Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TradeHill - Why we no longer accept Dwolla and an open letter to Ben Milne  (Read 37478 times)
Chick

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 10:06:23 AM

This thread illustrates the problem with the Bitcoin community.

You are all a bunch of arrogant, naive, utopian amateurs who automatically dismiss any good advice from people with experience.  That's why Bitcoin businesses are bound to fail.

To make it in the Real World of entrepreneurship, you must resort to deception, blackmail, and nepotism.  Only in the fantasy world of immature idealists does honesty, customer loyalty, and creating real value get you anywhere.

That was all the Venture Capitalist was trying to say to you, and your knee-jerk reaction was to gang up on him. How predictable.   Grin

I agree 100%.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chick

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 10:09:14 AM

Yeah if they have a loyal fan base then they already have customers... So fuck your VC money?

It's not his VC money, it's potential VC money coming from potential investors. I'm pretty sure TradeHill could use some extra bucks and strategic management to have some serious competition with Mt.Gox.

With the attitude Jared is expressing now, he will still be left with nothing but you trolls. Sad.

Chick

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 10:11:43 AM

As many of you have, I've dealt with both Dwolla and Trade Hill.  I've had the reason to contact customer service at each business.

Both were resolved to my satisfaction, BUT:

Trade Hill responded to me and resolved my issue in about an hour.

I heard no word from Dwolla for 2 days, but then it was resolved.

Combine this with Trade Hill's excellent record of communication on these forums, and Dwolla's continued absence, even though it's obvious bitcoin is directly responsible for Dwolla's much touted growth, and I'll take Trade Hill's side ANY DAY.

Because Dwolla is much bigger than TradeHill and have focuses other than Bitcoin itself?

rate5

Activity: 104
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 10:18:43 AM

It looks like MtGox has frozen Dwolla deposits:
https://support.mtgox.com/entries/20317576-important-notice-dwolla-deposit-delays
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 10:20:40 AM

Timely...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 10:40:15 AM

Because Dwolla is much bigger than TradeHill and have focuses other than Bitcoin itself?

Actually no. Between MtGox and TradeHill they are the 90+% of the Dwolla bussiness. And in the rest there are other Bitcoin exchanges. Dwolla does not like to talk about it, but Dwolla is tied to Bitcoin. Without Bitcoin Dwolla would be nothing.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀

Telegram

███

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

Twitter

██████

...Get Tokens...
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 10:58:30 AM

Yay for adblock and to get rid of your stupid goxed banner!

One off NP-Hard.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 11:14:18 AM

The bitcoin community has no problem. Dwolla's VC have because this is the end for Dwolla. All those 'keep silent' appeals are just pathetic...
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 11:24:04 AM

The bitcoin community has no problem. Dwolla's VC have because this is the end for Dwolla. All those 'keep silent' appeals are just pathetic...
But still it is part of the bitcoin community so why not be a bit sympathetic with it? Why all the hostility against people that are sticking their head out and trying to do business using bitcoins, such as MtGox, Tradehill (and indirectly Dwolla) etc?

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2011, 11:46:11 AM

But still it is part of the bitcoin community so why not be a bit sympathetic with it? Why all the hostility against people that are sticking their head out and trying to do business using bitcoins, such as MtGox, Tradehill (and indirectly Dwolla) etc?
I personally am very sympathetic to Dwolla. I think they handled this particular situation awfully, unless there are some massive extenuating circumstances we don't know about (such as a sting operation in progress involving one of their employees or something). But I think Dwolla is a great idea, deserves to succeed, and will succeed once they make it clear that they must pass on their fraud costs to their customers if they're only making $0.25 on each transaction.

But I do understand the hostility. A huge fraction of Dwolla's income is indirectly from Bitcoins. Yet there's a somewhat justified impression that Dwolla is not just indifferent to Bitcoins but hostile to them.

Dwolla will survive without Bitcoin, they'll just grow more slowly. And Bitcoin will survive without Dwolla, there will just be a bit of awkward time while exchanges switch over to other mechanisms. But they really should embrace each other. This is like the part of the chick flick where the girl thinks the guy's a jerk.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Smalleyster

Activity: 84

I yam what I yam. - Popeye

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2011, 11:55:50 AM

~"Turn out the lights..the party's over"~

Feel like investing in a Miner?:
http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=30044.msg377773#msg377773
A soup to nuts newbee system for a secure, portable USB wallet (free instructions):
NoobHowTo: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=27088.msg341387#msg341387
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 12:03:21 PM

Dwolla will survive without Bitcoin, they'll just grow more slowly.
Sure they can survive without bitcoin, but they can't survive without their "no chargeback" policy because this is the core of their business model.
datguywhowanders

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 02:00:57 PM

2 BTC says BitcoinEXpress is really just some big-talking nobody living in his mom's basement.

Troll, GTFO. If you're going to express that childish attitude here, then you are the nobody living in your mom's basement. The fact that he is providing insightful information that most of you cannot take seriously of really makes me sick of the Bitcoin community.

Chick, I don't think your post is quality material either.

Tradehill,

I think you've handled this marvelously so far. You contacted Dwolla prior to a public disclosure, and the fact that you gave them two weeks over $37,000 is more than sufficient in my book. They refused to address the issue competently. Like you said, it could have been a failure to get the attention of the right people, but at this point and in light of recent actions by Dwolla, I think it is safe to assume that they are in the wrong on this. Please continue to keep the community informed in the manner you have started. It's obvious from the majority of the posts in this thread that your actions are supported and that your customer base appreciates full disclosure.

Dwolla,

Your failure to fully address this issue is losing you customers. At this point, I personally believe that you're hiding and will not make a statement, and if you are as badly off as some people, myself included, think you are right now, then there is no statement you can make to fix this. However, deleting comments from public spaces, sending out empty email responses that don't address the issue, and changing your terms of service without notifying any of your customers will not leave a good impression with anyone you are currently doing business with or those who may bring you business in the future. I will be cancelling my account with your service, but I wish you the best in improving your business.

All VCs and Dwolla supporters,

Your advice and expertise are appreciated. However, the BitCoin community is not your average customer. We don't want to do business in the same manner as the current model. If we did, we probably wouldn't be excited about BitCoin. We want an open discussion between all parties involved, and we're tired of the lying, cheating, and stealing that is the current system. We don't want another company funded by Wall Street or Silicon Valley that offers outsourced customer service and hidden fees around every corner. That change won't come overnight, and most of us know that. We still don't want you in here preaching silence and backdoor deals. So next time, instead of offering unsolicited advice to either protect a current investment or a future one, just leave.

Donations Welcome: 163id7T8KZ6MevqT86DjrBF2kfCPrQsfZE
bitbot

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 02:04:14 PM

this officially makes mtgox the top exchange

Anonymous BITCOIN Exchange: https://www.TRADEHILL.COM
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:48:06 PM

Nicely put Panda, but I'll abbreviate and add an option...

All VCs and Dwolla supporters,

Your advice and expertise are appreciated. However, the BitCoin community is not your average customer. We don't want to do business in the same manner as the current model. If we did, we probably wouldn't be excited about BitCoin. We want an open discussion between all parties involved, and we're tired of the lying, cheating, and stealing that is the current system. We don't want another company funded by Wall Street or Silicon Valley that offers outsourced customer service and hidden fees around every corner. That change won't come overnight, and most of us know that.

We still don't want you in here preaching silence and backdoor deals. So next time, instead of offering unsolicited advice to either protect a current investment or a future one, just leave.

Or alternately, please stick around and keep reminding us why it could be a better world if the Bitcoin project evolves in a particular way and to keep an eye out for the armies of slimy degenerates who will be trying to creep in.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Yeti

Activity: 112

Firstbits: 1yetiax

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 03:48:43 PM

this officially makes mtgox the top exchange
Which also has problems with Dwolla...

1YetiaXeuRzX9QJoQNUW84oX2EiXnHgp3 or http://payb.tc/yeti

Since Bitcoin Randomizer is dead, join the Bitcoin Pyramid (referrer id #203)! Be quick, be on top! Instant payout as soon as one of your referrals deposits!
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 04:03:01 PM

http://www.siliconprairienews.com/2011/07/as-bitcoin-exchanges-drop-dwolla-milne-says-company-stays-focused
Bitcoin Swami

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 04:05:57 PM

What a douchebag
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 04:07:20 PM

Cool!  Keep the users calm while Dwolla loads the lifeboats with their money.  In trade, Dwolla can kick back enough to keep you solvent.  Mutually promise not to sue one another.  Keep it silent and noone will be the wiser.  Everyone wins.  Modern business 101.

Just kidding...I of course don't know that Mt. Gox is doing that and I highly doubt it.  I'm sure our VC brain trust here would highly approve of the strategy though.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bitbot

View Profile
July 28, 2011, 04:23:08 PM

so will people be able to withdraw funds via dwolla?

Anonymous BITCOIN Exchange: https://www.TRADEHILL.COM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: