Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:15:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the governments ban all privacy cryptocurrencies ?  (Read 2440 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:27:52 PM

I'm considering to buy and hold some privacy coins for long term. I read some articles and they said governments are taking harsh stances on privacy coins. Do you think they will ban all privacy cryptocurrencies by prohibiting exchanges to list those coins?
Not going to happen because the main aim of cryptocurrencies are decentralization ,two anonimity and freedom with your transactions.Doesnt make sense why would these countries will ban privacy coin and why others altcoins wont? if they want cryptocurrencies to collapse why not do it in just one global ban? if they ban privacy coins morelikely they will ban all the cryptocurrencies.

I think there is a good chance something like this can happen, all they need to do is tell regulated big exchanges to not allow anonymous coins no more.
maereglapo

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:32:42 PM

If we allow this to happen we failed to remove the centralization of these governments,satoshi and bitcoin fails! cryptocurrencies are decentralized currencies,anonimity is one good feature of cryptocurrencies and taking away is like you are killing all of the cryptocurrencies.So it doesnt make sense they are just repeating the history,centralization is coming to us if this really will happen.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:38:35 PM

I'm considering to buy and hold some privacy coins for long term. I read some articles and they said governments are taking harsh stances on privacy coins. Do you think they will ban all privacy cryptocurrencies by prohibiting exchanges to list those coins?
No, for this reason, states have no right to prohibit operations with crypto-currency with a high degree of confidentiality. In the constitution of the state of the states, all citizens have the right to privacy and confidentiality. For this reason, states will not be able to prohibit crypto currency with a high degree of confidentiality. However, confidentiality should not be confused with anonymity. The anonymity of the state can be reduced or removed altogether, as anonymity hinders the collection of taxes and fighting crime.
Savantor

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:44:44 PM

No, for this reason, states have no right to prohibit operations with crypto-currency with a high degree of confidentiality. In the constitution of the state of the states, all citizens have the right to privacy and confidentiality. For this reason, states will not be able to prohibit crypto currency with a high degree of confidentiality. However, confidentiality should not be confused with anonymity. The anonymity of the state can be reduced or removed altogether, as anonymity hinders the collection of taxes and fighting crime.

Don't quote me on this, but I suspect the constitutional privacy thing is more geared toward your personal effects which seems likely it wouldn't apply to decentralized ledgers not under your control
krisnajsadrak

Activity: 1092

Hodlers Network

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:45:57 PM

everything is possible my friend,
but, if the gov want, they will ban all cryptocurrency without exceptions
and remember cryptocurrency is focused on privacy
so, i still believe with privacy coins  Wink

Dread

Activity: 315
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:54:22 PM

good question!
 but i have other vision- totally Market have consolidate at this time and will be pumped in the future 1-3 years

in real worldmarket i cant understand how the world goverments can stop private payments

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:59:33 PM

I hope not because if that happens all of the cryptocurrencies might come to its very end,its a clearly regulations that they are trying to do if the community will allow this we are going back to where we started,another centralization from the governent so it is better to stick with what we have now,hope that these countries will allow cryptocurrencies.

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:00:53 PM

You can bet your ass that the government's view about btc is a lot more positive than about something like monero.
joburgtaxi

Activity: 263
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:06:21 PM

You can bet your ass that the government's view about btc is a lot more positive than about something like monero.
Agreed. First that gov's make will ban all privacy coins. Bcz they not clear. With BTC, ETH and other those problem not exist. But privacy is main danger

johnyespapa

Activity: 257

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:06:34 PM

They wont because if they did this to us its like we are giving up to the cryptocurrencies,doesnt want to go back to fiat that is why i wont be supporting these regulations! Our community should take some furthr step because these restrictions might be the reason why our whole market will collapse because we cant do anything about these countries are going to ban cryptocurrencies.

muhdatha

Activity: 168

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:10:18 PM

so, i still believe with privacy coins  Wink
Hm. It was so in start of crypto. As we can see almost all of Exchanges and ICOs want a KYC procedure now. That mean no more anonymity.
You have to do KYC even for a few penny Bounty reward .  Undecided

matsusomoto

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:11:38 PM

It is a facepalm to our community because the government will surely going to ban these privacy coins because most of the illegal things are being bough uing these coins,if we allow this to happen we are just going to kiss the government's asses so we shouldnt be allowing it to happen privacy coins shoud be private and cryptocurrencies shouldnt be regulated!

Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:14:13 PM

It is not safe to keep your coins on stock exchanges. About the ban. For a short period the crypto industry has grown tenfold. They can not forbid, they are only trying to limit further growth.
cryptomorphines

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:19:37 PM

Lets hope not because if they did banned these privacy coins,its morelikely we wont have a total anonimity anymore because they are starting to regulate our market and its unaacceptable because we are  a decentralized community and no one should be doing shit regulations to any of our activities especially these altcoins.
cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:27:27 PM

These privacy coins are the reason why i have joined cryptocurrencies because i believed tht privacy is needed when we are transacting online,i do believed that these coins shouldnt be restricted or banned because it is the arms and legs of cryptocurrencies without these people wont have any freedom to transact anonymously!

david0ikari

Activity: 280
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:40:07 PM

There are many articles talking about banning privacy cryptocurrencies. I think it will not happen, is going to be next to impossible and cuts the nation off from the benefits of decentralization. The better option for government is to embrace cryptocurrencies. The mass adoption will come soon.
DarkBullet

Activity: 336
Merit: 55

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:10:40 PM

That sounds impossible since crypto currency is all about decentralization. We can't blame the government why they are keeping their eyes with privacy coins since it was being used by syndicates and big time personality to hide their wealth. Just like bitcoin and ICO, it will not be banned, they will just regulate it. Lets see what is going to happen with those privacy coins. You might also do your own research before investing to those privacy coins.
alexeylom

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:12:29 PM

At the moment I am more than convinced that the government can not control this flow. After all, they can not physically destroy the servers, because the system is decentralized, they can not track money, since most coins guarantee anonymity. Well, finally, nobody can manipulate us
carnitastaco

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:14:39 PM

Banning them will be difficult. Most likely, on all stock exchanges that would submit to regulation, they will be banned. And there will be a problem with cashing such currencies
pedropendukot

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:20:12 PM

Cryptocurrencies are decentralized currency what the heck ? why would they banned or restrict these privacy coins are they insane? we are a decentralized community which they arent involved with,if theses restrictions will happen surely next move would be banning all the cryptocurrencies all over the world which might be the reason why our market is going to collapse.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: