Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:09:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I just go commit suicide?  (Read 2882 times)
CoinCollector006

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:02:16 AM

I invested half of my  saving ($25,000)  into ETH when it was $725. ETH has now plunged to $459. I am very worried I will keep losing money and I fear for the worst.  I want to go kill myself   Huh

No trading loss is worth sacrificing your life, if you get stressed out over a trading loss it probably means that you invested too much in crypto versus your total net worth.
You have two options:

1) Hold and hope that crypto rises again someday. Its an open question whether it will, perhaps the parabolic move from 2017 was a fluke.  

2) Sell out and take your losses, this is painful but may be necessary so that you can sleep normally again. At least in the USA you will benefit from a tax loss carry forward which will help shield future profits from paying taxes.

My advices  calm down, try your best not to stress and in the future make sure that your bets aren't so large that they stress you out and lead you to contemplate suicidal thoughts.  

Life is precious, think how your parents, brothers, sisters, wife, and mistress would feel if you killed yourself, all because you lost money on a speculative bet in a high risk asset class.  

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluctuations

Activity: 183
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:31:56 AM

The current price drop is temporary. Just take a look at the entire crypto market, everything is down, not just ethereum. Don't worry about it and just forget about it for a few months. Ethereum is a solid project with a very active development team. I would not worry about it in the long term.
As you might expect, if a person borrows a high interest rate loan for investment, will they be able to wait a few months until the market recovers? And the sharks understand this and it will overwhelm the untrained in this market.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:39:03 AM

I invested half of my  saving ($25,000)  into ETH when it was $725. ETH has now plunged to $459. I am very worried I will keep losing money and I fear for the worst.  I want to go kill myself   Huh

Well if you got yourself killed then you will lose more on that of your investment. Why not keep on holding of your Ethereum for a while and hope with prayers that it will rise up again within this year again because you are not alone in this situation. My uncle who is not a rich guy lose $20,000 on Bitcoin alone but did not thinking of doing bad because at the first place he knows that joining any investments are risky specially Crypto Currencies because the price is unpredictable. Make this thing as charge to your learning experience then move on and who knows Ethereum will suddenly will rise again this year.
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:46:18 AM

Do not do it, stay positive and be patient, everyone is expecting good things will happen for  crypto anytime soon. More and more influential identities want to harm crypto and be regulate, that is why price is crashing. One good reason is, more people want to buy in at very low price. This is a mental game for traders. Study the flow of the market, and invest what you can afford to lose.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:03:59 AM

remain patient and calm, these will end when your investments have increased. indeed such a risk in trading or investment. do not panic and stay consistent
VBCryp@

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:43:41 AM

Why do you have to commit suicide? I think this should not be the parents give birth to us a good life, we should live well what are. If you have entered into the crypto market that failed, now the market is volatile. I think you do not panic and do not worry, just wait patiently. I believe that the good will come to you in the near future.
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266

Prontapay

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:03:38 AM

30%is nothing with this btc disco dancing.Iv lost 70% for now:)No suicide planned yet.Wait till summer/autumn.Whole picture should be more understandable by then.

karel88l

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:07:02 AM

I lost 20k USD (profit),not going to suiicide anyway,but i know dude who lost 9M USD profit ouch if i will be him i would be really depressed.
Pulsar1x

Activity: 36

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:00:21 AM

Wow wow wow, there buddy Smiley
So few things happened here. First, you invested your money and you thought, it will be so easy and fast to earn money with this. Which is if you see the last year and Ethereum chart. The market is in downfall after a huge rise and that is normal. When week people dump their money rise will start. So no worry there. Second, you didn't follow the Ethereum's development. If you did then you should not be worried, because they are working hard on scaling issue and that would be something that will be beneficial for the Ethereums value this year. Read about it on the internet. Third, your investment is big no matter how much money you have, but you are a lousy holder. You need to pull up your balls and hang in there or just turn off your pc and phone and go do something for couple months, don't think about it.
Fgomes87

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:29:53 AM

I see everyone talking about wait to sell when it's high.

But this situation can be even good for you. If ethereum goes pos you can use those eth you have to generate even more so... 25000$ is a lot so  you should have a decent amount of eth

Just need to keep your investment safe a little longer
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:59:03 AM

That's not a good idea my friend. You haven't lost money yet. You have your ETH and its value will rise up again. If your wallet was hacked and all gone, then maybe you can cry. But cryptocurrency market is like a roller coaster. Just ride and go with the flow.
bitcoinveda

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:02:38 AM

See don't do such things because the market will recover and already you have seen the potential of ETH. That's why many people suggest don't invest more than which you can afford to lose, it is better to hold for some more months until, the price increases.
LordShanken

Activity: 1112
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:09:16 AM

Really? Etherum is second coin in whole crypto market and it won't go anywhere, just wait some months and you will earn even 2x more than you invested, give it some time.
chiggx

Activity: 117

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:38:27 AM

do not commit suicide, please! go and see someone, a shrink or even a friend, talking about these things helps

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
caisa88

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 11:42:09 AM

I hope you are just joking man, you don’t have to be so emotional when you make investments.
Also, consider yourself lucky that you didn't invest when ETH was 1200$. You will make profit anyway, because ETH will get over 1000$ in the next months for sure.

vfrias

Activity: 90
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 11:51:16 AM

Every market still the same - anxious and impacient people selling for the patient and smart guys at the bottom. You should ask yourself if anything changed in ethereum fundamentals to sell with loss? If the answer is no so keep hodling and, if possible, buy more at the bottom.

The game ain't that hard.

speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 01:08:54 PM

Just relax mate and don't cut losses to your ETH. Wait for eth to recover and don't panic sell, you will end up with more losses at the end and you will regret your decision. Remember that dumps are a natural occurrence in the crypto community and considering that Eth is one of the best coin out there, there is a huge chance of price recovery and profits for your initial investments.
Eddyc

Activity: 1013
Merit: 391

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:29:34 PM

Now the price is at $ 400, but by analyzing your depressing and agonizing topic we must learn from it. In general, when investing in any area of a capital, we must forget the money and seek to learn as much as possible and seek profit and constancy. Regarding Ethereum you did not make a bad investment and for luck is one of the most solid currencies and they tend to rise in a bull market, stay calm.
tatamata98

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:32:43 PM

Stop saying things like this its only money
plurkstar

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 02:36:09 PM

A lot of time we have huge potential for alt coins but they are paired with Bitcoin for trading. So if bitcoin price goes up/down, the alt coins follow suites. Binance and bittrex already have plans to pair these coins with USD pairings which will be more stable for the cryptocurrency. Just wait for the good news guys!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: