Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:17:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can something free be a scam?  (Read 4096 times)
george_hured

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:02:21 AM

No. Because very much today exists in open source. Let every person think about this, because these technologies, which are developed in open access today, are the most popular.
iljamlnk

Activity: 406
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:17:04 AM

There are really a lot of scams in airdrops.You can certainly find normal,but the earnings from them are so small that I do not spend time on it.
Joriecoinbit

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 12:50:53 PM

No. Because very much today exists in open source. Let every person think about this, because these technologies, which are developed in open access today, are the most popular.
It has a chances that it will end to scams, for how long you participate in bounties there are possibilities not to earned rewards in campaign , I think it depends on how you choose a good one in order to be more secured.
hellyeahent

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:01:35 AM

In fact, quite a few projects turn out to be scammers. Yes, they may not require money, but you have to spend time and other resources on them.
Early_Waffle

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:21:47 AM

Now the number of scammers has increased, so you need to be careful not to risk your time and personal data. We need to carefully select projects.
merrillolive

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:26:12 AM

Maybe most of the time, no one gives anyone something for free, they just give us free when we make them some requests, but the easier earning or making free coins, the more easily cheat.
fantasticX5

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:30:53 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,
If it wasted your time by joining on their airdrop and did not get your token then it's still a scam. Be careful in sending your email address as they can use it to spam your account or hack it if you have link to exchanges.
Dynamist

Activity: 333

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:36:57 AM

Hi everybody,
Lately I am reading a lot of posts asking: is this airdrop a scam? Is that free ICO a scam?
So I am wondering how can something that doesn't cost you a penny be a scam. Sure, they get your email adress and maybe a ETH Adress, but how can you  really be scamed with only this informations? I am not talking about airdrops that require kyc registration, that for sure can be dangerous.
Cheers,

There are legit airdrops and ICO and there also fake ones.
You just have to take extra precautions and to think very carefully about what and where you plan on joining. Just think twice whenever a certain airdrops or even an ICO requiring personal and private information about you, its important that you shouldn't just provide it without giving it a second thought. Scams are everywhere. So, you should be extra careful and be wise enough to avoid one.

teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:39:00 AM

IMHO almost every air drop is a scam. I have collected so many of these shit coins that I'm tired looking at their super cheap prices. What is the fun of collecting so many of these when you can't even sell them for more than a dollar.
Mostly things that are free turn out to be scam, and things that are too ambitious are most often scams.
sadewa69

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:39:20 AM

yes of course, all that is very possible. now a lot of airdrop appears but few of them are paying. as well as the bounty that now appears very much, they are all indicated scam.

engesi

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:45:01 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 08:58:32 AM by engesi

Although this is the case in most cases, this is not all. I think there are still some free coins ,they are valuable. You just have to be careful about your money. I believe that you will not be deceived.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:47:29 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,
I agree with you , it's free but there are some airdrop that are really scams , they do not send you the token as promised.  And they will sell your information to those who need it . If your account is not good  security ,  your account may be hacked or spammed .
Skortish

Activity: 89

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 08:49:56 AM

not all things that are free thats a scam, some of this is just for you to help promote their project and at the end decide to repay you by giving free tokens or coin.
but be very careful of the kind of airdrops and bounties you apply for.
Casmiro

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:51:51 AM

of course there are very large precisely. because something isn't free they can scam. Especially for something that's free. Currently in crypto, it's hard enough getting something without doing anything. So we have to keep extra careful.
xeno94

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:52:19 AM

for me, i am not a fan of airdrops that require KYC registration. but then, not all Airdrops, Bounties, ICO projects that are scam.
they just want to repay you for helping promote their project by rewarding you with free tokens and coins.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 08:53:26 AM

scam and is not a difficult thing to know. free is not necessarily that scam as well as vice versa. the most important is choosing how best can airdrop is indeed proven to be paid. Maybe not scared, but be vigilant so that the results were not in vain it is crucial.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Euroda

Activity: 370

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:53:58 AM

Yes there are scam but if their are kyc needed it might not be a scam but still we need to keep our defense up and dont let get them because using personal info is fatal so choose what is much better to not

digiadven

Activity: 117

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:58:33 AM

Not really because some of them are really giving free coins. But in general most of them are really scam, I won't bother wasting my time to do any more airdrops or anything free.
Mancung

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:58:48 AM

Hi everybody,
Cheers,

I think scam will always be a scam no matter how they do it. If they dont scam you then they will scam another person, in this case is investor. Yes they might pays you after the project. But those coins will never hit an exchange, which is just same as a scam.
Or in another words, we  are helping therse scammers to raised funds from investor..
Vulcansalute

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:04:16 AM

Yes they can be scams but you're not losing anything are you ?. So what the heck?. It's just in the ICO part that you're required to pay that you 've to be more careful as most as scams nowadays.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: