique self-customizing
smart legal contract platform

Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬
IEO: Jul 20th
PG13

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:18:51 PM

When bitcoin reach the maximum supply as this is decentralize currency the value will rise higher as the circulating supply will become few and in this way those who hold their coins will become winners as they can gain much profits.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
ErlindaBit

Activity: 227

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:29:37 PM

I do not know the antiques you mean, do the antiques you mean are goods that have a very expensive price? If so, I agree with you. Bitcoin has a limited supply, so if the availability of bitcoin is completely dispersed then the price of bitcoin like antiques is very expensive. This makes perfect sense.
Bile123

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:44:23 PM

I think in some measure they can be called that, because the number of Bitcoins is limited, and the demand for them is great, that's why they are called antiques) Smiley
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:50:21 PM

For me, Bitcoin will never be an antique. Antiques are things that are tangible and they are valued based on their age, quality and sentimental value.  Bitcoin is not a tangible thing, therefore it is not an antique. Even though its price is directly proportional with the time just like the other antiques, it is not still an antique due to its intangibility.
white_star

Activity: 165
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:53:20 PM

In my percecption about this topic,  bitcoin will remain standing and will be put  on the whole of fame, once more Investors  will come In and then bitcoin will be forever exists because of its uses throughout the market and Into the society.

AFROCHAIN - The First Decentralized Blockchain for Africa
Revolusi Ecosystem For Seamless Crypto and Investments
LianaSie

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 12:56:51 PM

It is more than 100 years from now, so yes, possibly it will be antique  Smiley

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
Gen-8

Activity: 169

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 01:01:55 PM

"Antiques", which means old or old stuff, and time in ancient times no advanced technology as it is today. So, I think Bitcoin is not an antiques, because Bitcoin is new and will start growing in this day and age. Bitcoin will be the historical and tangible evidence of technological developments in the future, that's right in my opinion.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: