Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen to your favorite alt-coin?  (Read 17239 times)
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:37:32 PM

What if everyone made a coin for their children as they were born?
No one would be born into debt, and we would all basically be independent nations.

And no coin wuold worth anything

No coin is worth anything when it is made. Just like bitcoin. The community and their goals and achievements are what give them value. Just like the USD.

And a coin based on a child's future is inherently better than a coin that is meant for "the fun of mining".

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:42:34 PM

Rather than more blockchains, which are afterall a ridiculously expensive format due to the cost of protection from 51% attack and so on, the plan is to use Open Transactions to branch out the DeVCoin system into more artistic and creative fields. Various domains have been acquired toward those goals but maybe some of the delay might have been due to problems trying to get all the required domains. So a lot has already been moving behind the scenes, it was not considered a good idea to talk a lot about those efforts before securing all the relevant domains otherwise we'd likely just find domain squatters grabbing all the domains they could predict from our discussions that we would be wanting.

Maybe if all the domains have at last been secured we could finally talk about those plans...

-MarkM-

So Mark what is Devcoins vision? what is it capable of? What is happening now?

http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=devcoin_bounty
Everything from flavored water, to 3D printer designs, to space shuttles.
haightst

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:24:30 PM

I'm still stuck on how y'all think altcoins create wealth. I don't see any of them being any easier to transact than Bitcoin.

I'll try to keep this short.  

I believe BTC protocol creates wealth because of the value it adds to the system. It allows for fast and cheap transfers world wide. It prevents a central authority from destroying the currency at it own whims.  It is a store of wealth.  Any of these things can be done with other services or instruments; PayPal, Gold, fiat. BTC just does it better.

Now enter Alts. If the alt adds nothing new to BTC it adds very little value. It does add some value, as it allows for the acquisition of BTC, from some other means, other then buying or mining BTC directly. Both of which can be difficult and expensive.

Alt Coins that add new features to BTC, add true wealth. Example Proof of Stake, which now allows for much higher energy efficiency of inflating a crypto. A big issue for BTC.  

Obviously some of these features could be added BTC, some maybe can not.

In short I think alt coins are a mixed bag. Creating one simply to pump and dump, is damaging to the system, but hey it is a free market. Creating ones to improve and enhance BTC is a good thing! IMHO...
Exactly. The current philosophy of "create coins for fun" but "mining is what we consider fun" can not last forever. Eventually people are going to realize that many of these coins have nothing supporting then except an [ANN] thread.

Coins should not be made to trade for bitcoin. Coins should be made to bridge the gap between bitcoin and the public.

it's called cryptsy my dude,,, use it wisely!  Cool

How do you earn coins with crypsty, without already having coins?

you need some coins?... i got chu!!! Grin big thingz in the works!
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:28:18 PM

I'm still stuck on how y'all think altcoins create wealth. I don't see any of them being any easier to transact than Bitcoin.

I believe BTC protocol creates wealth because of the value it adds to the system. It allows for fast and cheap transfers world wide. It prevents a central authority from destroying the currency at it own whims.  It is a store of wealth.  Any of these things can be done with other services or instruments; PayPal, Gold, fiat. BTC just does it better.

Now enter Alts. If the alt adds nothing new to BTC it adds very little value. It does add some value, as it allows for the acquisition of BTC, from some other means, other then buying or mining BTC directly. Both of which can be difficult and expensive.

Alt Coins that add new features to BTC, add true wealth. Example Proof of Stake, which now allows for much higher energy efficiency of inflating a crypto. A big issue for BTC.  

In short I think alt coins are a mixed bag. Creating one simply to pump and dump, is damaging to the system, but hey it is a free market. Creating ones to improve and enhance BTC is a good thing! IMHO...
Exactly. The current philosophy of "create coins for fun" but "mining is what we consider fun" can not last forever. Eventually people are going to realize that many of these coins have nothing supporting then except an [ANN] thread.

Coins should not be made to trade for bitcoin. Coins should be made to bridge the gap between bitcoin and the public.

Yeah I need coins. I literally have less than 1 btc to my name. I'm not asking for coins just explaining.
I get paid Devcoins and have been buying books to research so I can write more on devtome and get more Devcoins.
haightst

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:34:21 PM

I went on FB search and typed in the following things, then sent it to EVERY page that came up:

Don't do that; spamming is evil.

RE: hyper-complexity of the multi-coin paradigm:

uhhh...  Were you a postmodern lit major in college?

I've got a pretty simple, but I think fairly accurate, view of money/wealth.

I believe you can't create wealth just by printing money.  You can create the illusion of wealth (and I imagine some Keynesians would argue the illusion is enough to lubricate the economy and somehow increase productivity and growth and wealth; lets set aside that argument).

You can create wealth by making it easier for people to transact (and money is the world's best invention for doing that, barter is terribly inefficient).

good morning~ are you still making moves over here?(i'm from Lee) >>

http://www.berkshares.org/whatareberkshares.htm

~my thought is to somehow integrate the two imho!

+blessed!+

Cool
haightst

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:36:57 PM

Yeah I need coins. I literally have less than 1 btc to my name. I'm not asking for coins just explaining.
I get paid Devcoins and have been buying books to research so I can write more on devtome and get more Devcoins.

is this shaggy? LOL  Cheesy
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:43:38 PM

Yeah.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 02:57:12 PM

If you love Devcoin and want to see it go up in value, tweet this link @BookTV http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=ancient_history_by_finshaggy_aka_hannibalimhotep&s[]=history&s[]=hannibal
haightst

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:21:44 PM

Yeah.

man i tried to help you this spring!  Cool *you all dissed me!
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:24:58 PM

it's called cryptsy my dude,,, use it wisely!  Cool

is this shaggy? LOL  Cheesy

Yeah.

man i tried to help you this spring!  Cool *you all dissed me!

You're preaching to the choir. I feel like I am the only one trying to help the coin while they all just sit and hold it and bitch at me. And my brother died in June, I feel like they should have had a little more consideration.
haightst

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:51:01 PM

Yeah.

You're preaching to the choir. I feel like I am the only one trying to help the coin while they all just sit and hold it and bitch at me. And my brother died in June, I feel like they should have had a little more consideration.

Devcoin idea of writing to earn coins is awesome!~unfortunately the people running it are ego trippers. Also the client embeds stuff on your computer, I had to use special softwares to remove all the crap. If you want to help I have a new project you can help us with, with FLO~ ..=)
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:09:57 PM

Yeah.

Devcoin idea of writing to earn coins is awesome!~unfortunately the people running it are ego trippers. Also the client embeds stuff on your computer, I had to use special softwares to remove all the crap. If you want to help I have a new project you can help us with, with FLO~ ..=)

I'm down.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:13:32 PM

I have gotten thanks from people in English speaking countries, Germany, and Arabic speaking countries, for sharing this thread with them in PM. And usually when I send PMs to help everyone I get reported and PMs locked for 30 days after like 200 messages. My Facebook is still active, which means the people who aren't replying are at least not mad about getting the info. And I sent it to over 4,000 inboxes.

So I think this is really going to start getting big.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:04:16 AM

Almost 3,000 views on this thread.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 12:05:17 AM

Litecoin is now moving up so what will happen is most likely another bubble develops and then corrects back again at a good level!
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:36:58 AM

Once I get Internet in my apt (tomorrow) I'll be sending this out to like 4,000 more people.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:50:36 AM

Don't forget to share ^^this^^
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 04:37:02 AM

Well if you are sending it out to that many people, tell them to stick the TAG ID in their footer and I can TAG them..Smiley

I'm not sure what any of that means.
ANiceJewishBoy (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:10:58 AM

I'm not sending anything out about existing coins. My goal is to prompt companies into making their own.
tagbond

Activity: 627
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:41:08 AM

ah ok..will delete my posts..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: