Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:44:26 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If your coin increased 40% - 200% in value over night. What would you do?  (Read 36205 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:51:21 PM

I would hold in certain cases, but if it becomes life changing money then I would have to start taking profit.
alexeylom

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:40:13 PM

Speaking from your own experience, you can sell and buy every day, but you need to allocate it all day and not always have the opportunity to earn this day, so it's easier for me to keep it longer, it does not take my time and I do not take too much risk. .
soloinvestor

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:15:55 PM

Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

Thoughts? What would you do?

In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.
I was asking myself what to do when cryptocurrency goes down and found out that the most of the privacy coins are undervalued right now.

The best opportunity is to find a privacy-related project with a low total supply (less than 100M), that way the price will be increasing much faster.

I recently found one project called Ethereum Meta, it is related to anonymity and untraceable transaction. They have a very interesting project to build the Anonymous E-Market Place.

They are on exchanges right now, you can check their website: https://ethermeta.com/
Or even better go through their Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2659058.0
nonik

Activity: 367
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:52:16 AM

for me, will learn and analyze the growth of the coin that I have in crypto market, because I don't want to suffer huge losses, if the analysis results provide the profit as I want then I will sell, but if it is predicted that the growth of the coin will still continue I will hold it until I want to sell it and make a profit.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
melted349

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:32:32 AM

If i were see it, ill actually think twice to sell it all, so my answer is i would sell half of it the time when i see the price increase. And the other halg i would set sell order much higher price so if the hype still continue i will earn more.
xitijekiki

Activity: 144

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:44:18 AM

I know there are some apps where the coins I own are about 50% more expensive to report on my cell phone so I'm not worried.
hakatu

Activity: 88

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:46:29 AM

Do you continue hodling or sell? A lot of people say to hold no matter what happens and I'm not advocating daytrading but I think in a situation like this, it'd be advantageous to sell.

You should take the initial investment portion out and leave the rest go. Further technical analysis would tell you where to stop.

In this way you would never have to worry about loss or stop-loss ( stupid stop-loss ).
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:47:53 AM

It would probably depend on the circumstances. There is no secret formula and all trades need to be analyzed on a case-to-case basis.

In cases where there is no substantial news or significant events as to why the coin pumped, i would most likely then sell and realize my gains. Because nothing goes on an uptrend forever. The value will probably go down the next day. I would sell it and probably buy back at a lower price.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:49:44 AM

First thing i will be very happy!!! My portfolio has double or even more, then follow by i will think of a strategy maybe cash out 30-40% comparing to my capital investment. Then use the cash out capital to look for a more promising altcoin to invest.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
demonic098

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

Ximply for president!!!

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:50:02 AM

It actually depends on my goal, but if that thing happens i'll analyze what happened overnight is it just because of a whale? or a panic buying caused by FOMO. I have 75-80% to chance sell then i would buy again after the correction  Wink

Buy me a drink ETH: 0xED47aFa721e4228Bf19434aDDB1B79E740822540
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:56:45 AM

If I were to answer that question, it definitely depends on the situation. Assuming that you know the cycle when Bitcoin and other altcoins pump or dumo, that’s an advantage for you. If that period of time where the coin or token skyrockets by 40% to 200%, you can cashout half or full, which again depends on the situation. As long you know when to hold or sell, you are on the right track, but again the world of cryptocurrency is unpredictable.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
munify

Activity: 386
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:04:22 AM

If that happens I will sell the coins I have, and when the price goes down I will buy it. I think it will be an interesting advantage, and my coin count will increase.

GptVerse.art
A Metaverse App to Shop, Learn, Organize, and Play!
hendriko

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:17:06 AM

I will sell all the coins in my wallet.
because usually the coins are up and not long the price drops again from the previous price. and that's a chance I think to buy it.
potsu

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:34:54 AM

That is huge amount of gain, 200% would be enough for me to take profits especially when the coin doesnt have any fundamentals because the posibility of its dumping would be big,few minutes or seconds depends to what the PND group has set.If it does have good fundamentals taking profits would be better to secure your initial investment which is the 100% or half,then going to put the other half to hold so that if anything happens my investment is secured.
jose111

Activity: 175

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:58:57 AM

I think I do diversity where in I'm going to sell 50% of it and I'll keep holding the remaining 50%. This can be my safest way or strategy to avoiding possible losses. However, if I'd felt that the flow of  the system are continuously performing better, by then I do holding it all and sell it in much higher price when the market value are rising up in maybe 400% - 700%. The right time and good strategy may lead the way in reaching success.   
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 06:02:34 AM

I will take profit and lock in my initial investment in the project, I think this is the mistake most people do in this space, the first thing first, locking in your  capital you invested into to project and allow the remaining tokens to run, this should now be your profit, but because of greed some will be hoping for 10X return that may never come

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Amalker

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:02:48 AM

If so, I would prefer to sell a part of this altcoin and reinvest into new one, which in my opinion have a potential to grow. Or fix the profit in fiat, according to the market trend.
trry98

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:03:33 AM

I won't sell them all or keep them all. I'll sell the tokens in my hands in batches. It won't necessarily get the most profit, but it must be the most robust way.
TreXzar

Activity: 143

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 06:05:25 AM

I would immediately sell, thats a massive gain in one night and has little chance of continuing to go up. Most likely it'll drop right back down to the normal levels the next day. better to cash that out than hodling. Buy in again when it drops and wait for the next pump
Hodling is only really for when it drops.

◼◼  WorkChain.io  ◼◼                                            
◼◼ The Future of Payroll   ◼ Make Every Day Payday
syberwolfen

Activity: 790
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 06:20:10 AM

I won't sell them all or keep them all. I'll sell the tokens in my hands in batches. It won't necessarily get the most profit, but it must be the most robust way.

Well it depends on individual's situation as of now if it happens with the coins I am holding I will sell them off straight away and then invest a part of it into promising ICO or Altcoin as too much of greed is not good.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: