Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:01:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4096 times)
BryanRoseWalker

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:53:49 PM

In most cases, the tokens you get after registering with airdrop do not cost anything, or you are not paid at all. But they can not steal anything from you.
yes they can only steal from us, if only they asked us to send ETH address, personal data or must send token
most free cases are such frauds, not in deny we have to be careful if do not want bad things happen

mega.kitten

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:20:50 PM

Yes, I do not keep my money in the ICO, but I do my work, I give my data and I want to get a reward for it. and do not get it. That's what is scam .

Iyanuoluwa

Activity: 202

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:29:29 PM

I would say 50/50 not everything that is free be a scam and not all of it legit, we just need to know more about it, so that we don't fall on bad sides
SOGabriel

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:46:36 PM

Yes... Because nothing in this world is free, somebody somewhere will pay for what you called free one way or the other.
Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 11:53:23 PM

the inclusion of coins has attracted many people and there are some people who take advantage of this situation for bad things, they commit fraud only for their own sake so I do not think we will be free of scam as long as these bad guys are still there

Esiduf222

Activity: 36

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 12:25:40 AM

That's the power of freebies. But not all are scams at times you just have to know and look out for specific features of the project or airdrop.
TomUyamot

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:30:57 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

It does not actually follow that since the airdrop is a free give-away it is not a scam at all. If it is a scam, it remains a scam even if it is giving away its coins. You have to be careful because a lot of start-up crypto projects that are giving away free airdrops are holding a very huge portion of the coins to themselves. That means if the value of their coins gains growth, the developers might dump their huge holdings.
Restmand

Activity: 979
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:36:31 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

It does not actually follow that since the airdrop is a free give-away it is not a scam at all. If it is a scam, it remains a scam even if it is giving away its coins. You have to be careful because a lot of start-up crypto projects that are giving away free airdrops are holding a very huge portion of the coins to themselves. That means if the value of their coins gains growth, the developers might dump their huge holdings.
Free means it is not required money or not cost any money. And we know that the scam is a dishonest way yo make money by deceiving people. So something free for me is not a scam maybe it's not free at all you'll have to do something to achieve a free maybe in a way that you need something to do just like in airdrop and bounty it doesn't need an investing but you need to become patience and become industrious
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 06:16:57 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

Something free is often a scam. But not always, you see. Moreover sometimes it is possible even to earn some money through free campaigns and services. In such a way I have got my first money two years ago.
alyssaxx

Activity: 193

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:25:48 AM

In some terms especially if they offering huge interest for just a short of time without doing much work.
But joining in any airdrops i think it is not scam since they're asking for our help for making their coins known in the market just by sharing. It is only their way of thanking us  for giving a portion of their tokens.
unexecuted

Activity: 175

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:32:26 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

I don't think they can steal your data or cryptocurrency, but it's possible that they won't to pay your tokens or these tokens can be zero cost
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 09:34:18 AM

Just becarefull when joining airdrop from uknown project and dont have any good reputation because just by only by filled the form possible they can harm your device and steal your private key. To be more safe just joined airdrop from legit company and also they run ICO. Although they only collect email adress but they can sell it to third party and make spam and sent link phising to our email adress
Crypto Chips

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

Cryptocurrency is Dilema

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 10:03:02 AM

no, because all of new project is have potential for turn to a scam, they don't want to be a scam, but the project idea and the execution of the project is not  effective that will bring the project turning to a scam
Centauron.io

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:21:43 AM

As an expansion to this discussion has anyone had positive experiences with Airdrops, either as a participant or an organiser?
Perfect35

Activity: 854

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 10:58:28 AM

Engaging  in airdrops that did not ask for donations or KYC, might make you feel you cannot be scammed. Good you mentioned e-mail as part of their requirements. If you give your email address out for any scam airdrop or ICO, if they do not use it by themselves, they may sell it to other scammers.
What happens is that, they may send phishing sites to you and if that is the same email you use for most of your security details, such as exchange accounts. If you click on and phishing site they send to you, you might get phished.
anizpk

Activity: 191
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 11:03:27 AM

Airdrops are not scam in general. You are not getting rewarded for free. You are rewarded for being a community member of that particular project. You are being part of the project promotion. So that reward is not free. Even if you think you are worthless, you are not actually. Your time is worth, your social presence have its value, your words have value. So the airdrop you are getting is not free.

|  Shopin  |  Shopping Made Personal
››››  https://tokensale.shopin.com/  ‹‹‹‹
Erik Goff

Activity: 261

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 12:57:53 PM

Simply they get your email address and after that they will sell it on black market, also many times airdrops try to steal your private key, so be aware!

⚜⚜⚜  ASSETSPLIT ICO  ⚜⚜⚜
⚡⚡⚡Asset Split is the place to build shares of your valuables⚡⚡⚡
♻ ▬▬▬▬▬  Facebook ♦️️ Twitter ♦️️ Telegram ♦️️ Discord ♦️️ Bitcointalk   ▬▬▬▬▬ ♻
Cassenan

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:02:06 PM

I haven't experience yet that can something free is a scam. It is my first time to join airdrop have no experience, i follow also in telegram. I  attract joining because of free and not exerting effort.
feverpitch

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:44:26 PM

Of course it can be a scam. For an example, the coins that are airdropped, also solds at ICO. And they want many followers and they can ask you to register in ther website or follow them on facebook, etc. They want you to help them to interest investors.
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:47:54 PM

offcourse man!!

It very much depends on what do they want? maybe your personal data or just to donwload a simple  "unharmfull" program, and you get hacked... man watch your head, it's a chaos out there,

watch out!  usually if something is too good to be true, just get away from that...

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: