Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:58:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter banned cryptocurrencies Ads  (Read 1884 times)
PPumpsTogether (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:59:58 AM

Twitter will follow Google and Facebook's lead in banning cryptocurrency ads.

The ban will roll out Tuesday, and become fully enforceable for all advertisers within a month, including initial coin offerings and token sales.

It will also cover ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services.

Is that a problem for bitcoin too or only ICO's ??
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:03:14 PM

Media websites, news websites and TV stations will market bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. If you have noticed from the last ATH, we still can see here and there talks about bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general by various sources. People can still write blogs, create their videos and when you have some people with influence do this things even tell little about it more people will become aware. On the next ATH there is going to be even more talks about it. Banning ads is okay I guess as it eliminates a lot of phishing and scam advertising that we've been seeing all over the place.

ICOs still can do promotions through bounties and such things if they wanted to.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 12:25:13 PM

You are using Internet Explorer, or what? C'mon, it's one week old news. And it was already discussed on Bitcointalk in so many threads already. Before starting new thread try to use search to be sure that similar thread wasn't already started by someone else.
Twitter will ban cryptocurrency ads. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency, so it's problem not for ICO's only, but also for Bitcoin.
But direct influence will be not big, it mainly affect Bitcoin related services such as exchanges, wallets, shops and etc.

cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:28:41 PM

I don't think that twitter banning cryptocurrencies ads would anyway affect bitcoin. A lot investors are still buying bitcoin and its popularity is also increasing.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
cryptogideon19

Activity: 316
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:34:18 PM

I think so they just do it because they have no income here. Do you advertise on social media with free of charge about social media. How much money do they have to lose? I think they're just looking for income to ban it Smiley.
futureofeth

Activity: 686

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:36:01 PM

I don't think that twitter banning cryptocurrencies ads would anyway affect bitcoin. A lot investors are still buying bitcoin and its popularity is also increasing.

Exactly, it won't effect Bitcoin market because it will affect only ICO market but there are many other ways where people are investing. Already we have seen many advertising related projects has been launched their ICO through Blockchain, maybe people will start approaching those websites.

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
yecats

Activity: 395
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:39:22 PM

I hope that this will not gonna happen. Twitter is huge thing for ICO campaign one of the easiest way to promote bounties . For sure twitter will just make a regulation  about crypto currency how  to eliminate scammers but to the point that  they will ban crypto currency.
nitrinto

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 12:46:10 PM

I don't think this is a problem for bitcoin.information can be obtained from other sources
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 12:49:49 PM

facebook, google, and now twitter. what kind of situation is this? this will undoubtedly continue to have an impact on crypto prices which will ultimately be a bit of a difficult ride. in fact lately along with bad news about crypto, crypto prices continue to fall.
gesdan

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:13:59 PM

right now why big company ban the crptocurrencies ico, as we can see that that company is not is not harmed because of cryptocurrency ads even they got many profit because of that, and we know that bitcoin and other crypto is not illegal, why they should block cryptocurrencies ads

GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:24:47 PM

many social networks are beginning to ban advertising crypto world! I'm sure it's not just that! most likely they are pursuing their own profit! or simply they start to manage very large wallets! for example: many bankers do not like it, then they have their capitalization in bitcoin and the crypto market!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
PPumpsTogether (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:26:56 PM

You are using Internet Explorer, or what? C'mon, it's one week old news. And it was already discussed on Bitcointalk in so many threads already. Before starting new thread try to use search to be sure that similar thread wasn't already started by someone else.
Twitter will ban cryptocurrency ads. Bitcoin is cryptocurrency, so it's problem not for ICO's only, but also for Bitcoin.
But direct influence will be not big, it mainly affect Bitcoin related services such as exchanges, wallets, shops and etc.
in fact i new it only today,  and i'm using chrome  Wink, but my question was about ICO's and bitcoin, not only twitter, any way i'm sorry for being late.
PPumpsTogether (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:37:38 PM

facebook, google, and now twitter. what kind of situation is this? this will undoubtedly continue to have an impact on crypto prices which will ultimately be a bit of a difficult ride. in fact lately along with bad news about crypto, crypto prices continue to fall.
don't you think that everything gonna be ok like everybody do ?
because the majority thinks that cryptocurrencies integrated with our new life and the people can't stop using it at all ?
PPumpsTogether (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:52:17 PM

right now why big company ban the crptocurrencies ico, as we can see that that company is not is not harmed because of cryptocurrency ads even they got many profit because of that, and we know that bitcoin and other crypto is not illegal, why they should block cryptocurrencies ads

i'm not sure if all the news are true or not but substantially it's clear that many of parties trying to move the market as they want.
PPumpsTogether (OP)

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 01:59:43 PM

Another redundant thread. Search this topic in the forum you'll find answers.
sorry bro i new it only today and i have my own question about the Influence on bitcoin and ICO's each separately...
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 02:04:03 PM

These mainstream medias don't want to be stained by some scam ICOs or any scheme that involves cryptocurrencies. And this is also for the safety of their subscribers / users which right. Bitcoin will not be affected by this because by now, even without advertisement, bitcoin is being talked about. New ICO's will be having a hard time now but they will be deserving if they manage to pull off and gain investors without the help of mainstream medias.

marjoree

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 02:42:50 PM

The ban will roll out Tuesday, and become fully enforceable for all advertisers within a month, including initial coin offerings and token sales.

It will also cover ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services.

Last month, there's an issue regarding ICOs advertising being banned on Facebook and its on twitter now. I really don't know if there's a problem in ICOs but one thing that comes up to my mind is protecting the identity of people. Actually, bitcoin can be a source of danger because as you can see, it is really attractive in the eyes of people with bad intention. The thing is, does the advertising of ICOs in any other social media has been followed or not?

BitChief

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:08:12 PM

Last month, there's an issue regarding ICOs advertising being banned on Facebook and its on twitter now. I really don't know if there's a problem in ICOs but one thing that comes up to my mind is protecting the identity of people. Actually, bitcoin can be a source of danger because as you can see, it is really attractive in the eyes of people with bad intention. The thing is, does the advertising of ICOs in any other social media has been followed or not?

I don't really see this as a huge issue, I do not believe the advertising of ICOs is really a high quality or conversion means of advertising for these projects anyway. All these changes may just force the industry to become more professional in its approach.

GoNetWork★☆★ By the Winning Team at ETHWaterloo ★☆★GoNetWork
▬World's Largest Ethereum Hackathon▬ (https://gonetwork.co/)
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:17:47 PM

Get yoyr facts straight. They don't necessarily banned all cryptocurrency ads on the social networking site. They only banned those cryptocurrency advertisements that seem to pose harm and thenones that seem very suspicious of a scam. Media only exaggerated tge news and told everyone that bitcoin and other cryptocurrency as wellcas advertisements were banned on twitter. Possibly to discourage investors.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:35:14 PM

There are two potential issues going on.

The first is the issue of trying to censor exposure to anything cryptocurrency related. It's possible that may be going on, though I rather doubt it, but even so, there remain multiple sources of information on all things cryptocurrency-related. Advertising on those sites tends to be better targeted anyway if it's crypto-related, so it seems that's where cryptocurrency ads will go.

The second issue is that within the cryptocurrency industry, sadly, there are lots of scams, including many ICOs, and those are the ones most likely to pursue advertising on more general sites like Twitter and Facebook. Those scams are a blight on our industry. I'm pretty sure that's the real intended target of censoring on the part of the big social media networks. Although I'm not advocating for complete removal of all such ads everywhere (free speech and all), quite frankly, any large site that does anything to reduce the amount of scam ads is doing the industry a favor. Hopefully our industry can get to the point of self regulating that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: