Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:37:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Anyone Else Believe In Jesus Christ ?  (Read 18021 times)
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:16:35 AM

Can I reply even if I don't?

Do you know that some groups believe that there will be a "one world currency" near the end of times? Have you encountered Christians that think it is bitcoin? What are your thoughts? Do you see bitcoin as a free alternative to the future one world currency?

Yes.  Bitcoin could most likely be the "one world currency" that is speculated to be mentioned in Revelation.  Which should encourage us to really believe in Bitcoin's success shouldn't it?  Hey, if the Bible predicts that there will be one coming then it only adds more proof to the Bible right?

As a Christian though I would not be afraid of it.  Bitcoin in itself will not be the problem.  The problem is that Bitcoin use will be hard to trace and therefore hard for governments to manage.  So to gain more "control" at some point governments will need to put some sort of mark on us to keep track of what is purchased.  It makes total sense now doesn't it?  Governments will regulate anyway they can! 

It will get tricky for Christians when that day comes for sure.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:41:43 AM

Yes.  I believe!  You can call me a "Jesus Freak!"   Grin

I think we might be a little outnumbered her OP.  Of course the Bible says "narrow is the road and few will find it" so I guess it is to be expected.  Kind of like the rest of the world does not really get "bitcoin" many people don't "get Jesus" but they have not really searched.  Or they think that they have it all figured out.

For those that are so sure that Jesus is a made up and a myth I will begin praying now for Jesus to show Himself to you.  I could argue and debate but it generally does not work that well anyways.

or they have just never been provided with convincing evidence  Roll Eyes

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:44:09 AM

I think we might be a little outnumbered her OP.  Of course the Bible says "narrow is the road and few will find it" so I guess it is to be expected.  Kind of like the rest of the world does not really get "bitcoin" many people don't "get Jesus" but they have not really searched.  Or they think that they have it all figured out.

For those that are so sure that Jesus is a made up and a myth I will begin praying now for Jesus to show Himself to you.  I could argue and debate but it generally does not work that well anyways.

And you just made my prayer list!  Grin  I will pray that God will give you all the evidence you ever needed! 

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:46:24 AM

And you just made my prayer list!  Grin  I will pray that God will give you all the evidence you ever needed! 

That would be super sweet if he actually listened to you and actually came down to pay me a visit. I would freaking love to have god over for dinner sometime.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 04:49:53 AM

That would be super sweet if he actually listened to you and actually came down to pay me a visit. I would freaking love to have god over for dinner sometime.

Well I prayed that God would reveal Himself to you and give you undeniable evidence of His existence and His love for you so just wait and see what happens. 

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:01:26 AM

Yes.  I believe!  You can call me a "Jesus Freak!"   Grin

I think we might be a little outnumbered her OP.  Of course the Bible says "narrow is the road and few will find it" so I guess it is to be expected.  Kind of like the rest of the world does not really get "bitcoin" many people don't "get Jesus" but they have not really searched.  Or they think that they have it all figured out.

For those that are so sure that Jesus is a made up and a myth I will begin praying now for Jesus to show Himself to you.  I could argue and debate but it generally does not work that well anyways.

or they have just never been provided with convincing evidence  Roll Eyes

And you just made my prayer list!  Grin  I will pray that God will give you all the evidence you ever needed!  

Well I prayed that God would reveal Himself to you and give you undeniable evidence of His existence and His love for you so just wait and see what happens.  

actually its technically imposable to have undeniable evidence of something supernatural like that. so let me give an example.

say some glowing guy walked through my door and said "im god" and i said "oh yea well prove it" and so he performed some incredible magic tricks that no magician could do. so like for example he brought the chair in my kitchen to life, and it had eyes and a mouth and jumped around like something out of a cartoon, And then he granted me the power of flight, and i flew all over the room. Even if that happened, i would have no means by which to differentiate between a really advanced alien life form and a super natural being. So even with all of that crazy evidence i would have no way of knowing whether it was actually god,

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:13:45 AM

Ok.  Then I will just pray that you will not want to deny God when He reveals Himself to you.  Is that better?  Wink 

I guess all the "evidence" I give many people deny anyways so I suppose that everything is deniable.  It is just part of the gift of "free will" God gives us.  We are free to deny.  Wink

I do think that being highly intelligent can become an obstacle to knowing God.  There are things that are a bit of a mystery and are only revealed to us supernaturally and our logical minds can make us question Him.  That is why I believe prayer is more effective than any logical debate or proof could ever be.  The Bible says that "The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit." 

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:21:45 AM

Also, I should mention, that you are right that some people are deceived and think that they are following God but in reality they are not.  That is why the Bible is pretty clear about the fact that people will say "There is the Christ" but to be careful not to just follow anyone.  And the Bible warns of the Anti-Christ that will come and do miracles and even deceive the "elect if that were possible."

How do we know what is right and wrong?  We are supposed to "test the Spirits."  If we know that the character of God is good and the fruit of the Spirit is Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control we can use that as the measure in which to gauge where someone's heart really is and if something is from God or not.  You will know a "tree by it's fruit" the Bible says.

ANiceJewishBoy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:39:01 AM

Dude, there were no "Christians" before Jesus death, they were all Jews, the Christians persecution comes later.

And I just pointed a contradiction in the Bible, with the last words thing...

Christians = Believers that Jesus is Christ

There were Christians before his death, "Christ" simply means "the anointed one". If Jeshua vin Joseph is going to be called "Christ", then his followers (even during his life) can now be considered "Christians".

I didn't realize you were pointing out a contradiction, I thought you were telling me why it's ok to celebrate the death of a great person, as if it was good for the world. It's almost cannibalistic in nature, so it just gets at me that people are so adamant. Again, I didn't realize you were pointing something out. Sorry.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:44:32 AM

Also, I should mention, that you are right that some people are deceived and think that they are following God but in reality they are not.  That is why the Bible is pretty clear about the fact that people will say "There is the Christ" but to be careful not to just follow anyone.  And the Bible warns of the Anti-Christ that will come and do miracles and even deceive the "elect if that were possible."

How do we know what is right and wrong?  We are supposed to "test the Spirits."  If we know that the character of God is good and the fruit of the Spirit is Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness and self-control we can use that as the measure in which to gauge where someone's heart really is and if something is from God or not.  You will know a "tree by it's fruit" the Bible says.

if this is supposed to be a response to me than i dont think you understood what i was saying. it was an argument for how it is imposable for the existence of good to be proven because even if some apparently supernatural creature floats down from the sky and performs seemingly imposable miracles, you still have no way of knowing whether its actually god and not an alien, or a hallucination, or a life form from another dimension ect...

even if there was a god, you could literally never know that for sure, and nothing god could ever do could allow you to know that for sure.

dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:47:49 AM

No, I believe in a man named Jeshua vin Joseph who was not the savior of man kind, but sacrificed himself so that his followers may live in peace from the government.

When Jesus was killed, Rome felt it was safe to stop hunting down Christians so aggressively (at least for the time being).

And the belief contradicts itself. It says Jesus knew he was going to die, then Jesus is on the cross saying "Father, why have you forsaken me. In your heart forsaken me. In your eyes forsaken me. In your mind forsaken me."

He was not ready to die. He was not done. Stop acting like it was good that he died, it's gross that no one acknowledges his sadness at dying and potential if he had been allowed to live.

Wrong!!!!11

And you'll find another last words of Jesus.

Luke 23:46

Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.

That is not wrong. After the death of Jesus they breathed a sigh of relief, as if it was almost over.

And just because he accepted it in the end, does not mean he knew about it before hand, or was finished living.
I'm quite sure Jesus knew of his death.  He knew if he stood up for love to the extent he did it would have dire consequences.  But this is what he wanted, for when he died he returned to the plane of heaven.

Also, a man at peace does not feel pain, only change, though he probably felt some I think he handled it well.

its actually god and not an alien, or a hallucination, or a life form from another dimension ect
Tomato tomoto.  All one.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:53:29 AM

Did you guys know that Jesus wasn't even considered "The Messiah" until after John the Baptist died (was decapitated)? And that if John the Baptist had not Baptized Jesus, he would have never been considered for the title.
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:55:51 AM

I'm quite sure Jesus knew of his death.  He knew if he stood up for love to the extent he did it would have dire consequences.  But this is what he wanted, for when he died he returned to the plane of heaven.

Also, a man at peace does not feel pain, only change, though he probably felt some I think he handled it well.

its actually god and not an alien, or a hallucination, or a life form from another dimension ect
Tomato tomoto.  All one.

I'm quite sure Jesus had PLENTY of stuff that he thought he could get done being alive. A lot more than he could dead. The only thing he could do by dying that he could not do by staying alive was give his followers freedom from the watchful eyes of the government. And he gave his life that you might be "saved" in that manner. You are now free to worship god in accordance with the parables Jesus learned from his teacher.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:57:45 AM

What could he do without him dying?  Him dying triggered people to believe him as he resurrected.  It triggered people to believe in him over the power structure as well.  It achieved a lot.

And that's just how it had to happen.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:00:53 AM

What could he do without him dying?  Him dying triggered people to believe him as he resurrected.  It triggered people to believe in him over the power structure as well.  It achieved a lot.

And that's just how it had to happen.

I'm saying HE could have done a lot more alive. Him. Not his followers.

And as I just got done saying in the other post, him dying allowed for all that other stuff. Which is why you all celebrate, but in celebration you should not fail to recognize what you LOST.

Don't dance on the mans grave is basically all I'm saying.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:03:46 AM

if this is supposed to be a response to me than i dont think you understood what i was saying. it was an argument for how it is imposable for the existence of good to be proven because even if some apparently supernatural creature floats down from the sky and performs seemingly imposable miracles, you still have no way of knowing whether its actually god and not an alien, or a hallucination, or a life form from another dimension ect...

even if there was a god, you could literally never know that for sure, and nothing god could ever do could allow you to know that for sure.

Most Christians are very confident that they "Know" without a doubt God is real and they believe in Jesus so much so that they are even willing to risk their lives to be a Christian in places that do not allow for people to.  The reason is because the Spirit of God reveals Himself to us in a way that we cannot deny Him in our hearts.  The song Amazing Grace says, "I once was blind but now I see."  There is truth in that.  It is a spiritual thing that cannot be explained or logically understood.  It has to be experienced.  The only way for it to be experienced is for the person to go to God him/herself and pray and ask God to reveal himself.  Until then it cannot happen.

dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:04:53 AM

Of course, I don't think people celebrate that he died but what legacy he left behind him.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:16:04 AM

Most Christians are very confident that they "Know" without a doubt God is real and they believe in Jesus so much so that they are even willing to risk their lives to be a Christian in places that do not allow for people to.  The reason is because the Spirit of God reveals Himself to us in a way that we cannot deny Him in our hearts.  The song Amazing Grace says, "I once was blind but now I see."  There is truth in that.  It is a spiritual thing that cannot be explained or logically understood.  It has to be experienced.  The only way for it to be experienced is for the person to go to God him/herself and pray and ask God to reveal himself.  Until then it cannot happen.

Do you make any other sorts of decisions in your life that way? Do you ever close your eyes at a stop light and use your heart to "feel" what color the light is? If you ever use your heart to "feel" whether or not food is expired instead of looking at the expiration label? If this is such a reliable method for separating what is true from what is false than why dont you use your heart to "feel" what stocks you should buy and become rich on the stock market? My guess is that you only use this tactic in situations where the negative consequences for being wrong are not immediate and not severe, but if it is such a reliable tactic than you should also apply it to situations where consequences are immediate and are severe as well. if you are not willing to use this tactic in situations where consequences are immediate and severe than perhaps you should consider admitting that it is in fact not a reliable way of separating fact from fiction.

ANiceJewishBoy

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:17:22 AM

Of course, I don't think people celebrate that he died but what legacy he left behind him.

I just wish we could look forward.

I don't think Jesus wanted us to become frozen in time. He would have wanted us to build temples to other great men. And challenge other great systems. And understand oppression.

Honestly, Christianity was a more valuable religion when they had it in the lion pits. We have passionate Christians today, but they do not know what the word oppression really means. And I know that statement is over-general, but I mean to say that it is more widespread within the faith than it should be.

The Jewish community understands oppression. Understands austerity. Understands what it means to be auspicious. The Christian churches just try to get bigger and bigger and bigger.

I am not TRYING to compare the two, I just naturally do. But you can see the difference. The Jewish community is supportive in a much larger way than the standard Christian families (especially in the cities, where Christians lack structure that is not completely centered around economy).

Like, compare the acceptance of Hebrew people around the world, compared to the acceptance of Free Masons (mainly protestant and sometimes even Mormon members). And Free Masons don't have a history of murder for god and conquering everything they see (unless you automatically tie them to the Templars, which some people say you can. And unless you consider the current priorities of the US gov).
Ekaros

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 10:17:17 AM

Certain parts of religion such as xmas, diwali, eid etc are good and are enjoyed by millions.

Even atheists enjoy xmas with friends and family because it is something that people tend to celebrate regardless of whether they are devout church goers.

Yeah, I do celebrate the Winter Solstice with a good dinner, and enjoy the gifts. Cheesy

True, there is nothing wrong with good old pagan traditions as long as we understand that they are such.

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: