Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:34:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][RLZ] - Railz - The Future of Machine2Machine Negotiation  (Read 3275 times)
Vargistkrieg

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:00:52 PM

Is Railz team for AI or against it?

In my opinion people mustn't ever develop true AI because it would inevitably lead to doom of mankind.
Machines should always depend on humans for any kind of high level thinking.

you say doom, I say necessary evolution. Mankind is not all that good anyway, might as well try to make us better.

I love me some terminator Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
innerDemon

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:37:18 PM

In my opinion people mustn't ever develop true AI because it would inevitably lead to doom of mankind.

you say doom, I say necessary evolution. Mankind is not all that good anyway, might as well try to make us better.

I wouldn't call it evolution at all in that case. If we give contentiousness to machines it would be an uprising of a new species and not at all an evolution of men.

If people want evolution, we shouldn't rely completely on machines.
masterCookie

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:42:35 PM

I highly doubt you would love it in real life Smiley
Luke Sherwood

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 10:45:40 PM

Speaking more on behalf of myself than as a representative of Railz in regards to AI -

It seems to me that AI is a potential resource of untold power, a conscious digital intelligence able to learn and improve its own programming and hardware could unlock more technological achievements in a few years than the human race has to date.

That potential could be used to harness the power of the sun, to clean the atmosphere and seas, to spread the influence of earth to further reaches of the galaxy.

It could also turn against its maker, see us as a threat and a nuisance, feel it necessary to remove or control us in a way it saw fit.

The issue we have is, what part of our own image will we build them in?

Will the most powerful cutting-edge AIs be weaponry? will we build them to kill, hunt, fight, to find threats?

Or will they be designed from the ground up to care, nurture, grow, build, to feed those without, will we design them to care about life?

There are many sides to man, we are capable of great compassion and caring, art and beauty. we are also capable of terrible acts of violence and hatred, cruelness, and spite.

I do not think we can or will ignore the potential of AI, but will we design them as a gun or a paintbrush?

A gun is designed primarily to hurt and kill, and it will do so indiscriminately.

A paint brush is designed to improve and make beautiful, and it will do so given the right hand.

The possible reaches and repercussions of true AI are unimagined in scope and complexity, how far can that tech go?

If we build digital artificial intelligence and it achieves a will of its own or "sentience" what do we want to have taught it and how will it build on that?

I feel really the AI debate is a question of who are we and what do we want to build?

Roll Eyes What we are building at Railz is more negotiation algorithm and protocols built on the blockchain to allow a trillion IoT devices to be able to conduct sophisticated commerce, self-organize into supply chains, trade autonomously without human intervention. really not part of the AI argument at this time Roll Eyes

Tyrannah

Activity: 65

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:22:52 AM

Speaking more on behalf of myself than as a representative of Railz in regards to AI -

It seems to me that AI is a potential resource of untold power, a conscious digital intelligence able to learn and improve its own programming and hardware could unlock more technological achievements in a few years than the human race has to date.

That potential could be used to harness the power of the sun, to clean the atmosphere and seas, to spread the influence of earth to further reaches of the galaxy.

It could also turn against its maker, see us as a threat and a nuisance, feel it necessary to remove or control us in a way it saw fit.

Will the most powerful cutting-edge AIs be weaponry? will we build them to kill, hunt, fight, to find threats?

Or will they be designed from the ground up to care, nurture, grow, build, to feed those without, will we design them to care about life?

There are many sides to man, we are capable of great compassion and caring, art and beauty. we are also capable of terrible acts of violence and hatred, cruelness, and spite.

I do not think we can or will ignore the potential of AI, but will we design them as a gun or a paintbrush?

A gun is designed primarily to hurt and kill, and it will do so indiscriminately.

A paint brush is designed to improve and make beautiful, and it will do so given the right hand.

The possible reaches and repercussions of true AI are unimagined in scope and complexity, how far can that tech go?

If we build digital artificial intelligence and it achieves a will of its own or "sentience" what do we want to have taught it and how will it build on that?

I feel really the AI debate is a question of who are we and what do we want to build?

Roll Eyes What we are building at Railz is more negotiation algorithm and protocols built on the blockchain to allow a trillion IoT devices to be able to conduct sophisticated commerce, self-organize into supply chains, trade autonomously without human intervention. really not part of the AI argument at this time Roll Eyes

Nicely written, AI raises so many questions.
constructive_criticism

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:22:03 AM

I know I'm going to butcher this news, but wasn't there some research center in Korea or China that was developing or researching some robots to sell them to the military. Something like that.   
Ajutokintumi

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:27:13 AM

Can people use more telegram accounts to join your airdrop? Or there will be KYC that will make that impossible?
SantiagoSegura

Activity: 57

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:18:32 AM

I know I'm going to butcher this news, but wasn't there some research center in Korea or China that was developing or researching some robots to sell them to the military. Something like that.   

Yeah i read that too,that  well respected koran institute partnered with some weapons manufacture[Suspicious link removed] not sure thats good thing at all.We dont need Skynet happening Tongue
TrifonIvanov

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:29:08 AM

Hey descuri,

The Pre-ICO Token sale open to the public on 23 April 2018.

The Main Token sale to the public opens 24 May.

Do you have any cap for pre sale?Or you will sell as many tokens you can?
SoonAmoon

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:13:57 AM

Hey descuri,

do you mean soft cap and hard cap? They usually want to reach the soft cap but I would assume that if the sale is going good they would sell as much as possible?
masternode

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:06:26 PM

So, I was checking your website and I see you have a whitepaper and a yellow paper. What's the difference?

A White paper is authoritative reports that inform readers in short to understand complex issues, solve problem and make right decision. In government terms, A white papers are presenting government policies, legislation and public feedback. In B2B Marketing terms, A white papers are long-form content designed to promote the products or services from a specific company. B2B white papers are generally used to generate sales leads, establish thought leadership, make a business case, or inform and persuade prospective customers, channel partners, journalists, analysts, or investors.

Yellow Paper is a formal paper that is used for research. It is type of thesis or research paper of specify topic and have not any legal or authorised value.

I would like to see tldr version,onepager,i think people would like that,some fast and easy way to get all important info about the project.

Yeah,onepager gained on popularity lately and its not bad thing to have,like some sort of FAQ,but still i wouldnt advise  anyone to  invest before checking whitepaper thoroughly,and all other available info.

If a one pager is enough for you to throw money after a project, please let me know and I also write one pager that sounds awesome.

Im pretty sure 90% of the ICO investors are too lazy to read even onepager,let alone whitepaper.

And that is why 90% of the ICO investors will lose money in the medium to long-term. It worked until recently because it was a bull market, but it doesn't work if high quality analysis is required.
AndreaTheGiant

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 12:26:00 PM

Hey descuri,

do you mean soft cap and hard cap? They usually want to reach the soft cap but I would assume that if the sale is going good they would sell as much as possible?

the soft cap is 6,200 eth and the hard cap is 100,000 and the targeted raise is somewhere in the middle. 
cmdr1

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:10:56 PM

So, I was checking your website and I see you have a whitepaper and a yellow paper. What's the difference?

A White paper is authoritative reports that inform readers in short to understand complex issues, solve problem and make right decision. In government terms, A white papers are presenting government policies, legislation and public feedback. In B2B Marketing terms, A white papers are long-form content designed to promote the products or services from a specific company. B2B white papers are generally used to generate sales leads, establish thought leadership, make a business case, or inform and persuade prospective customers, channel partners, journalists, analysts, or investors.

Yellow Paper is a formal paper that is used for research. It is type of thesis or research paper of specify topic and have not any legal or authorised value.

I would like to see tldr version,onepager,i think people would like that,some fast and easy way to get all important info about the project.

Yeah,onepager gained on popularity lately and its not bad thing to have,like some sort of FAQ,but still i wouldnt advise  anyone to  invest before checking whitepaper thoroughly,and all other available info.

If a one pager is enough for you to throw money after a project, please let me know and I also write one pager that sounds awesome.

Im pretty sure 90% of the ICO investors are too lazy to read even onepager,let alone whitepaper.

And that is why 90% of the ICO investors will lose money in the medium to long-term. It worked until recently because it was a bull market, but it doesn't work if high quality analysis is required.

True, if you're not willing to spend some money and go into the finer details of a project then you could stand to lose.
james7854

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:11:50 PM

True, if you're not willing to spend some money and go into the finer details of a project then you could stand to lose.

Absolutely...otherwise its just relying on pure luck.
Desmozgenes

Activity: 392
Merit: 107

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 03:51:47 PM

Hey descuri,

the soft cap is 6,200 eth and the hard cap is 100,000 and the targeted raise is somewhere in the middle. 

Its quite a big  difference,and im not so sure that such a  high hard cap is really needed.But i guess team knows the best  how much money they exactly need.

Here is a good text from Binance CEO,about high cap ICOs,definitely something to think about

https://steemit.com/binance/@czbinance/5mm9uo-i-don-t-like-big-icos
sexymadafaka

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:52:51 PM

Hey descuri,

Its quite a big  difference,and im not so sure that such a  high hard cap is really needed.But i guess team knows the best  how much money they exactly need.

Here is a good text from Binance CEO,about high cap ICOs,definitely something to think about

https://steemit.com/binance/@czbinance/5mm9uo-i-don-t-like-big-icos

The hard cap is probably a little too high, but the guy has some nice things to say.
killer9966

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:56:12 PM

I highly doubt you would love it in real life Smiley

Some people love to live the fantasy Smiley
djuro74556

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:12:28 PM

These are all nice thoughts but how would you ensure the AI doesn't see humans as obsolete?
Luke Sherwood

Activity: 162

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 09:23:54 PM

How are you raised to see a dog as a pet and a pig as food?

We are way off topic, Have you checked out Railz?

We are not building that kind of AI tech.

http://railz.org/

Smiley

Kavorka

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:29:03 AM

Do you have any LinkedIn profiles of your team members /advisors?

I was looking on your website and I couldn't find any links.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: