Bitcoin Forum
September 25, 2024, 02:55:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big News from COINBASE  (Read 204 times)
Roberttran (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:15:54 AM

coinbase support for ERC20 tokens. Zmazing
We’re excited to announce our intention to support the Ethereum ERC20 technical standard for Coinbase in the coming months.

We are not announcing support for any specific assets today.
more details
https://blog.coinbase.com/adding-erc20-support-to-coinbase-fe9cba6782b
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1730

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:01:31 PM

We’re excited to announce our intention to support the Ethereum ERC20 technical standard for Coinbase in the coming months.

more details

This is indeed great news. Tokens finally will be easy to buy which means more adoption. Lately, we have seen few great news for cryptocurrencies. If this continues maybe we will see the end of this bear market sooner as we think. I hope for this but from what I know good news doesn't have much impact on price when the market is bearish.

ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:04:27 PM

Then you ask yourself how much power do particular exchanges have with their huge userbase. Because ERC20 tokens will be easily accessible via coinbase, we can see the spike in some of them for sure. Although I don't like coinbase much, this should hopefully boost up crypto market by enabling many people who don't like to think much and transfer between exchanges when buying with fiat.
Rath_
aka BitCryptex
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:06:34 PM

I still think that MyEtherWallet is way better when it comes to storing and managing your Ethereum. Even though Coinbase is a huge company, I don't think that it will affect popularity of tokens a lot. Support of ERC20 tokens isn't as important as supporting SegWit. There are so many tokens that there is no point in assuming that their price will increase thanks to these news. Coinbase has started expanding lately, why so suddenly? Is it because they acquired license in the United Kingdom?
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:09:57 PM

I still think that MyEtherWallet is way better when it comes to storing and managing your Ethereum. Even though Coinbase is a huge company, I don't think that it will affect popularity of tokens a lot. Support of ERC20 tokens isn't as important as supporting SegWit. There are so many tokens that there is no point in assuming that their price will increase thanks to these news. Coinbase has started expanding lately, why so suddenly? Is it because they acquired license in the United Kingdom?

They are expanding, because there is demand for it. They don't have to support all of them, but however some people find it hard to use MEW for instance, of asking themselves if they backed up everything right and if they did it in secure way. Some people don't want to try etheredelta or IDEX, no matter if they are decentralized exchanges. Some people won't think into buying if their exchange doens't support it and coins usually pump after they are added to coinbase.
flippener

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:45:36 PM

I worry about Coinbase - it's getting too big. Many people seem to thank that Coinbase is Bitcoin.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

jason.romano

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:22:49 PM

Good news or Ethereum users. Coinbase is extending their scopes and services. Good for Crypto altogether. Thanks for sharing the news buddy.
CherRic

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:28:07 PM

more details

Coinbase is a popular exchange in US and must follow also the standard address that supports ERC20. Most people are using ERc20 address and this should be accepted by all exchanges and listings. Well, this is a good news because people using coinbase can now have more accessibility for ERc20.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3108
Merit: 608

OrangeFren.com

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:29:23 PM

This is bitcoin discussion, erc20 token isn't bitcoin so this topic doesn't belongs to this section. However, replying on the topic coinbase is becoming bigger and if they are starting to support ERC 20 tokens then there's a lot of it right? They are happy to announce but they are still studying about it.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:34:07 PM

worrying move for them.... move to other exchanges is probably advisable.

most erc20 tokens are a joke and not in a good way either.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: