Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 10:46:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin fair for those who buy for the first time now?  (Read 715 times)
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:48:53 PM

I told a friend about bitcoin and he bought in January when it was around  $14,650 and until now he is still holding. I also told another friend early this month that bitcoin is recovering and he can join the train by buying now and he embark on that and bought around  $10760 but now he is complaining that he has loose money. I encourage them that if the can hold bitcoin is going to grow again and if the sell now they will loose they investment.
You need to be very careful when recommending bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency to your friends or family, you basically gave them financial advice telling them to buy and now they are losing money, who do you think they are going to blame for it? They're going to blame you for their losses especially if they really did not knew anything about the market of cryptocurrencies and the risk inherent to this market, so whenever you are recommending bitcoin as a good investment tell them to make a very deep research about it before making any kind of investment and ask you questions about it so they do not have any kind of doubts before investing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redsap

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:59:56 PM

if your speaking as an economist i think you will not asking some question like that
if your talking about fair or not, you know how the market cap like any big company right now
but when they started and still little how much people buy their share
i know bitcoin is don't have any fundamental asset but bitcoin price is like a finishing product that doesn't producing more new supply so it still risiing if demand are high
and that fair for thoese who buy for the first time because they have a chance and look the oppurtunity in it

Alik_Rzasoy

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:21:02 PM

As an economist, I worry about a lot of issues related to economies in this world.
Bitcoin is surely a revolution, but I worry that it is highly unfair for the older generations and the people who join Bitcoin in later periods.

Most people in the world do not hold Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If they started buying it, prices would soar and there would be a huge purchasing power transfer from those who got later in to those who got in earlier. For these people, staying in Fiat currency will be the best option.

Also, there is the issue of scalability and of the timeframe of existance of Bitcoin.
Isn't it better to jump try an ICO? And following this reasoning why invest in an ICO now when something better may come later?

I think many of the discussions about cryptocurrencies leave out those of our society who have less access to information and new technologies.

What do you think?
Thank you.

In my opinion, that is not unfair for old people those who do not have even information about them. Because, after the Soviet Union demolished in the past, there were so many people who used advantages of it, and obviously many of us did not live in those time of period, so what should we do? Do we need to use time travel for going past? Cheesy Technology is consumed efficiently only with people who are capable of new developments. Whoever does not have enough information in time, thats their problem, you should not worry about them, if you can just inform and advice them.
Masongrae

Activity: 223
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:34:22 AM

As an economist you should know that the market price is always the 'fair' price. If people don't want to pay it for whatever reason then they won't. If you are intent on using bitcoin to purchase goods and services as it's intended then it does not matter if you buy at $1 or $10000, the use is exactly the same.

Scalability is a clear issue and it's being worked on, it's not so prevalent right now because there aren't huge amounts of transactions but we saw in November/December what an increase in transactions can do to fees and transfer times.

Again I question your reasoning for investing, if you are looking for profit from an investment then maybe an ICO is better for you, or if you are looking for something different to bitcoin then an ICO again could be best. But if you want bitcoin and its futures then there is no reason to look to an alternative.

I agree completely with the quote. The price of bitcoin should not be an issue if you will invest. Whatever the price it will always be fair from the time you invest. That’s the risk of investing in bitcoin. If you are having problem with bitcoin price then ICO may be the best for you. To answer the question about the best time for the first time in bitcoin. Whatever time or anytime you invest, it is the best time. Just be wise on how you invest.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:59:38 AM

As an economist you should know that the market price is always the 'fair' price. If people don't want to pay it for whatever reason then they won't. If you are intent on using bitcoin to purchase goods and services as it's intended then it does not matter if you buy at $1 or $10000, the use is exactly the same.

Scalability is a clear issue and it's being worked on, it's not so prevalent right now because there aren't huge amounts of transactions but we saw in November/December what an increase in transactions can do to fees and transfer times.

Again I question your reasoning for investing, if you are looking for profit from an investment then maybe an ICO is better for you, or if you are looking for something different to bitcoin then an ICO again could be best. But if you want bitcoin and its futures then there is no reason to look to an alternative.

I agree completely with the quote. The price of bitcoin should not be an issue if you will invest. Whatever the price it will always be fair from the time you invest. That’s the risk of investing in bitcoin. If you are having problem with bitcoin price then ICO may be the best for you. To answer the question about the best time for the first time in bitcoin. Whatever time or anytime you invest, it is the best time. Just be wise on how you invest.

Yes, I do strongly agree with this one as well, the price is always fair even if the price crashes or it skyrockets it shouldn't be an issue within investing, but what if these first time buyers of BTC has limited and tight budget around them, then they should really observe the price, because they cannot invest without BTC, and therefore if you are looking forward to buy some Bitcoin/s then you should really take a look at the price and it may get you more if the price is down.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:32:16 AM

The reason that people who invested on Bitcoin early on has an advantage is mainly because they actually gambled their money on something they're not sure will go big ib the future. The advamtage they gained is mainly the rewards they have for the uncertainty of their investments before. The same thing coyld be said about the stock markets.

Flor1982

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:41:58 AM

This current market price is in favor of those who are new comers who just joined and will join Bitcoin investment because the price is much cheaper to purchase than before. So if i where these people i will buy much cheaper Bitcoin today and who knows the long awaited bullish market run is now just around the corner in which it will become an opportunity to earn huge.
bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:50:53 AM

I think in the current market price of bitcoin, it is still fair for the first timer to but btc at this current price as I believe btc can still efficiently improve it's market growth in the coming years. I would suggest somehow to every first timer to consider long term investment if they wanted to invest in bitcoin. However, prior to do so, they must have to educate and familiarize themselves about bitcoin so as to gain sufficient knowledge about the market trends and movement.
sumanto

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:55:38 AM

if you buy the bitcoin at this time and hold it until the price goes up then you can get a lot of profits you need to do just wait until the price becomes very expensive. just be patient the price can definitely be very expensive again someday.
Hinugh

Activity: 110

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:20:57 AM

As an economist, I worry about a lot of issues related to economies in this world.
Bitcoin is surely a revolution, but I worry that it is highly unfair for the older generations and the people who join Bitcoin in later periods.

Most people in the world do not hold Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. If they started buying it, prices would soar and there would be a huge purchasing power transfer from those who got later in to those who got in earlier. For these people, staying in Fiat currency will be the best option.

Also, there is the issue of scalability and of the timeframe of existance of Bitcoin.
Isn't it better to jump try an ICO? And following this reasoning why invest in an ICO now when something better may come later?

I think many of the discussions about cryptocurrencies leave out those of our society who have less access to information and new technologies.

What do you think?
Thank you.
It would never be fair in the old generation they adopt currency in early stage and besides even if you join i later period you are lucky because you know bitcoin while the price is not too high, don't look on how much you buy the coin look on the development of the project if it is good to buy or not, then if i'm not mistaken you'll find on where you can invest, just make a research on a project before you go through an investment.

That is exactly right not to look of the price when you  bought the coin instead look  on the developement of a project.  If you keep thingking of the value when bought it then when you compare the price 5 years ,you only feel dissappoinment and you will loss focus of your goals.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 07:24:57 AM

it is difficult to accept the fact when the first buy, and now the price falls very drastically. For those who have bought for a long time or less 3-5 years ago, they have got a profit. but for the new buy, surely they are shocked to see the fact that the price drops very drastically. no wonder some of them do panic sell. it would be better if the hold and see the possibility of the price will rise again.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bowals

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 04:17:23 PM

Fair or not doesn't matter, the purchasing power is still d the same
orarider

Activity: 575
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

I think bitcoin is very fair for everyone. Anonymity of bitcoin is favorable conditions for those who are new to electronic money. You can invest into electronic money at any time and in any place.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:23:55 AM

Bitcoin is fair for everyone provided you have enough patience to wait and trade cautiously when need be. You can simply trade some portions of your BTC to earn more BTC without necessarily worry about the prices in the next few months.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 12:25:13 AM

There are always an advantage of being the starter. That's why there is a rule "First Come, First Serve". If you started long ago and invested in bitcoin when it does not have any value, you are now a millionaire right now. But because the market is volatile, price drops down and it is a sign that newbies can enter in bitcoin anytime. There are still chance for those who are beginning right now.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
btchunter02

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:35:57 AM

I think not instead their bless, because they buy it now while market is low, if you buy now you made wise decision soon cryptocurrency market  price will definitely bounce back, a real profit to set your future.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:36:11 AM

Fair or not doesn't matter, the purchasing power is still d the same
That's wrong. The purchasing power of your fiat capital highly depends on Bitcoin's price, where if you enter now you get way more bang for your buck. Those who entered far above $10,000 wish they waited before buying.

The only problem for newbies is that they don't know what the right moment is to open up a position. Only time proves whether or not it was a good decision, and considering they blindly enter, it's mostly not good for them.

It's not easy being a newbie, especially with how hostile the altcoin market is. I'm quite sure that most of the newbies and maybe even the older members here are mentally broken due to the bear market.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 12:49:29 AM

What do you think?
Thank you.

I think it depends on the person who is investing. I say that because whether they are those who bought when it was starting or now, when the price is high already, they still have faced challenges and will still be facing challenges today. It may be different, but still, it's all but the same obstacles that could make or break your will to invest in this market. Therefore, if you are just buying now, what you need to have is a difference in approach that is more fitting for the times and trends now. So, instead of thinking that you are now in a bad position because you have started late, just make sure to use better strategies to keep up.
Ondre

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 01:33:45 AM

For me, we should not compete with those who invested before and those who had just invested, what matter most is that those who are now investing now had given their means to earn from it, though it will not be big earning like the first investors but they will also get there later on as long as they look on positive side. That is why i still conclude the fairness of it.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Rhaizan

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 02:00:31 AM

For me, we should not compete with those who invested before and those who had just invested, what matter most is that those who are now investing now had given their means to earn from it, though it will not be big earning like the first investors but they will also get there later on as long as they look on positive side. That is why i still conclude the fairness of it.

Yeah,don't look on the past just focus on now, as long as you know that you can earn profit then it's fine to invest now. We will see soon that we can also earn huge profit like what others earn. The most important is you are already invested now in crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: