Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:44:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the governments ban all privacy cryptocurrencies ?  (Read 2437 times)
Karina 3340

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:54:22 PM

I've heard a lot of this kind of topic. But personally, I do not think this will happen. For many reasons and convictions. We would like to have long ceased the activity of the crypto currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gurjasmeet
Copper Member

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:11:04 PM

Any government has right to ban any organisation like that crypto currency had baneed. but I think it would be unbanned crypto currency in future. whenever lot of countries had centarlized & lot of  the country  in the line of do this.
sofmyhad

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 02:40:00 PM

They are not able to do it. All interested participants of the cryptomarket will find the way to be there as well it countries will just lose money in the empty doing.
d2s4

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:37:53 PM

This event will be very difficult to do because privacy is still necessary for everybody and I am sure that people will fight for this one. I am against from banning of privacy totally.

❑  GOLDMA ❑     Facebook ✰  Twitter ✰ Telegram ✰ Whitepaper    ❑  GOLDMA ❑
  ICO JULY12th,2018    Gold Mining Asset (GMA) Digitizing Gold Assets  END OCT12th,2018
██████████████████  Crypto-Based Gold Royalty Token ██████████████████
Aliya Taj

Activity: 226

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 05:03:12 PM

I think that many governments are against the cryptocurrency industry and might want to fight against the system, but this might be really difficult to control. I don't think that the government can easily ban all privacy cryptocurrencies, that would be a hard one to happen.
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:12:57 PM

No, the governments don't need to. Privacy/anonymity is part of human right.

Will they also ban  encryption, physical wallets, bags, cosmetics, cosmetic surgery, artificial hair, face mask, Muslim hijab, opaque doors/windows. Ofcourse they will not unless they created the Internet to track people and spy them?
holySaint

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:22:16 PM

It seems to me that this is simply impossible, because in many countries they legalize cryptocurrency. This system is already running; he pursues a policy that may try to control the market, but will not be destroyed.

█ https://www.gooreo.com/ █ Gooreo​ - Decentralized Career Platform!  █ https://t.me/gooreo █
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:29:04 PM

I'm considering to buy and hold some privacy coins for long term. I read some articles and they said governments are taking harsh stances on privacy coins. Do you think they will ban all privacy cryptocurrencies by prohibiting exchanges to list those coins?

Do you have references on those articles?

The main reason why those PRIVACY cryptocurrencies are made is in order to offer anonymity for the people using it. There are decentralized exchanges that can list those tokens, and of course, the government cannot control those exchanges, hence the reason why it is decentralized. The government does not have the capability to regulate those coins because they cannot identify the people who uses it.
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 08:51:41 PM

How does banning crypto actually work? Honestly wondering how would it be enforced.
CryptoIyke
Copper Member

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 09:15:50 PM

I really wish it could be possible to introduce  certain regulations to crypto it would certainly bring some sanity to this space. More important is in the area of ICO's where more than 80% of them are outright scam or shitty. It would really take a long while to achieve such. Being decentralized makes it more difficult

West0813

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:19:11 PM

It only depend on every government. If the government don't like cryptocurrency. I think they will make some moves to prevent the use of it in their countries.

stobox
DIGITAL ASSETS ECOSYSTEM
───────  Website ⬝  WhitepaperTwitterFacebookTelegramLinkedin   ───────
oudekaas

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 09:27:10 PM

Who they can do this?? It's blockchain, the maximum that they can do is to ban access to them. But you can easily open vpn service and get access to every cryptocurrency. Their ban is only formal.

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

Mr.Noda

Activity: 1344
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 09:58:27 PM

Yes, governments have now launched their hands everywhere. But I think it is not as critical as it seems at first glance. Time will tell.

███    TWITTER     █████████████████ MEGABSC ████████████████████     WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                  ██████  HYBRID DEFI ON BINANCE SMART CHAIN  █████    FACEBOOK PAGE    ███
███  TELEGRAM  █████████████████     SWAP      ███████████████████       MEDIUM      ███
Don_Leonardo

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:03:15 PM

I'm considering to buy and hold some privacy coins for long term. I read some articles and they said governments are taking harsh stances on privacy coins. Do you think they will ban all privacy cryptocurrencies by prohibiting exchanges to list those coins?

Is this possible to do??? I don't think so. I am at least sure about MGO. Gamers and investors will always find a way. I am also sure the situation is the same about other crypto.
xiboothrezi

Activity: 1246
Merit: 285

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2018, 10:20:56 PM

This regulation on legality depends on each government in each country. But basically cryptocurrency is decentralized, especially for cryptocurrency privacy, the transactions are un-linkable and untraceable so the identity of the sender and recipient is hidden. So it seems that the government can set limits, it can't be completely banned.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄               ▄▄▀█
    ▄█        ▀▄         ▄▄▀▀   █
  ▄▀ ▐▌         █    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄█
▄▀▀▀ █           █▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀  █
▀▀▄█▌▌       ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀
   ▀▄█    ▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀    ▄▄▀▀
     █   █                      ▄▄▄
      █ ▐▌            ▄▄       █   █▄
       █▀█         ▄▀▀ █        ▀▄ ▀██
       █  ▀▄     ▄▀   ▄ █         █
       █  ▄ ▀▄  █    █   ▀▀▀▄   █▀▀
      █  ▄▀  ▐▌█      █  ▄▀  █ ▐▌
  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄██▄█  ▄███▄▄▀  ▄█▄▄▄█
TFSM o v e   Y o u r   G a m e
T o   T h e   N e x t   L e v e l
|||████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
JOIN NOW
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Alliipp

Activity: 374
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:32:15 PM

Government gossip about the rules to ban cryptocurency has long existed by reason of influencing domestic currency rates. but until now the crytocurency still exists and continues to increase the number of coins.
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:33:05 PM

This regulation on legality depends on each government in each country. But basically cryptocurrency is decentralized, especially for cryptocurrency privacy, the transactions are un-linkable and untraceable so the identity of the sender and recipient is hidden. So it seems that the government can set limits, it can't be completely banned.
Generally cryptocurrency is still traceable and instead the blockchain save all the trnansaction history and will never can be deleted but privacy crypto is hiding that blockchain, basically it's a total privacy but in the other hand can be used to laundry the money which is very bad and most of the western country are against such practice.

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:40:28 PM

they can not ban all privacy tokens. what they can do is let exchanges sites follow their rules like requiring KYC. in my country they don't ban crypto but they regulate exchange sites.
Invigorated

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 10:51:41 PM

It could be a tricky and difficult thing to do since these privacy coins and projects live on anonymity. Tracking their developers and source codes to ban could be a herculean and almost impossible task. However, I still think privacy coins and projects contribute more harm than good, they are the ones giving the crypto innovation a bad name. The risks associated with privacy coins outweigh the good in them. For example, it could be very easy using a privacy token to carry out untraceable money laundering crimes, fund terrorism etc.. It is for this reason  major governments are against the crypto technology and privacy coins only add to the debate. Doing without privacy projects wouldn't be such a bad thing, instead it could help promote cryptocurrency and global adoption of the technology.
oppo070
Copper Member

Activity: 140

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 11, 2018, 11:44:01 PM

I guess  not, they don't have the power to directly ban it but maybe they might make something that can affect it. The very first characteristic of a privacy coin is anonymity and government doesn't like that. They might also want crypto to utilize taxes for them to benefit from it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: