Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:38:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Twitter banned cryptocurrencies Ads  (Read 1885 times)
tapistal13

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:41:49 PM

Shitty news for all crypto world
Mrt2018

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:45:37 PM

Seems all the social giants are banning cryptocurrency ads, I rarely use them, So, I don't give a damn. We'll replace all of them in couple of years if they don't join our party.

Thing is this could be the start of a more harsh pressure on crypto by the social networks. If they completely ban pages and announcements no starting coin can survive.
PPumpsTogether (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 09:48:04 PM

Twitter will follow Google and Facebook's lead in banning cryptocurrency ads.

The ban will roll out Tuesday, and become fully enforceable for all advertisers within a month, including initial coin offerings and token sales.

It will also cover ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services.

Is that a problem for bitcoin too or only ICO's ??

Social websites are banning advertisements related to cryptocurrencies. This is not a big problem for both Bitcoin and ICOs. Yes, this will affect the promotion strategies of Bitcoin exchanges or ICOs, but the affect will be little.. We still have many platforms and forum where anyone can discuss anything about Bitcoins. People can still write blogs on cryptocurrencies. ICOs can approach those websites for displaying their advertisements. Also, this will neither stop the investors from investing in cryptocurrencies.
in this world of cryptocurrencies i believe in Ideas, creativity of new things gonna make us a development and change to the best, honesty in work, that what gives the coins its value, neither google or facebook or twitter decreases currency value if its project is strong and purposeful.
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 10:11:57 PM

I believe this is not the thing which FB or twitter decided to do at the same time. That sites losing lots of money by blocking some of the adds which is their main income. I believe someone ordered them to ban cryptocurrency. None of the banks want to lose income for cryptocurrency. They don't want to people  show interest to crypto

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:14:14 PM

dont worry.they are making crypto more stronger than before Smiley
just hold and buy good crypto.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:23:48 PM

Thing is this could be the start of a more harsh pressure on crypto by the social networks. If they completely ban pages and announcements no starting coin can survive.

They won't ban posts or pages dedicated to crypto, because if you don't strictly search for it yourself, you won't be seeing it, so it's not a problem. Ads however may pop up everywhere, even if people aren't necessarily active in that specific field, regardless of how advanced their algorithm is, and that's something they no longer want to happen. I don't completely agree with these measures, but I do understand the external pressure forcing them to do this. On the other hand, the majority of the crypto related ads were pointing at malicious entities, and that is now gone. Maybe, maybe if crypto gets more regulated, these policies might change for the good, but that's something that could take years and years before we see it change....
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:30:27 PM

I guess this is a good news.  Look if they dont spend money in crypto ads,  they would rely on bounty. They will  need bounty hunters to do the marketing.

Another thing 50% of sites posted from Google, Twitter and FB are philsting sites. Banning all of them will eliminate the scams.

The ban will roll out Tuesday, and become fully enforceable for all advertisers within a month, including initial coin offerings and token sales.

It will also cover ads by cryptocurrency exchanges and cryptocurrency wallet services.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 11:33:09 PM

What?! Before, facebook and google and then now, twitter? Is that true?! (I can't verify it for myself because i don't have a twitter account).

If this news is legit then I'm pretty sure that it will greatly affect ICO's sales because some of them have twitter campaigns. On the other hand, i don't think btc will be affected since it is already well known compare to alts.
PPumpsTogether (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:35:02 AM

What?! Before, facebook and google and then now, twitter? Is that true?! (I can't verify it for myself because i don't have a twitter account).

If this news is legit then I'm pretty sure that it will greatly affect ICO's sales because some of them have twitter campaigns. On the other hand, i don't think btc will be affected since it is already well known compare to alts.
yes that true and in fact they did it.
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:41:04 AM

Not only twitter banner crypto currencies but most Social Media banned crypto currencies ads. Many of us are now advertising crypto currencies in social medias because we all know that it can help us to promote it there in that way many people will know more about cryto currency.
Bitfling

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:48:57 AM

Its only happen only on ICOs. After many happen scam ICOs, some social media platform banning ICOs ads to protect their user from being deceived. That will effect to start up with good project want to lauch their ICO
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:13:13 AM

I get the sketchy ICOs, but wtf, the CEO is really deep in crypto so why is he trying to stifle it? This seems counterintuitive, or maybe he's got regulators breathing down his neck or something. Idk, when you're that big you should do what's right and keep moving forward, not give in like this.
chengyinoing

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:18:06 AM

I hope it doesn't happen. Twitter is one of the easiest ways to promote an ICO event.

These mainstream media do not want to be tainted by some scam ICO or any scheme involving cryptocurrency.
Sihab76

Activity: 1302
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 01:19:39 AM

I don't think this is a problem for bitcoin.information can be obtained from other sources
It is not trusted. Very scam news. Twitter and Facebook is very important and popular media for ico and presale of altcoin and token. So i don't think that Twitter will be banned.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 04:12:13 AM

Such a ban will not affect anything. In any case, it should not affect the rate of bitcoin and other crypto currency. This ban on ads should only clear this network of fraudulent ads. The ICO itself should not suffer from this. because there are many more ways to advertise their projects, including on this forum. From this, the significance and image of this forum only increases and this is one of the positive moments of such a ban.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:24:04 AM

news on the ban on bitcoin in social media makes bitcoin and Altcoin prices go down. at the moment we have seen that bitcoin and Altcoin are getting cheaper. everyone is worried about the state of bitcoin and Altcoin in the market because they are afraid of losing more if the price of bitcoin and Altcoin cheaper.

De Suga09

Activity: 352
Merit: 125

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:35:59 AM

Twitter already banned bitcoin and every cruptocurrency ads after google announced it early this month. Because of this, bitcoin prices are going low. However I believe that this prices will still go up. I think this ban only affects bitcoin prices not all ICO because ethyrium is already taking the front stage
Kulafu

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:41:06 AM

There's any link on this or just a speculation? Seem there's no news break on the web anyway.

DATAREUM.NET  |  A DECENTRALIZED MARKETPLACE FOR DATA
━━━━━⚫     Pre-ICO starts at APR 28, 2018     ⚫━━━━━
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:46:52 AM

I don't think that twitter banning cryptocurrencies ads would anyway affect bitcoin. A lot investors are still buying bitcoin and its popularity is also increasing.
I think it will affect. in fact this news alone will affect the price of crypto because many investors will start panicking which will result from them withdrawing their fund. if you see the crypto market now you will see the price of bitcoin is now below 8k. just wait and see what will happen when the media start to write about this but on the long run the market will adapt to this situation and the coin will start growing again. when one door of opportunity close the other one opens. twitter, facebook and google banning crypto ads will not be the end of cryptocurrency
RDNX

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:47:24 AM

Well, let's take a look from the positive perspective. I think now the only place for crypto advertising is this forum.
So, its good news for bounty hunters. ICO project should raise the token allocation for signature campaign.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: